News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Hunger Games discussion

Started by BrookSkimmer, March 23, 2012, 11:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Rainshadow on December 05, 2012, 02:11:56 AM
  Not to be rude, but why does anyone think that people under 13 can't read or watch certain movies or books?  I was seven when I watched my first PG-13 movie, and eight when I started Redwall.  Some people can handle things better than others.  I don't believe age really matters.  Sure, I wouldn't let a toddler watch The Hunger Games, but I might consider letting a 9 year old watch it if they could handle it.  I certainly was able to handle nasty movies at that age!
I side with you, Rain. While the rule says  you need to be 17 or 18 to legally view R movies, I don't see the problem with people under that age watching them. After all, they're just movies, and it's good to get young minds into the real world so they can at least know about it. 13 is a very mature age IMO, and depending on the person, if they can handle it then I say go for it.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Phoenix

Hunger Games! My favorite series, barely ahead of Redwall.  ;D

PrimroseWarrior

I love the Hunger games! (Well, duh.)
"Every fairytale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me, or you're nothing."
    ~Moriarty

"People have died."
"Thats what people DO!"

"Did u miss me?"
      ~Moriarty & Sherlock

Phoenix

Haha, yeah. Normally my username is PhoenixOfPanem, but this is a Redwall-themed forum.

PrimroseWarrior

I cant wait for Catching fire to out! I'm SO going to the midnight premire...
"Every fairytale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me, or you're nothing."
    ~Moriarty

"People have died."
"Thats what people DO!"

"Did u miss me?"
      ~Moriarty & Sherlock

Phoenix

It's a Saturday, I think, so I can go to the midnight premiere when it comes out

Redwallfan7

What Rain was talking about just a few posts before, I'm finding out that mature doesn't  necessarily have to be explicit. I've tried reading some rated M fanfictons and I felt queasy after reading them. I think mature in a movie or tv show depends on how well the plot and the characters present themselves, and not how much raciness you can pack in there.  My sister is in her twenties and she even had to stop watching an adult comedy film. The Hunger Games is the right kind of mature, Katniss knew what she had to do in order to help out her sister.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

AxeHound

I think that the book 'The Hunger Games' taken by itself can seem very bad, but when read together with 'Catching Fire' and 'Mockingjay' it's the story of a girl who is forced to take part in an evil practice for the entertainment of a barbaric society. This girl (Katniss, obviously) then takes up arms in a rebellion against this evil and conquers. The last book ends with all of the characters looking forward to a better future. Taken that way, it's a very good story.

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

PrimroseWarrior

I got so good at rebeling, i started rebeling against the rebelion!
    ~Moriarty

"People have died."
"Thats what people DO!"

"Did u miss me?"
      ~Moriarty & Sherlock

Mad Maudie

Lol. I cannot wait for catching fire to come out.
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Phoenix

Teams. I really don't like 'em. Why did they have to ruin the plot and dumb it down to KatnissxGale or KatnissxPeeta??

AxeHound

Quote from: Phoenix on February 18, 2013, 09:39:37 PM
Teams. I really don't like 'em. Why did they have to ruin the plot and dumb it down to KatnissxGale or KatnissxPeeta??

I know, right? So annoying. Almost Twilight-esque.

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Rainshadow

If I were to be forced to be on a team, I'd choose Finnick.  But I'm not really on a team, so...
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Mad Maudie

yeah I love Finnick. I also love Peeta and hate Gale!!!!!!!
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Redwallfan7