News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Lord of the Rings

Started by Primrosewarrior, March 30, 2012, 09:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

It's not the same! You gotta read it word by word to suck up every bit and digest it properly!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tungro

I might try again later this year

Rosie Willowwater

FOTR is a hard book to read honestly :P I don't blame you for wanting to stop it in the middle. I believe it is the kind of book that gets better on the second reading, because when reading 5 pages that feel like fluff, you realize that they are actually setting up something.

Tungro

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on February 15, 2019, 01:20:50 PM
I don't blame you for wanting to stop it in the middle.
Hah Hah! More like 40 pages in

The Shadow of Korriban

I didn't even want to start it. Hope you feel better. :P
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Sebias of Redwall

This might have been asked earlier but i'm too lazy to check ;) What do you guys think of Amazon making the new LotR tv show?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

The Skarzs

Mixed feelings. I really really want a show made, but I want it done right.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Skarzs on February 27, 2019, 01:06:39 AM
Mixed feelings. I really really want a show made, but I want it done right.
Exactly my thoughts on the subject!  ;D

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

Sebias of Redwall

Who are your guy's top ten favorite lotr characters and why?

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

That is a tough one, I will have to think about it. In the books or the movies, cuz Cellaborn(?) was lame in the movie and good in the book.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Tungro on February 27, 2019, 07:05:41 PM
That is a tough one, I will have to think about it. In the books or the movies, cuz Cellaborn(?) was lame in the movie and good in the book.
i agree. and some (like Tom Bombadil) weren't even in the movie.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

yeah, though, Tom was made as an enigma...sadly...
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on February 27, 2019, 07:03:03 PM
Who are your guy's top ten favorite lotr characters and why?
*Glorfindel, because... I've read some really cool fanfictions with him and, in them, he has a fantastic sense of humour. (that and he's the perfect target for pranks)
*Halbarad, because, again, there are some cool fanfictions about him and because he's a very minor character that most people don't care about.
**Elladan and Elrohir, because of their close sibling relationship and the fact that they actually care about humans, which I appreciate. (and 'cause of fanfictions)
*Erestor because he's a scholar and would be able to tell me lots of stories. (if I spoke Sindarin fluently, which I don't)
*Lindir because he writes songs and looks after horses, both qualities I respect in a beast.
*Radagast (spelling?) because he's... well, himself.
*Namo, because I have to involve at least one of the Valar in this list and she's the only one I can remember the name of. (Plus she was generally quite a nice person and there's a really cool quote involving her)
*Eru, because he created Middle-Earth, Valinor and everything else within that world.
*Durin, because there is a really cool song about him.

*is pleased that I managed to list ten characters without choosing the 'typical' ones*
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!