News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Warriors

Started by Rainshadow, July 25, 2012, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Warriors series is your favorite?

Warriors
5 (55.6%)
The New Prophecy
0 (0%)
The Power of Three
0 (0%)
Omen of the Stars
1 (11.1%)
Dawn of the Clans
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Rainshadow

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on February 18, 2013, 05:44:45 AM
The story of Yellowfang's face, everyone! :D

...which explains why she looks so ugly in the manga. :(

Hahaha!  That's hilarious!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dawnwing

Rainshadow

Well, Yellowfang never was very patient.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dawnwing

The first book in Dawn of the Clans, "The Sun Trail", comes out a week from tomorrow!  If anyone's interested, I have the Allegiances, prologue, and first two chapters typed up from various previews here.

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dawnwing

So did any of you guys read The Sun Trail?  If so, what did you think of it?  I think it was the best main-series Warriors book in years.  Everyone's got pretty high hopes for this fifth series. :)

Rainshadow

Has it come out already?

Dawnwing

Yep, it came out in March.  We've learned of a few books since this thread was last active, so here's the upcoming books we know of:

July 2, 2013
- The Untold Stories (the ebook novellas "Hollyleaf's Story", "Mistystar's Omen", and "Cloudstar's Journey" bundled as a paperback)
- Tallstar's Revenge (Super Edition)

November 5, 2013
- Thunder Rising (Dawn of the Clans #2)
- The Ultimate Guide (it's a guidebook that will be a lot like Cats of the Clans, but it features updated information , 40 more characters, and things such as Tigerstar's nine lives)

April 8, 2014
- The First Battle (Dawn of the Clans #3)

Date unknown, 2014:
- Bramblestar's Storm (Super Edition, takes place after Omen of the Stars)
- Tigerclaw's Fury (ebook novella, about Tigerclaw's exile during Rising Storm)
- Leafpool's Wish (ebook novella, topic unknown)
- unknown ebook novella (character and plot not yet decided)

Date unknown, 2015:
- unknown Super Edition (character and plot not yet decided)

Rainshadow

So exciting!  And I'm very excited for The Untold Stories, seeing as out of those three, the only I've been able to read is Hollyleaf's Story, and the text was puny, so I didn't really understand most of it.  :P
  Also, I'm wondering if Leafpool's Wish is about

Er, I believe it's Sunrise from the Power of Three series
when Leafpool gave her kits to Squirrelflight.  Maybe.  That's just a theory.
[close]

Orinoco

Don't get me wrong, I love Warriors, but I think it's about time for the Erin Hunter gang to retire. There's only so much that can be done with a continuous book series.

That aside, I am excited for the upcoming books (especially that Tigerclaw one! I like Tigerstar for some strange reason). Still haven't read The Sun Trail yet, though.
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Gingivere Greeneyes

While I do enjoy the warriors books, the one thing I hate most about in it is Speciesm, for example, whatever isn't a cat is instantly, evil, dumb, a kit stealer, stupid, the list goes on. I don't know if any of you have been the website 'Animal Jam' (which I really wouldn't recommend. -.-) But on there, people start 'Clans' with wolves (even though there's a tiger option which is FAR more catlike.) While some, admittedly know their stuff, but others.....don't get me started, they pretend to kill deer and use bows and swords and can write and instantly kill tigers and pandas, and pick on the rabbits and seals. And that's only the ones who READ warriors, I wont go into the ones who don't.
Back to the actual books now, heh, let me talk about Sol for a while, I hate how he is villanised, and made instantly bad just because he even suggested a different way of life than the warrior code. Hollyleaf kinda annoys me about this, the warrior code doesn't feed them and keep them together, the cats do. Sol is hunted and hated for even suggesting something different.

Rant over.
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

Orinoco

Quote from: Gingivere Greeneyes on May 06, 2013, 08:28:08 PM

Back to the actual books now, heh, let me talk about Sol for a while, I hate how he is villanised, and made instantly bad just because he even suggested a different way of life than the warrior code. Hollyleaf kinda annoys me about this, the warrior code doesn't feed them and keep them together, the cats do. Sol is hunted and hated for even suggesting something different.

True, very true.
I don't think Sol should be have been nearly as hated as he was. I mean, just look at him in the SkyClan and the Stranger mangas! How could you hate him when his story is so sad? And yes, it was rude when he was outcast just because he suggested a change.
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Ungatt Trunn

I've never heard about the Warriors series before. What is they exacly?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tiria Wildlough

It's about four Clans of Cats. It starts with a house cat who wants to join one of the Clans, and the problems he encounters.
Quote from: Gingivere Greeneyes on May 06, 2013, 08:28:08 PM
True, very true.
I don't think Sol should be have been nearly as hated as he was. I mean, just look at him in the SkyClan and the Stranger mangas! How could you hate him when his story is so sad? And yes, it was rude when he was outcast just because he suggested a change.
Yes, but he still manipulated cats and treated them badly, and that's why I hate him. No offense to anyone who likes him. I just find him too...well, creepy.

And I read The Sun Trail! I liked it, though I'm not impressed by some characters *COUGHCOUGHClear SkyCOUGHCOUGH*

SPOILERS:

....Yes, I know both his mates died. That doesn't create an excuse to disown and exile your brothers, and/or turn away your own son. :C I am not impressed.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

CrazyPug37

I read Warriors when I was younger, so I only know the original books where they lived in that old place, whatitscalled. (I forget, remembering stuff from 4 years ago is hard).  All I know is that it's where FireStar was raised.

I need to start reading that series again.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United