News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Horse Riding

Started by Rainshadow, July 25, 2012, 05:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnaofRedwall

I ride, too! I'm between sessions right now, but I ride at a place called Windy Ridge Ranch in Woodbury, MN,
I hate it when a package says 'easy open' and you need a scissors, a knife, a crowbar, a gun, and a light-saber to open it.

Rainshadow

Minnesota girl, eh?  Nice.  ;D  (Oh, don't mind me, I just have a weird thing of liking other states more than my own until I go there and realize that I like mine much more :P)

Anyway, as I've previously stated, I've ridden horses for a bit of time now.  Three and a half years, I believe.  The horses that I used to ride have passed away from various illnesses, but currently I ride two different horses, Bay and Rain.

Rain's the paint, Bay's the bay Arabian.  ;)  They're both 11 (I believe), so they've got a couple of years before they go.  ;)  That was one of the main problems with the other horses I rode.  They were all somewhere around 20-30 years, so they were pretty old.  Hopefully I'll be riding those two for quite some time!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Maudie

Aw, did you name Rain after yourself?
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mask on June 07, 2013, 06:32:50 PM
Aw, did you name Rain after yourself?

Haha, no, but I did find it very surprising when I learned the horse's name was Rain.  I was actually one of the ones to go out and test ride her to see if we should get her, so I was one of the first to learn her name.  Of course, I was the only one who found her name amusing.  ;)  It's funny whenever someone goes to call her from the pasture.  I'll turn my head and look at them before realizing that they weren't talking to me, but were in fact talking to the horse.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Your so lucky rain.  :) I really wish I could ride more.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

rachel25

I ride a horse called Rob he's a cob and a nice one my sister rides a horse called Roo who is also a cob  :)

Rainshadow

Ooh!  Cobs are so pretty!

rachel25

Yeah they are. I adore them,even if they are a bit silly at times, and have almost killed me a few times. But I forgive easily.  ;D
Being a horse owner in a British winter, is not nice. But at least it's spring now.

Banya Streamdog

I would LOVE to take lessons!!!
EEEE AYE EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Tungro

The Skarzs

I have never ridden a horse, but I have ridden a mule, and pretty recently, actually. It was a lot of fun.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tungro

A mule is not a horse :P (Though seriously you should try riding horses)

I rode for two years, but took a break and will hopefully start again this summer, I did mostly dressage and jumping lessons at MIRC

The Skarzs

Have you ever ridden a mule?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tungro

Nope, only horses and on occasion large ponies

The Witessss

one would think I would have ridden a horse before considering my grandpa who lives not far away at all has 20 but..
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!