Gone

Started by Rainshadow, August 11, 2012, 09:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

The hare looked up at the abbey, he hated all buildings, especially castle-like ones, like the one he had grown up in. He sighed, then raised his paw and slowly knocked.

Rainshadow

A Dibbun had heard the knock at the gate and shouted out, "Sumbeast's at da gate!"  Joy heard his little cry and wheeled her chair to the gate.  "Who's there?  Friend or foe?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

W0NWILL

"Wouldn't you know?" He asked.

Rainshadow

Abby ran to the battlements and looked for the creature at the gate.  "You!"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

W0NWILL

He raised his eyebrows, "You."

Rainshadow

Abby looked to the Abbess.  "It's alright, Ma'am, ye can let 'im in.  He won't hurt nobeast."  Joy opened the gate.

W0NWILL

He stepped in briskly.

Rainshadow

"Sorry about that," said Joy.  "I just like to make sure.  We've had a lot of trouble in the past.  Might I ask what your name is?"  She held out her paw for him to shake.

W0NWILL

He eyed her coldly and didn't take her paw.

Rainshadow

Abby leaned over and whispered to Joy, "He don't tell nobeast wot his name is.  Touchy fella, he is."
  Joy nodded.  "Well, it's nice to meet you, Mr. Hare."

W0NWILL

"I'm here for provisions."

Rainshadow

The Matthias and Methuselah bells rang out the evening hour.  "Well," said Joy.  "You came at just the time!  It's suppertime!  Shall we go to Cavern Hole?"  She steered her chair into the abbey and was followed by Shade and Abby.

W0NWILL

He shook his head furiously, "No, no, not inside!" He backed away as if the abbey was going to grow fangs and pounce on him, fear in his eyes.

Rainshadow

Abby looked at him in confusion.  "Wot?  Ye afraid the roof's gonna cave in?"
  Shade followed the Abbess.  She didn't want to stay with the hare.  He was weird.

W0NWILL

"No," He mumbled, barely audible. "It's just...it's a lot like...never mind." He absently touched his face, where a long scar traced his cheekbone.