News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Redwall Abbey Times [[[Office]]]

Started by Trigoma, August 12, 2012, 09:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigoma

This is the official office of the Redwall Abbey Times. I will be posting slots of writers/cartoonist/editors and many more! If you are interested in joining one, fill out the application and PM me! I read and reply to ALL PMs.

Job List:

1: President-Trigoma

2: Vice President-Redwaller

3: Editor-W0NWILL

4: Cartoonist-danflorreguba

5: Article Writer-Rainshadow

6: Article Writer-Tiria Wildlough

7: Article Writer-

8: Article Writer-

Information on Jobs:

Info On Jobs
President: Over sees all, and makes sure jobs are done thoroughly and efficiently.

Vice President: Assists the president in all matters and is in-charge if the president is absent. Responsible for taking suggestions and filtering them. Also, if an article writer cannot meet a deadline for some reason, the VP will take on the responsibility of writing it for him/her.

Editor: Patches together all articles and cartoons. He/she is to create spoilers/font changes/color changes of the issue and finalizes it before its release. Looks for grammatical errors, spelling, and configures so its sounds smooth and eloquent. Once he/she is finished patching it, he/she will send it to the president, who in turn will modify it with his VP, and then release it on its proper date.

Cartoonist: Responsible for providing entertainment in the "Entertainment" section. He/she is allowed to have assistants if he/she wishes.

Article Writers: There are four article writers. These four choose a section from the issues that they wish to compose. They are responsible for reaching the deadline. Once their composition is complete, they send it to the president, who in turn copies and pastes all sections into one. It is then sent to the editor, revised, and posted. The only section that cannot be taken by an article writer is "In-closing". That is written by the President and Vice President.
[close]

Sections of the issues:

Sections
1: Announcements-Tiria Wildlough
2: Season Names and Namers-Rainshadow
~Sub Sec.-Favorite song of the week
3: Absences-Rainshadow
   ~Returns-Rainshadow
4: Prayer Requests
~Sub Sec.-Entertainment Break-danflorreguba
~Sub Sec.-Help Wanted-danflorreguba
5: Top Game-Tiria Wildlough
6: Top Poster
7: Birthdays-Rainshadow
8: In-closing
[close]

Applications:

Applications

EDITOR APPLICATION

Name:
Job wish:
Example of writing ability:
Other:

ARTICLE WRITER APPLICATION

Name:
Job wish:
Two (2) sections you want to write:
Other:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vice President Application:

Name:
Why you should be VP:
What is a leader?:
What is responsibility?:
Other:
[close]

Work Order:

Work Order
These are the steps taken through the process of an issue. This is to help battle confusion of what to do next.

1: Monday-Thursday: Article Writers and the cartoonist will be doing their share of the work. The president will be constantly contacting them to make sure all is going smooth.

2: Friday: All employees are to send in their articles/cartoons to the editor either on Friday, or by Friday. The editor will then patch everything together, check for grammatical mistakes, and modify it so it runs smoothly. The editor is also allowed to make editors notes if he/she wishes to. The editor will then send the semi-finished product to the Vice-President and President. They will check it over and finalize it, writing the section "In-Closing" that day.

3: Saturday: The set release date for all issues with the exception of a special release.

4: Sunday: Day off and party day for the employees! :P
[close]

Issues:

Issues

Conclusion:

Thank you for reading this, and I hope to get job applications soon. Everyone who gets a job will be briefed on deadlines/issue dates/special issues. Stay tuned for more!

~Trig~

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Dannflower Reguba

Hey guys! It's your new resident CARTOONIST!  :D I would like ONE person to help with something... I'm not very good at finding redwall pics with promise, I caption the few I can find, but if you are good at finding those just PERFECT pics... please let me know, thanks.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Name:
Job wish:
Other:

Could you explain in more detail what this is?  Like, what do you mean by Example of writing ability?  And name as in my name would be Rainshadow I'm guessing?  Finally, what other things would be included?
 Oh, and one other thing.  You spelled article wrong.  Sorry.  Just felt I should point that out.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

psybox

for example you link to a fan fiction you wrote/ original story or something along that line, i think.

Rainshadow

I've never written a fanfic.  I want to, just don't have an idea for one.  I've written poems though.  I am writing a book though, just not a fanfic.  Thanks for the help, Psybox.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

W0NWILL

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 12, 2012, 11:08:58 PM
Hey guys! It's your new resident CARTOONIST!  :D I would like ONE person to help with something... I'm not very good at finding redwall pics with promise, I caption the few I can find, but if you are good at finding those just PERFECT pics... please let me know, thanks.

I'm good at finding good Redwall pics:

dannflorreguba

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6o3uqOv6S1ql8jlyo1_500.jpg
It won't show on the iPad, does it show up?
EDIT: Fixed it.
[close]

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: W0NWILL on August 13, 2012, 12:15:47 AM
Quote from: danflorreguba on August 12, 2012, 11:08:58 PM

I'm good at finding good Redwall pics:

dannflorreguba

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6o3uqOv6S1ql8jlyo1_500.jpg
It won't show on the iPad, does it show up?
EDIT: Fixed it.
[close]

That's GREAT!  :D Give me a moment...

WONWILL
Hmmmm... I can't place it, but you seem a tad larger than your action figure... Just saying.

Alt.
Asmodeus: SSSSSSSS! You shall feel the greatest of all pains mouse!
Matthias: Phew! I already am! Your breath is downright horrendous!
[close]

That one was a little tricky, but it still works out pretty well.... Do you mind continuing to do this?

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

W0NWILL

Dannflower Reguba

Great!.... Though from now on, please shoot 'em to me via PM. Sound good? I prefer that only you, Trigoma, and myself know what it is until publishing.  :)

Sincerly
YOUR NEW BOSS!  ;D

P.S. JK I'm still Dannflower Reguba  :D

Redwallfan7

Could I be an article writer and I can write about the trending topics or the new topics that people make? And how time cons summing will this be, will I have to right an article every day?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

Can I be an article writer too? And draw cartoons?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

W0NWILL

Guys, Trig said that you have to fill out the app and PM it to him.

Redwallfan7

what's the app, sorry if I'm being dumb
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

For article writing:

Name:
Job wish: (Article writing)
Example of writing ability: (Link to fanfiction or something)
Two (2) sections you want to write: (ex:Top Game and Prayer Requests)
Other:

Redwallfan7