News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Dragon Cave!

Started by Dannflor, September 05, 2012, 07:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawnwing

Quote from: Redwaller on December 19, 2012, 09:09:38 PM
I'VE GOT A HOLLY!!!!!!
Nice! Congratulations!  :D

Quote from: Rainshadow on December 19, 2012, 10:56:13 PM
  What's a Holly again?  ???  Oh, is it that rare dragon?

Yep, it's the second-rarest breed on the site.  It was the very first holiday dragon, back in 2007 when there weren't many members.  Before the 2009 event - after the Hollies had had one year to breed - there were only 109 Holly dragons on the whole site.  (Consider that the forum has over 55,000 members and there's many more site users that don't have a forum account.)  They've been breeding for a couple years now, but they're still pretty rare. I've been trying to get one for three years now.

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwaller

You have to be very patient to get one.  :P

EDIT: How are you doing with your Christmas cooking?

Rainshadow

*Facepalm*  How does one cook things?  I have no recipes and have only milk and cocoa beans.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

AxeHound

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Rainshadow

A really, really, really rare dragon.

Dawnwing

Quote from: AxeHound on December 20, 2012, 01:56:44 AM
What's a holly?
*pokes top of this page* I talked about it up there.

Quote from: Rainshadow on December 20, 2012, 01:28:37 AM
 *Facepalm*  How does one cook things?  I have no recipes and have only milk and cocoa beans.

Here, a bunch of people made a file listing how to make everything. I found it really helpful and I'm sure you will too. :D  For everything except the red-star recipes, you just have to guess because the site doesn't tell you, so that's why this file is useful.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H0kzbQ5QrkhzbWdOjJOg5Z0QmBJ1q3Wspq2X3q4Yt0U/edit

At this point I have all the base ingredients and made all the non-red-star recipes. I'm currently collecting recipe cards for the red-star ones.

Dawnwing

EDIT: Oops, accidental double post here that I can't seem to delete

Redwaller

Thanks for the recipes! Really helpful!  :)

Rainshadow

Yeah, thanks!  And a quick question:  How do you get different ingredients?  I just came across the cocoa beans and the milk.

Dawnwing

Quote from: Rainshadow on December 20, 2012, 05:58:16 PM
 Yeah, thanks!  And a quick question:  How do you get different ingredients?  I just came across the cocoa beans and the milk.
A different ingredient appears every 10 mins or so - just like the random Halloween items that appeared everywhere.

Once you collect all the ingredients, it'll be red-star recipe cards (you can't make the recipe until you get the card, and if you create a new red star recipe you get an entry in a drawing for a new prize dragon).

Redwaller

I don't quite understand the last part. What do you mean by create a new red star recipe?

Rainshadow

Well, I just successfully made cheese and plain dough.  I now have eggs, milk, flour, cocoa beans, cheese and plain dough.  I hope I get sugar next!

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

AxeHound

(please do not send me the pm game messages)