News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Dragon Cave!

Started by Dannflor, September 05, 2012, 07:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

gorath

My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwaller

Dawnwing

Quote from: Redwaller on January 07, 2013, 09:51:25 PM
When does the drawing end?
The recipe game (and therefore chances to enter) went until Jan 2.  It might take TJ a while before he draws the winners; I think last year it was halfway through January.

Rusvul

I also have a question about Dragon Cave. What is it? I am sorry if I am asking a question that has already been asked, please forgive me if I am.

Redwaller

Quote from: Dawnwing on January 08, 2013, 12:51:02 AM
Quote from: Redwaller on January 07, 2013, 09:51:25 PM
When does the drawing end?
The recipe game (and therefore chances to enter) went until Jan 2.  It might take TJ a while before he draws the winners; I think last year it was halfway through January.
ok

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 08, 2013, 12:56:42 AM
I also have a question about Dragon Cave. What is it? I am sorry if I am asking a question that has already been asked, please forgive me if I am.
It's a sort of game where you adopt up to seven eggs to raise them to dragons. In order to do so, they need views.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Rainshadow on January 07, 2013, 09:29:42 PM
  So, you go down to the very bottom and enter in your scroll name.  Then you choose one of the animated styles and click "Create My Own Banner".  You copy the url code (the top one of the two codes) and paste it in your signature.  Viola!  You have the moving signature box!
So, I put in my name, but it said the account didn't exist or something.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwaller

Did you put your scroll name exactly has it is?

Rainshadow

Quote from: Redwaller on January 08, 2013, 12:37:36 PM

*Raises hand high in the air*  I had that problem!  Unfortunately, my name on Drag Cave isn't Rainshadow.  *Nods seriously*  It's MoonfishParachutist, not MoonfishParachute.  :P

Redwaller

Dawnwing

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 08, 2013, 12:56:42 AM
Like Redwaller said, it's an adoptable-pet sort of game.  You "steal" dragon eggs from a cave, and you have 7 days to get enough people to view and click on them (by putting them in your signature on forums, on sites made for it, etc) to make them hatch, and then 7 more days to get them to grow up.  It's mostly a collect-them-all thing (there's over 100 breeds), and you can also breed your dragons and trade them with others.  There's usually special events for the holidays, too (for example, one Christmas had a tree-decorating game, and Halloween has had a "choose-your-own-adventure" sort of story.) 

And it's all entirely free.  There aren't even any sort of "premium" memberships or anything, and the owner has no plans to make it that way since he doesn't like such things.  The only "paid" benefit is entirely optional - you can pay around $5 to have ads removed from the site for a year, but since there's only one ad at the bottom and it's fairly unobtrusive I don't even bother, and it doesn't affect the game at all. :D

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Redwaller on January 08, 2013, 12:37:36 PM
I did do that, but it didn't work. :'(
EDIT: No, wait! It's working!

Except it's not showing my grown-up dragon. Why is that?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwaller

It shows only the eggs and hatchlings, otherwise there would be too much dragons and it would probably crash.

Dannflower Reguba

Hi guys! (I feel like a nub now) quick question, if you post your scroll in your sig. will it give a view for ALL your dragons? And how would I go about posting my scroll? Thanks in advance!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This