News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Doctor Who Thread (Rebooted Series or Doctors 9+)

Started by AxeHound, October 15, 2012, 04:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Mask

I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Jetthebinturong

Jetthebinturong

Listen is the creepiest and most awesome thing you will ever watch

That plot twist though....

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on September 13, 2014, 08:25:16 PM
Listen is the creepiest and most awesome thing you will ever watch

That plot twist though....

My first thought:  Wait, which episode is that?  Is that with the tenth Doctor?  Second thought:  Oh, wait, no, Listen is the new episode, but it's Friday!  How has he seen it already?  Third thought:  No, it's Saturday, but it hasn't aired yet!  What?!  Fourth thought:  ...*Faceplam*  Different country.

I'm off my game today, lol.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Mask

Well that was scary...
Spoiler
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! That was a really creepy episode. The plot twist was confusing though. I guess the thing under the blanket was a boy? But then what wrote listen?
[close]
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

Jetthebinturong

Spoiler
It was the Doctor as a child. The whole episode is riddled with plot holes though, maybe it's the Doctor when he first became a Time Lord traveling for the first time?
[close]

Firehawke

Loved Listen!!!  My family did not expect those plot twists!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

The Mask

Spoiler
Wait... what? how did lil' Doctor get into the Tardis and do it?
[close]

Firehawke

I don't think we know...

hidden
for sure if it was written by the Doctor as a child.  My thoughts are the Doctor wrote it and didn't remember...or maybe it was the Tardis.  Maybe we might never know!  Such a good episode!
[close]
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Jetthebinturong

I loved the story of Time Heist but I think it suffered from a lack of time in which to tell the story. Though it may have been intentional, I found the pacing to be awful, everything happened far too quickly, I didn't feel for Saibra at all and only a little for Psi. I also guessed the identity of the Architect early on

Jetthebinturong

Kill the Moon, just, what can I say about Kill the Moon. In my opinion, the most emotional episode of all time. Forget your Doomsdays, your Sound of Drums, your Journey's Ends, your End of Times, your Name of the Doctors, your Day of the Doctors and your Time of the Doctors, give me this over any of those any day

Spoiler
Bit annoyed that they didn't properly show the moon creature at the end, it looked like a giant awesome star dragon from the two seconds we saw of it
[close]

Rainshadow

Kill the Moon
  I know!  I really wanted to see a close-up of that creature.  It looked like an awesome dragon when the Doctor was showing the hologram of it, and when it hatched, it looked like a seriously awesome butterfly space dragon.  Forget Clara, the Doctor should have THAT as his companion!  :P

As for the ending, when the new moon was laid, I kinda assumed that was gonna happen.  I mean, when Clara was saying that "No, the moon can't be gone, 'cause I've seen it in the future!", I was like, "Yeaaaahhh, that thingy in the egg is gonna hatch and lay a new egg before flying away."  Not that I didn't enjoy the ending.  I really did!  I just found it a tiny bit predictable.  Although I wasn't expecting Courtney to be the smart one by figuring out how to kill the spider bacteria things.  And I was amused when they were talking about Tumblr.  "My granny used to put things on Tumblr."  ;D
[close]
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

Spoiler
I liked the tumblr bit.

So, because it's egg was just called the moon, does that mean the creature is called a Moon? That must get confusing for astronomers and cosmic zoologists  :D
[close]

Rainshadow

Kill the Moon
  Lol, I can just see it now...

"Look, it's the Moon!"

*Not looking*  "Yes, very observant.  It's the moon.  What's the big deal?"

"No, no, I mean it's the Moon!  Right there!"

"You've seen the moon before.  Just a big rock."

"Sir, look right there!  *Points*  See?  The Moon!"

*Looks*  "HOLY bad stuff THAT'S NO MOON THAT'S A SPACE MONSTER!!!"  *Runs off, screaming*

*Sigh*
[close]