News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Quest for Romance Discussion/Sign Up

Started by Rainshadow, October 22, 2012, 08:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you help come up with a theme for the sequel?

Yes!!
13 (86.7%)
No.
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Tiria Wildlough

Just wondering, what do the characters who stay behind do?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

Well, actually, I was planning (hoping, really) to have all of the characters go along.  If they don't go along, I'm not really sure what they would do.  Eventually the RP characters will come back to Redwall, but that'll probably be much later on.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

True.  Um, anyone else got ideas?  I hadn't even thought about that problem.  You could possibly come along and get captured by the pirates.  That's one idea, I guess.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

redwallgurl

Well we could have some plague or vermin band attack Redwall but that would mean that we need alot more chracters.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

BrookSkimmer

Who is playing a character who can't come? The original idea (I think, Rainshadow correct me if I'm wrong) is to close the land and sea threads and make one thread once we converge at the shoreline.

The main thrust of this thread arc is supposed to be the high seas adventure... at least that's what I thought we had talked about...

Rainshadow

That's what I had thought it to be as well.  A high seas adventure.

BrookSkimmer

Well, if that's the case then everyone who is using a playable Redwall character will need to come along on the adventure  ;) There's lots of other Redwallers to hold down the fort while we are gone.

We should start directing the characters in the land thread into grouping up to leave Redwall at some point.

Flandor

Me and Something Horrifying are gonna join this if that's ok :)

Name: Miro

Species: Rat

Weapons: A rusted out old cutlass that is so dull it's useful only as a crude club.  Also has a small knife for cutting up food and other utility purposes.

Appearance: Neatness is not Miro's first priority.  His fur always appears a bit windswept and mussed up, and often sticks out at odd angles.  He has mottled brown fur of the color most common on rats.  He is missing no limbs, eyes, teeth, or ears, and is in good physical health, if a bit lean.  His eyes are bright and lively, and he generally wears a grin.

Growing up in a searat crew, Miro of course has kept some of the garb common to those creatures, including a flowing silk shirt in a sort of blueish color.  It's patched and worn, and has numerous stains he hasn't been able to wash out of it.  He wears a plain vest over his shirt, and a sash about his waist that carries his useless cutlass and a pouch of dice carved of wood.  Over a shoulder he has slung a haversack made roughly out of scrap canvas, which carries a deck of paper cards, his small stash of valuables, his usually meager rations, and a bit of flint and tinder.

Personality: Miro is first and foremost a jokester and gambler.  He adores games, and is always ready to play just about anything.  He is an extreme optimist, who rarely feels depressed about anything.  In his mind, things will always get better for him and he will come out a winner.  Danger rarely scares him, and he laughs his way through his life.  Often he takes this too far, and treats serious matters as nothing more than jokes.  He also has a bit of a greedy streak, and likes valuable things a bit more than is healthy.  He also has no qualms about cheating; he considers it part of any good game.  Sleight of paw is a great talent of his.  He enjoys drink and often overindulges when it's available to him.  His manner is generally personable and friendly, if a bit boisterous and eccentric.

"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

phoenixfoden

Rainshadow

Accepted!  And I'm guessing you'd want to start on the "Sea" thread?

Something Horrifying

Name: Damyan

Species: Rat

Weapons: A knife he still carries, just in case, or pretty much anything he could grab from the shed.

Appearance: Damyan is still a fairly young rat, though something in his eyes makes him look sort of tired, and his often flat, serious expression somehow implies more experience and maturity than his otherwise youthful appearance. He is fit and strongly built, and surprisingly handsome for a rat, with slightly brownish gray fur and a nice smile (when he shows it).

Dressed rather plainly, usually in grays and browns, with worn-looking work boots, Damyan probably wouldn't stand out much if it weren't for the unfortunately obvious remaining signs that he used to be a searat. While far from proud of his old life, he doesn't make any real effort to conceal it, leaving a few of the small piercings in his ears, and nearly always keeping his sleeves rolled up despite the tattoos covering his arms. He doesn't appear terribly threatening, though, usually--if anything, he has an air about him of something slightly sad.

Personality (/a bit of vague history, since it's kind of important to understanding him): As a searat, Damyan always seemed like a bit of a contradiction. It was never something he intended to become, it was just an opportunity that presented itself, and he had no real objection at the time. He's never been very bloodthirsty, or even terribly greedy, and didn't know much about ships, but he was strong, kind of clever, and did what he was told, so he did alright and even found a bit of favor with his captain.

Things changed however when Damyan started speaking to a particular captive, a rat named Luka. Luka told him about the place he'd been traveling to, Redwall Abbey, and the two slowly got to know each other, and fell in love. Eventually Damyan decided to help Luka escape, but Luka refused to leave the other captives and slaves behind. So determined to leave and travel with Luka was Damyan that he ended up agreeing to help them all get away, but Luka was killed during the escape. In an attempt to somehow partially achieve Luka's dream of reaching Redwall, Damyan has since found the abbey, but hasn't been able to bring himself to approach it--so instead he's ended up living alone in a small house not too far away.

In the couple of years since, Damyan has struggled with depression and loneliness, still having a hard time coping with Luka's death, but surprisingly has been able to find at least some happiness. Though he often seems sort of quiet or serious, he actually has the ability to be quite charming when he loosens up a bit. He has an almost childlike quality that surfaces sometimes in his desire to just do whatever he wants, and have fun. He enjoys making challenges for himself to pass the time, to make games out of things and feel like he's accomplishing something.

SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Rainshadow

Something Horrifying

Hooray! Now I need to catch up with reading the RP, so I can actually join~ XD
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Flandor

Alright, posted in the Land thread, Miro is in the wood near Redwall.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer