News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Desert Survival

Started by W0NWILL, December 17, 2012, 12:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romsca

"Because you don't have anything else to eat, do you?" Raj answered. He was ready to fight.

Rainshadow

Dusk pulled out his bone dagger.  "I may be skinny, but I'm not starved!  I know where to get food!"  He then froze.  He had just announced to these creatures that he could get food.  The desert couldn't afford to feed more than a few beasts, let alone all of these creatures!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwaller

I know where I can get my food."

Romsca

Raj grabbed Dusk. He hadn't eaten all day since some of the fox's food, and he was hungry and desperate. "Where?" he asked. He didn't ask the snake because he knew the snake would eat a totally different kind of food anyway.

Rainshadow

"I, er," stammered Dusk, "it's a long way off.  Uh, most likely several days of walking to get there.  You wouldn't make it."
  He hated lying, but he didn't want anyone to steal his food supply.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

Providence could understand Dusks' problem, and decided it was time to leave, "Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I really don't want to be eaten by the lizards about to crest these dunes."

OOC: Lizards... actually Reptiles in general are very pungent, and are easy to smell.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Kitsune

"I knew you set us up, snake!!" Detheurim yelled, panic growing in him. "Also, I know what night creatures are good to eat and I am not starved!" groooouwllll "...I just haven't had dinner yet." He looked nervously at the dune Providence indicated. "I might not be too hungry a few moments from now."

Redwaller

"I didn't set you up, those are the reason I want to help you. These nasty lizards keep destroying food supplies, habitats, and sometimes even snakes."

Swiftstream

On one of his many wanders through the desert he called home, Laela rounded a dune to the sight of a mixed group of beasts. Droping down he crawlled back round an then up the opposite side of the dune. Many seasons had taught him caution, he lay on top and watched the group a while, some were clearly not local. Catching the scent of the lizards on the air, his urge to help moved him to show himself he walked down the other side of the dune and approached the band, keeping an eye on both the snake.

OOC: Introducing Laela the vole, desert native. 

Kitsune

OCC: a coridial welcome to this pretty crazy forum, Swiftstream! Totally my fault if you have, but you need to sign you character up and ask for acceptance from the game master in the OOC discusion for this rpg. You click home, then roleplaying and without scrolling down, you click OOC Discusions. Look for Desert Survival, post your character sheet(look at earlier posts for a guide) and ask WONWILL if you can play! It's okay, I made a worse mistake when I first joined! ;D

Romsca

OOC: Swiftstream was accepted already

BIC: Raj saw the lizards coming. He drew his scimitar and ran towards them.

OOC: Do we need to make a separate thread for the battle?

Kitsune

OOC: whoops. ;D

BIC: Dethurim unslung his sling, hoping to pick off a few lizards before they came to the top of the dune. He ran after Raj.

Dannflower Reguba

Providence jumped up, "Ey! What do you bloomin' roughers think you're a doin'!? Those things won't be stopped by nothin' short o an army!"
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Swiftstream

OOC: No worrys Plugg, i get that you were only trying to help. No harm done.
Oh Danflor, i was thinking Providance and Laela might have crossed paths once or twice, maybe?

BIC:
The sight of the lizards cresting the dune in front of them forced Laela into a run to close the gap between him and the party. About the time two of them decided to charge forward and start attacking the lizards.

He reached the male squirrel just as he shouted after the pair with rueful smile he remarked. "Travelers I assume, why do these beasts take such risks I'll never know?"  A glance at squirrel and a shake of his head, his nerves about confrounting the lizards were begining to surface. He planting his staff firmly in the ground, he pulled the sling from his belt and began loading it. These beast maybe foolish but Laela couldn't stand there and not offer aid, which right now involved sending a few rocks in the direction of the lizards now pouring over the dune.

Tiria Wildlough

Seeing the lizards come over the dune, Shona got out her bow and prepared to shoot.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.