A Steampunk Redwall RP!

Started by BrookSkimmer, January 08, 2013, 08:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of this idea?

Wow, I'm joining!
Needs some work but I'd join
Not interested

KitrallStreamrippler

Those sound like really cool names to me! (This isn't my RP so I can't decide whether to use them or not, but I think they're fun.) Off topic, I actually am left-handed. :)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Rusvul

This is my Cap'n Rusvul's Revolving Wheel-Lock Triple-Shot Miniature Rifle Gunblade.
EDIT: Yes! It worked! My first picture post! :D. Not the best pic ever, but at least now I know how to do it.

KitrallStreamrippler

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Rusvul

Thank you! I'm hoping I'll be able to remake it with wood, copper or brass (Rather than brass-colored aluminum), and just make it more refined. I already have a good stock. :P

Jetthebinturong

Could I play a pirate captain?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

I'm not sure that we're deciding roles yet, I was hoping to be a pirate captain (Presumably, we'd only have one, unless both ships are pirates) or, the crazy quartermaster/inventor/possibly navigator, (That'd be funny, since I have no sense of direction at all) who invents things such as revolving rifles, Gunblades, and Draco-tethers.

Rusvul

I'm going to revive this, because it's on the SECOND PAGE!!! Anyway, on the idea of names for the city, in the steampunk redwall fanfic I'm writing, there is a town called Wrendnaught, currently only described in this segment.
QuoteA day later, he docked the Endeavor, and, completely exhausted, climbed to shore. Leneat followed him, and walked up to the nearest creature. "Where are we?" she asked a black squirrel clad in a plain but servicable tunic and heavily tinted goggles. "And do you know of an inn where we can rest?" The squirrel answered her. "Name's Ferron Oilspat. This be city o' Wrendnaught. If ye be lookin' t' rest yer lamps t' night, the Copper Ladle Inn's the safest place in town. And a word o' advice- avoid the Faintglims at all cost. If'n they catch ye, ye'll wish ye'd crashed that tub on t' way here. I'll be biddin' ye good-day."
It's an industrial town filled with factories, warehouses, dangerous exposed machinery, and street gangs. We could use it, or something similar, or something completely different.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on May 10, 2013, 01:23:02 PM
I'm going to revive this, because it's on the SECOND PAGE!!! Anyway, on the idea of names for the city, in the steampunk redwall fanfic I'm writing, there is a town called Wrendnaught, currently only described in this segment.
QuoteA day later, he docked the Endeavor, and, completely exhausted, climbed to shore. Leneat followed him, and walked up to the nearest creature. "Where are we?" she asked a black squirrel clad in a plain but servicable tunic and heavily tinted goggles. "And do you know of an inn where we can rest?" The squirrel answered her. "Name's Ferron Oilspat. This be city o' Wrendnaught. If ye be lookin' t' rest yer lamps t' night, the Copper Ladle Inn's the safest place in town. And a word o' advice- avoid the Faintglims at all cost. If'n they catch ye, ye'll wish ye'd crashed that tub on t' way here. I'll be biddin' ye good-day."
It's an industrial town filled with factories, warehouses, dangerous exposed machinery, and street gangs. We could use it, or something similar, or something completely different.
Sweet I like it!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

KitrallStreamrippler

Rusvul

Once we have a few more plotty points established, we could have a few related duels with the same characters. Like, where nobody dies. Just to make the characters have a few feuds and friendships. Just a thought, something Redwall steampunky to do while we plan the actual big RP, and while we wait for it to start.

Dinte

This seems fun i want to join as the head mechanic who is a hare ill make my character later when everyone else is.
you find this offensive, i find it funny, that is why i am happier than you

Rusvul

Oh, Hey, how much do we want to stick directly to Redwall? Like, do we want to only have redwall animals, only redwall dialects, so on and so forth, or are things such as racoons with knives and very soft but terrifying accents ok?

KitrallStreamrippler

As far as I know/am concerned, it should be fine to have "things suh as raccoons with knives and soft but terrifying accents". This isn't my RP though, so I'm not in charge of- well, anything, really. :) (Hm. Hey, Rusvul, are you kind of "adopting" this RP because BrookSkimmer is busy or something? Not that I have any issues with that; I'm just wondering.)

Rusvul

Erm... Not intentionally... I seem to have a ton of ideas, though, just want to throw them out there. XP.

KitrallStreamrippler

Sorry if I, uh, whatevered, or something... Your ideas are great- I just need to learn to shut my mouth when I should. (You have no idea how many awkward situations I've caused...) Um, yeah. Ideas are good, and it does seem like BrookSkimmer's been busy.