News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Crossed Swords Plotting: Swords of Freedom

Started by BrookSkimmer, February 27, 2013, 11:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Yes, yes, but the pirates can die.  ;D  Lol!  Yeah, how is that going to work?  I mean, are we just going to defeat them and send them on their way?  Or are we going to be the losing side?  Ooh, that'd be kinda dark for an ending.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Rainshadow on March 19, 2013, 06:00:05 PM
  Yes, yes, but the pirates can die.  ;D  Lol!  Yeah, how is that going to work?  I mean, are we just going to defeat them and send them on their way?  Or are we going to be the losing side?  Ooh, that'd be kinda dark for an ending.

That wouldn't work, Lukes caves lasted after Timballisto died. They HAVE to be turned aside.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Icefire

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 19, 2013, 06:38:34 PM
 Yes, yes, but the pirates can die.  ;D  Lol!  Yeah, how is that going to work?  I mean, are we just going to defeat them and send them on their way?  Or are we going to be the losing side?  Ooh, that'd be kinda dark for an ending.

That wouldn't work, Lukes caves lasted after Timballisto died. They HAVE to be turned aside.

Actually, if you read Mossflower and Legend of Luke, you will find out that they did in fact lose at some point. You may remember that when Luke sailed back, he saw all the defenses he had built around the caves had been torn down and no one was there. Also, Martin later found Timballisto on a slave ship. Timballisto died at Redwall (or rather, in the partially built Redwall).

(Ok, then, Liv can be in tears and Xbalantie can slap her and tell her to get a grip! ;D)
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Icefire on March 19, 2013, 07:05:06 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on March 19, 2013, 06:38:34 PM
 Yes, yes, but the pirates can die.  ;D  Lol!  Yeah, how is that going to work?  I mean, are we just going to defeat them and send them on their way?  Or are we going to be the losing side?  Ooh, that'd be kinda dark for an ending.

Actually, if you read Mossflower and Legend of Luke, you will find out that they did in fact lose at some point. You may remember that when Luke sailed back, he saw all the defenses he had built around the caves had been torn down and no one was there. Also, Martin later found Timballisto on a slave ship. Timballisto died at Redwall (or rather, in the partially built Redwall).

(Ok, then, Liv can be in tears and Xbalantie can slap her and tell her to get a grip! ;D)

Hee hee hee.  ;D

@Ceteruler: FYI, I'm a gal (in the RP NOT in real life!)

And you said "stated giving a speech." It's "Started giving a speech."  ;)

Also, "So he did none." is a sentence fragment, I'd advise clearing it up.  ;)

Check that, what am I saying? There's a subject and verb!

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

BrookSkimmer

As for who will be on the "winning" and "loosing" sides... that will be decided later during the tournament... ;)

Ceteruler

BrookSkimmer

Danflorreguba: I've pretty much autoed Xbalantie following Tim back to the cliffs. Let me know if this is not ok and I'll change it.  ;)

Ceteruler

*checked* Dan, I think you misread my post. I didn't even make an attempt at describing Xbalantie's gender.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on March 19, 2013, 10:09:08 PM
Danflorreguba: I've pretty much autoed Xbalantie following Tim back to the cliffs. Let me know if this is not ok and I'll change it.  ;)

I kind of DID want to be included in the posting, three posts for over a week with this being the only RP that I'm in that's actually up and running.

But what's done is done, it's no longer essential for me to post, so you might as well just leave it.

Quote from: Ceteruler on March 19, 2013, 10:12:44 PM
*checked* Dan, I think you misread my post. I didn't even make an attempt at describing Xbalantie's gender.

Checking....

QuoteBefore long Xbalantie walked in, dripping wet as he had. The squirrel walked towards Timballisto and whispered in his ear. This can only mean something bad is going on outside. If it was good he wouldn't have whispered Slowly he stood

I was the one whispering.  ;) Third para.

2nd para, you said "stated" instead of "started."

WarriorOfMossflower

Wow, we could make a really dark ending if we tried, what with the whole 'the caves actually were lost at some point' thing.  :-\

Dann, I can understand that you don't want any Sword to die, but I don't really like the idea of the Swords coming out unscathed with all the pirates slain or whatever. There has to be at least one tragedy for the goodbeasts, IMO. I'm volunteering for that position.

In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Dannflor

Sorry for my last post Brook I did not have much time my next post hopefully will be largere
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Icefire

Quote from: WarriorOfMossflower on March 19, 2013, 11:15:27 PM
Wow, we could make a really dark ending if we tried, what with the whole 'the caves actually were lost at some point' thing.  :-\

Dann, I can understand that you don't want any Sword to die, but I don't really like the idea of the Swords coming out unscathed with all the pirates slain or whatever. There has to be at least one tragedy for the goodbeasts, IMO. I'm volunteering for that position.

I agree. I don't want my fellow Swords to die, but seriously a good tragedy can make a story that much better......note the emphasis on good. I don't like needless deaths.  :P

BTW, I'm going to assume I need to wait until Marcus alerts Liv. However, if Sora and Nevfae spot what's going on and head out anyways, Liv will join in, too.

Not even kidding, I literally just got chills. I decided to read over the whole tournament again and was really excited by the end.

Dannflower Reguba

Wow, we could make a really dark ending if we tried, what with the whole 'the caves actually were lost at some point' thing.  :-\

I wasn't suggesting us being immortal.  ;) I doubt that the BloodSpine crew is going to want to die either.

I just really hate it when someone goes and dies at random.

EDIT: I'm REALLY going to miss the whole "Don't believe Xbalantie," idea, I was enjoying it.

Icefire

Yeah, I really wanted to see how that played out, too. Oh, well! This makes more sense anyways.

WarriorOfMossflower

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 20, 2013, 12:36:06 AM
Wow, we could make a really dark ending if we tried, what with the whole 'the caves actually were lost at some point' thing.  :-\

I wasn't suggesting us being immortal.  ;) I doubt that the BloodSpine crew is going to want to die either.

I just really hate it when someone goes and dies at random.

EDIT: I'm REALLY going to miss the whole "Don't believe Xbalantie," idea, I was enjoying it.

Believe me, it won't be random. I plan my deaths very meticulously... *insert evil laugh here*
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.