News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Siege of Gondor: RP

Started by Troy Troodon, April 27, 2013, 12:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowed One

Dirhaborn helped carry Faramir to his father, the steward. The guards laid Faramir down, and walked off to their posts.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Troy Troodon

Now all the fields of Pelennor had been surrendered to the enemy; The rammas echor have been broken and now outer wall of first level is now surrounded, enclosed in a ring of foes. "There is no news of the rohirrim" one said; "And the new hosts we had tidings of came too great, just by way of Cair Adros! They are Strong, battatlions of black rats joined by some new race of Hare like we had never seen before. Not all but broad and grim, and with fur like sand, wielding great axes of gold and bronze, out from some savage lands to the east no doubt...The Rohirrim cannot come, for it would not avail us!" and The gate was shut.
So what if I'm crazy? Atleast I admit my insanity.

Shadowed One

The soldiers rushed to the walls to stop the vermin. They knew that it was hopeless, but they were determined to go down fighting.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

Troy Troodon

The plain was dark with their marching company; and all around the city there they sprouted like a foul fungus growth, great camps of tents, black or somber red.
Busy as ants hurrying rats were digging deep lines of trenches in a huge ring against the walls, and as each trench was complete they were fed with fire; thou how they were kindled with art or machinery non could tell. And as each trench was complete great wains were approaching, and soon more and more company of the enemy were moving, each behind the cover of a trench with great siege engines of the casting of missiles.

At first, soldiers laughed at such devices; for the wall of the first level alone was of such great height and marvelous thickness in contrast to typical creature forts. "Is there any news of the Rohirrim yet?" some ask the messenger "Neh! But should the nameless one himself come...not even he could enter while he had lived." "While he had had; For how long?" They ask; "The enemy has a weapon on them that had effected all since the world began, Hunger! Look, the roads are cut! Rohan cannot come now!"

Shadowed One

But it was not true, for in the north, Rohan was hurrying to Gondor's aid.

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: Wow, I need to go back and re-read this battle, because I am so lost. :P
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Troy Troodon

OOC: Okay, but be sure to post soon.

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: Of course! I wouldn't miss this RP for anything. :) ('Course, not having my own copy of the book makes things a bit difficult... Good thing I'm going to the library soon.)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Troy Troodon

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on May 10, 2013, 05:58:16 AM
OOC: Of course! I wouldn't miss this RP for anything. :) ('Course, not having my own copy of the book makes things a bit difficult... Good thing I'm going to the library soon.)

OOC: Or listen to the audiobook on youtube. Look up siege of gondor.

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: Ooh. Good idea. Thanks!

Troy Troodon

As soon as the catapults were set up, the enemy would then bring full shot and dart along the fort; But this was no vermin brigand or rat chieftain that ordered the assault, the power and mind of malice guided it. Soon the enemy's machines were hurling missiles marvelously high, and they fell with a great thud, some of them even burst into flames halfway from crashing down. Of course there was retaliation, for great trebuchets of every level of the city was put into place and return fire...there was now a crossfire between defender and enemy lines; and it was at that point that a second hail fell over the walls, less destructive -- but more terrible.

Shadowed One

The heads of the sortee in Osgiliath came crashing into the city. The horrible missiles spread fear through the defenders as they recognized old friends heads.

Troy Troodon

All the troops along the walls shout out at the foes before them; But curses they headed not, nore understood the tongues of western folk, simply yelling out with the roaring, howling, shrieking, and screeching of wild beasts and carrion birds.

Redwaller

Eldenura had been off-duty when the battle had begun, and now she bounded up the stairs to take her position amongst her allies. As she neared the wall, something hit her on the head, momentarily stunning her. She got up and looked down at the gruesome missile that had once been a living creature. Shuddering inwardly, she turned to the battlements and whipped out an arrow from her quiver, shooting an orc coming up a ladder. The deathly missiles followed each other in quick succession, felling her enemies at each shot.

Troy Troodon

Then the Nazgul came swooping down; vultures circling over the city spreading dread and dispair where ever they came! And as teams of great grizzly bears hauled siege towers built at osgiliath, the winged shadows came hither and fither still, archers aimed for the towers with fire in vain of burning them, but some aimed for the bears that shoved them forwad thou some have reached the walls to no avail.

Hours pass by until the sky darkens further into the night.

Ever since the middle night the great assault went on, the drums rolled, horns and trumpets rang, and soldiers fall. To the north and to the south company upon company of the enemy pressed to the walls.