News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Siege of Gondor: RP

Started by Troy Troodon, April 27, 2013, 12:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowed One

Dirhaborn stood on top of the wall, shooting arrows at the enemies far below. But for every one he killed, ten more took its place.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Troy Troodon

Soon there came great beasts like moving houses from the red and pitiful light, The Elephants of The Harad, dragging thru the lanes amid the fires huge towers and engines!

But their captain did not care greatly for who or how many came, or what they did...or how many may be slain; their main purpose was but to test the strength of the defense and keep the guards of the wall busy from many places. For it was against the gate they would throw their heaviest weight! Very strong it was wrought of steel and iron, and guided with towers and bastions of abdominal stone, yet it was they key, the weakest point behind all that high and impenetrable wall.

The drums rolled louder, fires lept up, fires lept up, great engines crawlled across the field; and in the midst was a huge ram, great as a forest tree swinging on mighty chains, long had it been forging in the dark smithies of mordor; and it's hideous head, founded of black steel, was shaped in the likeness of a ravening wolf. And on it spells of ruin lay.
So what if I'm crazy? Atleast I admit my insanity.

Shadowed One

On their backs were evil monkeys from the South, wielding scimitars and bows. The elephants walked towards the walls. Suddenly, they stopped, and a chant began. "Grond! Grond!" yelled the vermin host. Forth out of the mass came a huge battering ram, shaped like a wolf, and in its mouth was a fire lit. It was swung by wolverines, and it hit the gate.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

Troy Troodon

Grond they named it, in memory of the hammer of the underworld of old; Great Beasts drew it, rats surrounded it, and behind walked wolverines to wield it.

OOC: The "Great Beasts" can be what ever you think they are. Also it was gonna be bears but okay we'll use wolverines.

Shadowed One

OOC: Oh, ok. I didn't know about the bears. Sorry!

Troy Troodon

OOC: apology accepted. And the "Great Beasts" Can be whatever you think they are.

BIC:
But at the gate resistance still was stout, and there the Hounds of Dol Amroth and the hardiest of the garrison stood at bay. Shot and dart fell thick, siege towers crashed or blazed suddenly like torches, and all along the walls against either side of the gate the ground was choked with wreck and bodies of the slain; yet still driven in madness as more and more came up.

Grond crawled on.

Upon it's housing no fires would catch; and thou now and again some great beast that hauled it would go mad and spread stamping ruin among the rats innumerable that guarded it, their bodies were cast aside from their path and others took their place.

Grond crawled on.

The drums rolled wildly. Over the hills of slain a hideous shape appeared: a horseman, tall, hooded, and cloaked in black. Slowly trampling the fallen beneath heeding no dart. At the the entrance of the gate he halted and held up a long pale sword; and as he did so a great fear fall on all, defender and foe alike; and no bow sang. For a moment all was still.

Shadowed One

Grond was swung into the gate as the rider pointed his sword. The gate shook. Grond hit again. The gate wavered. The third time, Grond broke through the gates, and then hundreds of vermin poured in. The beleaguered defenders fought bravely, but they were no match for the huge army that rushed upon them. Then, just as the day seemed lost, horns were blown from the north. Rohan had arrived.

KitrallStreamrippler

Kurah squeezed through the broken gates, throwing himself on the nearest defender. He laughed as his blade tore through their chest and laid them, lifeless, at his paws. Feeling almost giddy with power- the power to slay- Kurah continued on his evil way, laying low any in his path- until the horns sounded. Rohan was here! Kurah paused at the sound, then smiled and licked the edge of his blood-stained blade eagerly. Good. More of those puny goodbeasts meant that more of their blood would be spilt. "It is an unlucky day for the Riders, I think," Kurah murmured to himself, his smile widening as he headed back toward the gates. He wanted Theoden's head!

OOC: I made a really stupid mistake in this post and didn't catch it until later, but it is now fixed. Sorry...
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Shadowed One

The Rohirrim sped from the north towards the huge army assembled in front of Minas Tirith. With horns blowing and banners waving, they charged the ranks of Mordor.

Troy Troodon

Rat archers and weasel pikers up front confront the charge, shooting arrows at the stags and horses of rohan, but to no avail. The cavalry then barge thru the ranks of the enemy unit, charging, shouting out, and singing to victory.

And soon victory was slipping from the enemy's grasp; even as he stretched out his hand to cease it, but he was still in command, wielding great powers. Sorcerer, Ringwraith, Lord of The Nazgul, he had many weapons.

He then rode out from the gate.
As the charge presses forward, the rohirrim trample their way thru the vermin invasion, barging their way the siege machines, hewing foes, and throwing the slain into the fires. Camps were crashed were blazing and the vermin fled like herds before ranglers. South of the camps was the main force of the haradrim monkeys, and all their horsemen was gathered about the standerd of their chieftain. He saw the rohirrim with King Theodin himself up front, then he was filled with a red wrath and shouted aloud, displaying his standerd, Black Serpent in Scarlet, he came against the white horse with his mounted primates and the drawing of scimitars was like a glitter of stars.

With no haste, Theoden and his army charged straight for them and the two forces collide.

KitrallStreamrippler

Kurah was unconcerned by the rising numbers of slain vermin- weak fools, all of them. He focused on his desire to find and kill Theoden. How mighty he would be then!
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Shadowed One

Dirhaborn saw the Rohirrim charging the enemy, and cheered. But the enemies already inside the city were slowly but surely taking it.

Troy Troodon

Great was the clash of the cavalry from both sides, but the glory of the rohirrim only burned the hotter. Fewer were they but they cloved their way thru the ranks of the southrons like a fireboat.
King Theoden himself, mounted on his steed and companion Snowmane rode forth and thrusted his spear at their cheiftain; then out swept his sword and he spurred to the standerd, thus hewed staff and barrer and the black serpent foundered.

AnnaofRedwall

A young, golden-furred squirrelmaid was thrown from her mount when it was slain by a rat. she lay, dazed, when an evil face peered down at her. "She's dead." the rat growled, kicking her savagely. Aliana leaped up, her paw clasping the sword at her side. "'tiiiiis Death!!" she yelled, whirling the bright blade over her head and cleaving the rat's head in two. He was dead before he hit the ground. She spat on both paw and rubbed them together, gripping the hilt of her sword tighter. Aliana gazed down at the rat. "That was for my father." she growled.
I hate it when a package says 'easy open' and you need a scissors, a knife, a crowbar, a gun, and a light-saber to open it.

Troy Troodon

Soon all that was left un-slain of the Monkeys and their cavalry fled with the rest of the ran off host. But Lo, a new terror was struck down on the field, darkness spread again in the sky and with the shadowing over the sun where Theoden stood his golden shield was dimmed; then suddenly his steed Snowmane reared wildly then fell backwards on his rider. The king lay motionless.
Then from the skies was revealed a large black bird, and if bird it was then greater than all other birds; it's long swanky neck stretched out and from it's presence was a fowl stench of dead flesh. And on it was the black captain, the nazgul had come again bringing ruin; turning hope into dispair and victory to darkness.