News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

becoming a redwall nerd.....

Started by phoenixfoden, June 03, 2013, 12:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phoenixfoden

Redwallfan7

I own every Redwall book, (except for Eulalia) in FireBird paperback and Ace Fantasy paperback. All of mine were found in the second hand store since they're so rare and hard to find in regular stores. At least, in my area. I received  the Rogue Crew in Christmas 2012 from my mom, who was aware that I've been wanting that title.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Shadowed One

Seriously? I know an actual hold-in-your-hand book is much better, but Kindles have their uses!
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Buzz_Bumble

Yep, Kindles make great kindling.  ;)
iPads are much more useful since they can read ebooks and do lots of other things too, but personally I prefer proper, paper-based books and magazines.

(Note: That's a joke - do NOT use your Kindle to start a fire!)

phoenixfoden

If you burn the kindle you get toxic fumes...

Buzz_Bumble

That's one of many reasons not to do it ... if you're a youngster then you're parents probably won't let you out of the Naughty Corner until you about 40 years old.  :)

rachel25

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 28, 2013, 11:04:01 PM
but personally I prefer proper, paper-based books and magazines.
Finally something we agree on  ;D

Tam and Martin

Quote from: rachel25 on July 02, 2013, 04:10:53 PM
Lol!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye, me taae!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

phoenixfoden

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 02, 2013, 05:25:08 PM

Aye, me taae!
its not the same experiance on a screen

Buzz_Bumble

Scientists are working on display technology that looks and feels like paper ... seems a bit pointless (and probably expensive) making a "book" using display pages when you can just print a normal book.  ::)

Redwaller

Here's my boring copy of Redwall:

MeadowR

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on July 03, 2013, 03:13:46 AM
Scientists are working on display technology that looks and feels like paper ... seems a bit pointless (and probably expensive) making a "book" using display pages when you can just print a normal book.  ::)

LOL. Dumb, innit?

Anyway - I have no special copies of the books myself. Someone mentioned earlier about publishers keep changing how the books look over the years. SO annoying! I'm quite a perfectionist with things like that and so it bothers me when they aren't all the same. Not to mention it messes around with the ordering of my book shelves. My copies are mostly the small and nicely designed UK Red Fox versions. Then I've got the same size yet differently styled Triss. And then the newer books get larger and different looking then on. Then I also have an even smaller than the old UK edition US edition of The Sable Quean (though I did tell my bf to get me UK editions only... though in fairness, I prefer the smaller writing of that US book), which messes my collection up further!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on July 03, 2013, 05:15:30 PM
Quote from: Redwaller on July 03, 2013, 01:10:56 PM
Here's my boring copy of Redwall:

I like your copy.  :)
Each vone iz zpecial in it'z ovn vay. Ah've currently got tvo verzionz o' Marlfox. Vone vith a picture o' Brian Jacques on ze back, an' ze zecond vith a picture o' Danflover an' company on ze back vith part o' ze riddle from ze book. Ah juzt loved it vhen me zchool library put aw o' ze Redwall bookz in ze free bookz zpot. It vaz only aboot four, but 'ey, it vaz vorz it!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.