News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Race to Ascension (two teams, one goal)

Started by Dannflower Reguba, August 09, 2013, 06:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye, tiz bazically like:

1. The GM starts it with everyone standing in the middle of the street.
2. Each character starts walking down the street in their own way.
3. The GM puts in that a car is suddenly coming, and then presents a few options such as:
-A Run out of the way!
-B Stand still and hope that it moves to avoid you.
-C Jump up hoping that you will gain enough altitude that the car can pass underneath you and miss you.
-D Pull out your war hammer and slam it down on the car's hood!
4. Each character then selects a choice and the plot moves along.
P1 chose to stand still, and was run over.
P2 ran out of the way and the car missed them.
P3 also ran out of the way and was missed by the car as well.
P4 pulled out their war hammer and slammed it down on the car's hood, smashing the car into bits.

End result: P1 has died. P2 P3 and P4 survived, and shall move on to the next round.

Like our GM zaid, tiz pretty zimple, except everyvone iz in ze zame zituation, zae P1 vid probably 'ave been zaved by P4'z actionz.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Faiyloe

Ok but that still doesn't explain the need for two teams?
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

It probably providez zome competition, or requirez teamvork or zummat. Ach, me character vill nae be taae 'appy viz zat mezinkz!

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Romsca on August 11, 2013, 07:02:26 PM
How long will this take? I'm not sure I want to get into another whole RP tournament. I won't have the time!

I'm not going to take half a year to finish.  :D Assuming that everyone is active, I don't plan on having this be too long, players lose interest and quit when you take forever.

Quote from: Faiyloe on August 11, 2013, 07:23:35 PM
Ok but that still doesn't explain the need for two teams?

Some of the tasks are not accomplish-able without the help of others, and like HiAG said, it adds another level of competition, can potentially make the RP more engaging so it's easier to finish it.  :)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

got it thanks! Sounds good but how do you win?

Dannflower Reguba

The goal is to Transcend, your first task is going to be to reach the Hall of Aeternitas (Latin for Eternity). In essence, you win by Transcending. How you do it is yet to be found in the RP.  ;) I will tell you this, I do expect some quality posting, now I'm not going to have you rank posts, and I'm not going to cut you out for having a post that isn't tourny level, but I do ask that you make a point to have some DECENT posts, an RP that turns into two sentences becomes about as boring as watching paint dry.

In short, if you're just plunking along just because, you will not be qualified for Transcendence, and therefore cannot win.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

Got it thanks! I'll add my character later.

Dannflower Reguba

You're quite welcome  :)

BTW: I put the first known fact about my character on the first post (at the end) any more info that is gained on him/her will be updated to the first post.

Rainshadow

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 11, 2013, 07:41:34 PM
I will tell you this, I do expect some quality posting, now I'm not going to have you rank posts, and I'm not going to cut you out for having a post that isn't tourny level, but I do ask that you make a point to have some DECENT posts, an RP that turns into two sentences becomes about as boring as watching paint dry.

In short, if you're just plunking along just because, you will not be qualified for Transcendence, and therefore cannot win.

Yay!  Sorry, I just enjoy RPs with longer posts.  It makes it MUCH more interesting.  ;)

Cassius Brook
Name:  Cassius "Cas" Brook

Species:  Silver fox

Appearance:  Even though Cas is a fully grown silver fox, his fur colour remained the same as it was when he was a pup: white, with a dark grey face and light grey tail.  Lengthwise, his fur is rather long and shaggy, due to the fact that his appearance didn't mature correctly.  His eyes also remained a light blue, making him appear much younger than he actually is.  Of course, you can barely see his eyes, because he squints all the time.  As for his size, the fox is short and scrawny, making him look quite young for his age.
 Clothing-wise, Cas wears a dark grey tunic, which is slightly tattered on the edges.  His cloak is a darker grey, but not quite black.  It too is slightly tattered at the edges.  Around the todd's waist is a black cord that he uses as a belt.

Personality:  Cas is rather cowardly and tends to hide when in large crowds of strangers, but if he's with a gang, he's more courageous.  He's smart and sly, like many other foxes, but he's not totally evil.  He doesn't claim to have any friends, but once he gets to know somebeast, he's got their back.  Of course, he's never really gotten close enough to another creature to get to know them.

Backstory:  Cassius, or Cas, as he calls himself, is a quiet and cowardly fox, the runt of the litter.  He didn't mature normally like his siblings, and was often left out of all the games they would play.  He preferred to stay inside the small hut they lived in, reading the large selection of books his mother had collected.  This made him quite the brainy little fox, which caused him to get beat up by his older brothers and sisters more often.
 As soon as Cas turned 15, he was kicked out of his home.  He was the odd one out, after all; the weakest link.  He couldn't help take care of his family, so he was forced to go make a living by thieving from other creatures in a village not too far away.  He would often get arrested, but he and the jailer, a fat old stoat, had an agreement.  In exchange for Cas' freedom, he would give the old hob food.  The more he stole, the more often he got caught, which meant more food for the jailer.  It was an irritating cycle for the fox, but if it kept him alive, he could live with it.

Other:  While his brain and bodily functions matured normally, for some reason, Cas remains the same colour as he did when he was a young pup.  His fur didn't darken like other silver foxes, and neither did his eyes.  Because of this, the todd doesn't have the best vision, so he has a permanent squint.

Strengths:  The fox is smart and sly, and he can sneak pretty well, which makes him a good thief.  Also, he can climb excellently, his skills almost matching the skills of a squirrel.  Almost.

Weaknesses:  Cas is very weak strength-wise, and he's terrible at swimming.  He doesn't see well, and has been meaning to steal somebeast's spectacles, but he hasn't had the chance yet.  His poor vision means that he has terrible aim, meaning he can't sling a stone or shoot an arrow to save his life.

Weapons/Armour Acquired:  Cassius now wears a bark chestplate that's bound rather loosly, and he has large brown boots on his feet.  He also is carrying a short sword and a dagger, that he carries in his belt.

Silver fox pup
[close]

My drawing of him
[close]
[close]

Is that alright for a character?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Rainshadow

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 12, 2013, 01:19:58 AM
Av! Ah love zat picture!

Thanks!  I know, when I saw it, I immediately thought, "THAT'S what Cass is gonna look like!"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Faiyloe

here is my character

Name: Thanora
Species: Otter
Appearance: Tall and thin with dark brown fur, bright smiling eyes, a dark purple tunic (sunset purple) and a belt.
Personality: friendly, good with other beasts, a natural leader but understands her place, outgoing, fierce in combat, trustworthy, good mannered.         
Backstory: grew up in a good family with good upbringing. Her family died in a vermin raid only two seasons ago (years) including her baby sister who she misses the most. after the raid she left home and traveled around till she came here to join the quest.     
Other: she is prone to periods of silence and morning. Prefers nonviolence but will fight when necessary. 
Strengths: Very Mature and experienced for her age. Willing to learn. Has good Insight.   
Weaknesses: During her periods of mourning she can become very agitated with others to hide her pain and it can cloud her judgment. Not very physically strong.
Weapons and armor: Knife, Sling and pouch, Wooden triangle shield, bark gauntlets (tight-bound), bronze tipped spear.

Dannflower Reguba

Hi guys! Been really busy today, sorry about that.

I also apologize more specifically to HiAG, I TOTALLY forgot to tell you that your character is accepted. (smacks face) and thanks about the themes.  ;)

Rainshadow: Great character! Love to see somebeast who's weaknesses are out of the norm, Great balance, can't wait to see how he turns out for you.  ;)
ACCEPTED.

Faiyloe: Interesting character, I don't expect you to try to match up to people like Rainshadow, I think description pours out her ears or something, Iunno.  :D Well thought out, really like the sunset purple description, I can totally see what she looks like.  :) See ya in the RP.
ACCEPTED.

Faiyloe

Thanks  :D. I can be very descriptive when I want to but I like to leave room in my character descriptions for development during the game. 

Rainshadow

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 12, 2013, 05:09:12 AM
Rainshadow: Great character! Love to see somebeast who's weaknesses are out of the norm, Great balance, can't wait to see how he turns out for you.  ;)
ACCEPTED.

Thanks!

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 12, 2013, 05:09:12 AM
I don't expect you to try to match up to people like Rainshadow, I think description pours out her ears or something, Iunno.

I literally started cracking up when I read that.  :D  Yes, I make short novels out of my descriptions.  You shoulda seen the description for Elda Logi!  She had, oh, seven or eight paragraphs for her history alone!