News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Hello everybody, let me tell you about Homestuck....

Started by Jetthebinturong, September 27, 2013, 10:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Homestuck is a webcomic about four kids who play a game, the game is an interactive simulation game which affects the real world. The game seems innocent at first but everything is not as it seems, as Rose (One of the characters) puts it "...chances are you have downloaded this game already. If this is true, like many others, you have just participated in bringing about the end of the world" So this game brings about the end of the world but as well as this "while the game you installed is just another grinding slab of rock sealing our planet's crypt, it is also your only hope to live" the kids knowing this play the game and manage to escape Earth into a place called the medium, this is the land that the game is set in. The aim of the game is to travel through the seven gates above your unique planet and defeat the denizen, there is also another objective of the game however telling you it would spoil the story. On their way through the game they come into contact with twelve aliens called Trolls, together they hatch a plan to win the game..... 
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Redwaller

Could you post a link to it please? Sounds interesting!  :)

Jetthebinturong

Okay here it is http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6 I recommend it only if you are 13+ years old, as, at times, it can be very confusing and convoluted also swearing so yeah

Redwaller

Jetthebinturong

Jetthebinturong

BlueRose

Homestuck is awesome! I'm in Act 6, somewhere after Intermission 4.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Jetthebinturong

I'm at the end so far, just before the almighty gigapause. Who's your favourite post-scratch troll, pre-scratch troll, beta kid and alpha kid? Mine are Karkat, Meenah, Dave and Dirk.

Do you read any fan adventures?

BlueRose

Vriska, haven't decided about pre-scratch troll, Drunk Rose (Dave otherwise, or Davesprite, if he counts), and Dirk. But that's personality-wise. If I was going by looks (which I do sometimes), Aradia (pre-bot), Meulin, God Tier Jade, and the picture Calliope drew of God Tier Dirk.

No, I don't read fan adventures... Mainly because I don't know where to find them. But have created my own headcannon troll!
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Jetthebinturong

I have about 7 fantrolls and I also made my own HS universe species.

You can find fan adventures on the mspaintfanadventures website or the mspa forums.

Favourite bit of the comic so far?

BlueRose

Haha.

Awesome! Thanks!!

I'm not sure... I really like the drunk Rose scene (feel sorry for Kanaya), but I'm getting a huge kick out of the entire 'teen drama' going on where Jake is the idiot center and everyone else likes him.

Jetthebinturong

Except Roxy who has the hots for Dirk (or someone else depending on whether or not you've reached that bit)

Now that it comes down to it, what are your ships? Davekat and Roskan are my otps also PM/WV, PM <3< Jack Noir and Solradia are good. I do ship DirkJake and I like Erisol, Erikar, Solkat and Gamkar too. Karezi is good too. I really hate Daverezi though but I ship them as <>.

Also have you listened to any of PhemieC's music? She writes songs about the Homestuck characters.

BlueRose

Eh? I thought Roxy had mentioned being into Jake....

I ship all the ships. I have no OTPs because I like all of them. I like KarPeta, but that's my favorite only because it sounds like carpet. NepaKat doesn't work for me though. It's definitely KarPeta.

YES! I love PhemieC's "A Confession" and "Ugly Story". I have them on all of my music players.

Jetthebinturong

My favourite songs of hers are The Gods Must be Lying, Ugly Story, Friendleader, Mary, Our Aftermath, Home, Double Time and A Confession

Technically she is into Jake but she fancies Dirk more besides Jake is "off limits" because Jane likes him and she has no hope with Dirk because he's gay, poor girl (until later that is, my main Roxy ship is with the someone else that she fancies later on and possibly Calliope too).

What is your opinion on Caliborn/Dirk?

Also, post a lyric to Ugly Story every time you post, the aim is to get through aaaaaaaall the songs :::; ). I'll start
I'm a prince and I live in a ship