The Legend of the Horde of the White One (sign up)

Started by Miss RainbowSocks, December 15, 2013, 01:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Quick note on what Rainbow just said, in my posts you'll notice that I use the species of my character to start a sentence in my longer posts. Generally it's best to start your first sentence with an action, description, talking, or your name. If using your name the reasoning is that if the post is long enough you can use it again without making it redundant, he/her is the most common filler because it doesn't get old nearly as fast, but you've got to manage a sprinkle of other references to yourself.  ;) 
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Miss RainbowSocks

Exactly.  :) Anyway, Cornflower MM, it still needs a little work to make it flow nicely but I'll let it go this time. Accepted! Excited to Roleplay with you!!!!

Cornflower MM

Jetthebinturong

In case you don't check back

Name: Shenmi
Age: Ugh, I don't want to do maths so I'll just say how old he would be if it was in years which is 42
Position: neutral for now but leaning more towards "Good" than "Evil"
Species: Red Panda
Personality: Shenmi tends to keep his emotions and personality hidden behind a cold facade however when you get to know him he can be a relatively nice guy. He only shares his feelings with those who he thinks he can trust but is usually very friendly and light-hearted. Shenmi is a strong believer in right and wrong and will try to eradicate all those he finds that he perceives as evil this can be different to the perceptions of the woodlanders however. He is also a believer in magic as since he received his lucky pendant he has never lost a fight. (in fanfiction this is due to the fact that it is actually magical but if you don't want it to be in this that's fine) He and Mohu are (platonic)life partners and Shenmi considers him the younger brother he never had. (Wow I actually found enough to say about him, wonders never cease/mIrAcLeS eVeRyWhErE (that's a reference btw)) 
Appearance: He looks much like any other red panda. He has orange fur, white markings on his face and a black underbelly and legs. His tail is ringed in two different shades of brown. His eyes are dark brown but usually can not be seen as he wears a traditional Asian straw hat which he normally keeps pulled down. He wears a sleeveless black robe and has two black scabbards containing katanas strapped across his back, he carries a sai dagger on his belt and he wears a simple emerald pendant around his neck. He also wears a thin silver bracelet on both wrists and straw sandals.
History: Ugh I just wrote this out and lost internet connection as I pressed save and I can't remember how it went exactly so hear have the abridged edition: Born in the Feros province of the country of Hakaan. Grew up in the antisocial Sheng Xiu red panda tribe. Trained as warrior but always wanted adventure. Mouse comes to tribe's village seeking rest on pilgrimage, the tribe turn him away. Shenmi lets him in through the back entrance. They're discovered and they're both kicked out. The old mouse gives Shenmi his pendant as a thanks for his hospitality and says that it will bring him good luck. Shenmi begins his travels as a warrior. Now excuse me while I go and punch a wall

Name: Mohu
Position: Neutral but leaning more towards "good" than "evil"
Species: Red and white giant flying squirrel
Personality: Mohu is quite easygoing and friendly unlike his friend. He is however rather cautious and careful and tries to plan his conflicts carefully. At some point in his life he made his living as a thief and though those times are behind him those skills do come in useful sometimes. He is not very physically strong preferring speed and agility to brute strength. Due to this if he comes up against a strong opponent in a confined space he has almost no hope. Unlike Shenmi he trusts people easily and has no trouble making friends, this can be counted as a strength as well as a weakness. His sleep is plagued by visions of the past.
Appearance: He looks like a typical member of his species with mostly red fur, a white underbelly, legs and face. He has thin rings of red fur around his eyes. He can glide for short distances using those fleshy membrane things that flying rodents have (what are those called???) which are covered in the same shade of red fur. He wears a soft leather tunic dyed a pale green colour. He wears a brown traveling cloak with a hood and leather bracers the same colour as his tunic. He also wears straw sandals and a ruby ring on his left index finger. He has a scar over his right eye and his arm is branded from time as a slave that he has never revealed to anyone, even Shenmi. He wields two sai daggers and has a bo staff strapped across his back.
History: Mohu was born in the Feros province of Hakaan. At some point in his young life he was taken as a slave and presumably escaped. After this Mohu traveled across Feros into the neighbouring province of Ramar where he lived on the streets for a number of years (seasons?). At some point during this time he stole two sais and a bo staff. When he was around 17 Shenmi found him and, taking pity on him, asked if he wanted to accompany him on his travels. The squirrel readily accepted and time proved him a valuable ally, often rescuing Shenmi when he got into trouble. That's not to say he didn't get into trouble himself however and at some point he received a scar to prove it.

(If enough people don't care I would like to make their relationship, er, less platonic)

I'm ready to roleplay
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Skipper

Ok

Miss RainbowSocks

Skipper, it's all right I'm back a little early. Anyway, Jet (do you mind if I call you that?) you are accepted!! I have to admit, your character sheet made me smile. However, there are more than a few minor grammar mistakes, but I can tell that you gave a lot of thought into the characters and that's really all that matters in this case. I don't mind the whole magic idea because the book series does have a small supernatural quality to it, but don't take it too far. Excited to roleplay with you!!
Now, everyone else, I'm going to wait a while longer so that more people can join. The roleplaying thread will be up sometime after New Years Day.

The Shade

Haha, I just realized I didn't type "I'm ready to roleplay"at the end of my apps.  :D Just to establish, yes I did read the whole OP.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Jetthebinturong

I know that it is a rule that you should not engage in discussion of controversial topics but what is the general attitude to homosexuality of the participants of this rp? No one seems to have responded to what I said at the bottom of my app post so it was either skipped over or no one cares.

Faiyloe

That would make me uncomfortable and I don't think it belongs in a Redwall environment. Please don't take any of this personally. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Cornflower MM

Skipper

Uh

Cornflower MM

Which means....? Sorry, my parents don't talk about that stuff when I'm around.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Cornflower MM on December 27, 2013, 08:49:22 PM
Which means....? Sorry, my parents don't talk about that stuff when I'm around.

Two people of the same gender being in a romantic relationship

Dannflower Reguba

Jet, that kind of stuff has no place in an RP, it shouldn't even come up as a possibility.  :( Wish I'd noticed that before it had to be stated aloud.

FYI: If this is allowed, then I'm out. Things of this nature don't have any place in these innocent RP's.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Skipper

This probably shouldn't be discussed here.