News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Games we play.

Started by Unimaginative, January 09, 2014, 02:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

You're weird. (XD, JK)

I've not really enjoyed imagination-based totally-free form IRL games in a while- I prefer to be creative within limits- what sort of mini games can I make in Minecraft, or coming up with ways to strategize and win stuff in D&D (Or loads of other games, really)
Idk. Perhaps I've lost something- but I think, just maybe, I've gained as much or more than I've lost.

The Skarzs

Minecraft is one of those few games that you have to use your imagination to play; that is part of why I like it so much ;D.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Norham Waterpaw

I got Starbound! It's awesome, and better than Terraria. I thought Starbound was just a terraria rip-off, but it is way different, and infinitely better.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rusvul

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on February 13, 2014, 08:44:49 PM
I got Starbound! It's awesome, and better than Terraria. I thought Starbound was just a terraria rip-off, but it is way different, and infinitely better.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YES! YESSS!
*Ahem.*
All the elements of the game that people critique sound exactly like Terraria- But the actual feel of the game is one hundred percent different and completely unique. Really great game.

Also, I can set up a multiplayer server for us to use... Although I've got a few mods... You'd have to get those if I was to use my main character (Or any Glitch or Avian character, for that matter- I've modded them to have bigger ships.)

Something else I'm super excited about is that I can actually make mods for Starbound. I'm working on one called Holographic Extensions- Lots of hologrammy things. Going to be awesome.

Norham Waterpaw

Cool. I'll try to figure out how to use mods ( I'm not good with computer-y stuff)
But yeah, that would be awesome. My main guy's a Floran, named Graene. I look like a bandit, and I like that look. So yeah, the game's awesome.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Dannflower Reguba

I assume it costs money.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

psybox

I might join a starbound server if someone starts one.

Rusvul

Awesome. I have a Glitch named Knight Errant Vexation. He's cool. Tier 2 currently. Loads of mods. Violin. Canon in D is the best :D

Norham Waterpaw

I have a Flitch now too. I took one look at a Glitch Village, and I loved it. Anyways, my Floran is tier 2, and my Glitch just beat Dreadwing, the penguin.

I just today figured out how to place "wall blocks". All you have to do is right click while holding the block, to make it your "wall".

I... Am... An idiot...

The Skarzs

We all knew that already ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Blaggut

Quote from: Faiyloe on February 11, 2014, 01:40:22 AM
Call me weird but I never really liked video games. I prefer to read. use my imagination. who needs a computer to tell me what adventures I can and cant have when I can do them perfectly fine in my back yard or in the closet.

Of the game that I do play they are all the really really old ones.  Rollercoster  tycoon (the first one), and one of the first few computer games ever. It was just words Zork. My dad played it when he was young. I also was into pack man for a bit. the good thing about the last two games is that you can find them free on the internet they are so old.     

I play games because it's like alternate reality. Tell me, when, if ever, wil you get to fight a troll? And many games are make ur own adventure, like minecraft or terraria. Sometimes I even re-make the story. However, I do use imagination when I think of my own games ideas.
~Just a soft space boi~

Norham Waterpaw

Quote from: The Skarzs on February 15, 2014, 04:17:23 AM
We all knew that already ;D

*stabs Skarsz, disposes of body in dumpster* "Well, ahem, that went well.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Norham Waterpaw

Sigh, you're still alive, huh? *throws dumpster off bridge*

Faiyloe

Quote from: Blaggut on February 15, 2014, 06:41:50 AM
Quote from: Faiyloe on February 11, 2014, 01:40:22 AM
Call me weird but I never really liked video games. I prefer to read. use my imagination. who needs a computer to tell me what adventures I can and cant have when I can do them perfectly fine in my back yard or in the closet.

Of the game that I do play they are all the really really old ones.  Rollercoster  tycoon (the first one), and one of the first few computer games ever. It was just words Zork. My dad played it when he was young. I also was into pack man for a bit. the good thing about the last two games is that you can find them free on the internet they are so old.     

I play games because it's like alternate reality. Tell me, when, if ever, wil you get to fight a troll? And many games are make ur own adventure, like minecraft or terraria. Sometimes I even re-make the story. However, I do use imagination when I think of my own games ideas.

In Zork? it was near the very beginning of the Grate Underground Empire..
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?