News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Epic of the Golden Tomb

Started by Unimaginative, August 21, 2014, 01:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unimaginative

In a land, far from the famous Redwall Abbey, which was known even in this distant land, there was a tomb. The tomb was lost to the creatures who inhabited the land, but was known to them, and thought to contain huge wealth. Though no one was sure, the tomb had supposedly been built for the greatest king of the land, Vancalve of Gof, who had united the land. Over the years, many travelers have been drawn to the treasure, but none had been successful, partially because of king Belfour's belief that the tomb is sacred, and should remain lost.

About the land: There are two large cities, 3 smaller ones, and many villages. The large cities are: Gof, where the story begins, and is the capital of the empire, and Rhygalla, an ancient city made up of many different cultural styles.

This is intended to be a series, similar to The Heros of Redwall, and be a epic series, like it. I'd like to make note that in this roleplay, all others have have happened in the same universe at one time, so characters from other roleplays that repeatedly reference the roleplay they are from are fine, assuming they can fit in the same time period (For example, no Steampunk characters talking with Medieval Redwallians. However, ancestors are fine.). New characters of any species are also welcome.

Characters can and will be killed. Make a new one if you want. This will touch, though not immerse itself in the darker side of the Redwall series.

Feel free to use any character sheet, though here is an example:
Spoiler
Name:
Nickname:
Titles:
Species:
Appearance:
Fur:
Eyes:
Clothes:
Distinguishing marks:
Personality:
Accent/Voice:
[close]

And one last thing. Though I have not done the best job of managing my roleplays in the past, especially with the Winter to Freeze Your Heart series, I intend to change that. Part of the reason I dropped out of some roleplays I was in, such as Quest for the Black Treasure, was for a fresh start. I will be here, in control, for all parts of this potential saga.

Two characters is the current limit.

Han's Character
Spoiler
Name: Garin Dungan
Nickname: Dune, Gar. (Shortenings of his first/last name.)
Titles: Tafeni (Traveler in his native language of Farrtalk, spoken in the South of the main land.)
Species: Fennec Fox
Appearance: Pale orange/white fur, dark grey eyes. Large ears, of coarse. Small in stature and build, but nimble.
Clothes: A sleeveless tunic with a light brown shirt underneath. Sun baked brown cloth trousers. A leather cap with openings for his ears. He also wears a purple cloth belt. Dunama also has a satchel that he wears on his back, and contains food, water, and his Bolas.
Weaponry: A scimitar that he wears at his belt, and 5 Bolas that he keeps in his satchel.
Distinguishing marks: N/A
Personality: Jolly and Carefree. Dune is annoyingly talkative, and a born optimist. Even if something is going very badly, he usually has a smile on his snout.
Accent/Voice: A comically high voice, with a slight accent similar to a Arabic accent.
[close]

Rainshadow's Character
Spoiler
Name:  Foeda Lingua

Nickname:  Foe, Lin, Foelin

Species:  Possum

Appearance:  Tall and thin, Foelin is the typical size for a possum, and she has silvery fur with dark arms and legs.  Her eyes are black, and usually glare at those around her.  Her mouth is usually frowning or being held in a sneer.

Clothes:  Lin wears a dirty, long-sleeved white tunic, but usually has the sleeves rolled up to her elbows, and a sloppy black vest is worn atop that, always unbuttoned.  Over the vest is worn a tan trench coat that has seen better years: an askew collar, never buttoned, and mud on the sleeves and hem.  Finally, around the possum's neck is a dark blue scarf, which is tied in a knot that hangs low on her chest.

Weapons:  Foelin is a sorceress, best suited for fighting instead of healing.  She casts spells using an ancient tongue, but on rare occasions, if enough of one emotion fills her, the possum can cast spells wordlessly, with unpredictable results.

Distinguishing marks:  N/A

Personality:  All that needs to be said about this possum can be summed up with one easy statement: she is sour.  Sour as a lemon.  Most beasts don't enjoy her company, and she can't stand the company of others.  She does, however, love gold.  Most of her gold goes to food and drink, but some she just hoards and saves for a "special occasion."

Accent/Voice:  Foeda has a deep voice for a female, and she speaks with a harsh cockney accent.
[close]
Jasper's Character
Spoiler

Name: Foulfang Messycoat
Alias: Warmwhiskers Cuttlefish
Species: Ferret
Appearance: squinty - eyed, darkly shaded ferret. Wears a dark blue cloak that blends in with the night. In the cowl of his cloak his eyes appear to be deep black empty slits.
Fur: Formerly white, but dyed a darker shade.
Eyes: thin and black
Personality: Although weak willed, he is smart, cruel and undoubtedly evil. Who knows what his sinister plot is this time?  Smiley
Accent/Voice: slurred and whispering, not unlike a snake.
Weapons: Foulfang keeps a jagged, black dagger in his belt under his cloak. If searched he sometimes cleverly hides it into the sleeves of his cloak. He also has a tiny throwing knife in an unnoticeable holster around his neck. His favorite trick is to act as though he is scratching his neck, when he is really readying for a deadly throw.
[close]
Delthion's Character
Spoiler
Name: Oroinath Sprucepaw
Nickname: Nath
Titles: Former prince of Belethor a land to the far east.
Species: Squirrel
Appearance:  All covered in Fur, eyes, and distinguishing marks.
Fur: Orangeish brown.
Eyes: Emerald green.
Clothes: Wears forest green tunic, and belt that was given to him by his grandfather; dark brown and studded with emeralds.
Distinguishing marks: Scar running from his left ear to his mouth.
Personality: Shy, sometimes cold, whenever he is he has a look as if he is looking to where others can't see to his past. But he is a stout friend.
Accent/Voice: No accent, lowish voice, can be very loud at times.
Other: His family used to be the royal family of Belethor. But they had been massacred leaving Onoirath to roam, he was as far as he knew the last of his family line.
[close]
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Rainshadow

This 'un sounds interesting.  :)  Just curious, is having sorcerers/sorceresses okay?  If not, I can change my character.

Foeda Lingua
Name:  Foeda Lingua

Nickname:  Foe, Lin, Foelin

Species:  Possum

Appearance:  Tall and thin, Foelin is the typical size for a possum, and she has silvery fur with dark arms and legs.  Her eyes are black, and usually glare at those around her.  Her mouth is usually frowning or being held in a sneer.

Clothes:  Lin wears a dirty, long-sleeved white tunic, but usually has the sleeves rolled up to her elbows, and a sloppy black vest is worn atop that, always unbuttoned.  Over the vest is worn a tan trench coat that has seen better years: an askew collar, never buttoned, and mud on the sleeves and hem.  Finally, around the possum's neck is a dark blue scarf, which is tied in a knot that hangs low on her chest.

Weapons:  Foelin is a sorceress, best suited for fighting instead of healing.  She casts spells using an ancient tongue, but on rare occasions, if enough of one emotion fills her, the possum can cast spells wordlessly, with unpredictable results.

Distinguishing marks:  N/A

Personality:  All that needs to be said about this possum can be summed up with one easy statement: she is sour.  Sour as a lemon.  Most beasts don't enjoy her company, and she can't stand the company of others.  She does, however, love gold.  Most of her gold goes to food and drink, but some she just hoards and saves for a "special occasion."

Accent/Voice:  Foeda has a deep voice for a female, and she speaks with a harsh cockney accent.

Possum
[close]
[close]
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Unimaginative

Yeah, magic is alright, as long as it is limited in it's power.

Rainshadow

Quote from: HanNorwood on August 21, 2014, 02:05:45 AM
Yeah, magic is alright, as long as it is limited in it's power.

Oh, yeah, no, definitely.  Mainly Foelin's magic will be stuff like what you'd find in the TV show Merlin.  A bit of telekinesis, a bit of elemental, but nothing like a single spell will kill an entire army, make you invincible, or anything like that.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tam and Martin

I am interested (Which is good cause it is REALLY hard to get e interested in an RP - Let lone to stay with it  :P) THough I am not exactly sure what we would be doing in the RP. DO you think you could explain more?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Unimaginative

Searching for the Golden Tomb. My character will have narrowed down it's location to a few places, and they will be going to those places on the search. However, along with vermin, dragons, and other strange creatures, the army, led by king Belfour, will be trying to kill them.

Cornflower MM

I'm joinin' I'll put up me sheet later.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: HanNorwood on August 21, 2014, 01:32:49 PM
Searching for the Golden Tomb. My character will have narrowed down it's location to a few places, and they will be going to those places on the search. However, along with vermin, dragons, and other strange creatures, the army, led by king Belfour, will be trying to kill them.
Sweet! Now I am definatley joining!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Jetthebinturong

I'll join when I have the time to make a character
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Gwen A. Mouse

This looks like a lot of fun. :) I'll have a character sheet up soon.
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

Cornflower MM

Name:Arya Brushtail
Nickname:Arya
Titles:None.
Species:Squirrel
Appearance: Fur dark brown, ears black, white nose.
Eyes: Deep, dark green.
Clothes: Standard dusty tan tunic, sandals, sand colored belt
Distinguishing marks: N/A
Personality: Sweet, blunt, selfless, stubborn
Accent/Voice: Southern accent, clear, low, voice.

Gwen A. Mouse

Quick question- what species are allowed/not allowed, and are we sticking to the regular, canon alignments (i.e. vermin=evil, woodlanders=good) or is alignment fluid?
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

Unimaginative

Alignment is fluid, any species that mythological or of a ridiculous size compared to others in allowed.

Gwen A. Mouse

Jasper

I'll join, with your permission, of course. I'll edit in my character when you give the a-ok!  :)