What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

I'm still reading Outcast Of Redwall, but I'm almost done with it. Then I'll be reading Mariel Of Redwall.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Dawnwing

I am reading the Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.

Firehawke

Quote from: Dawnwing on December 11, 2013, 05:20:43 PM
I am reading the Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.

I just pulled that off my shelf to read!  I'm going to be switching between that and Fablehaven.
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Gonff the Mousethief

im currently on the long patrol. about to start watership down
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Ungatt Trunn

Allot of people seem to be reading Watership Down...why is it so popular?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Dawnwing

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on December 12, 2013, 05:04:13 AM
Allot of people seem to be reading Watership Down...why is it so popular?
It's one of the most influential xenofiction (fiction from an animal's POV) novels of all time.  Not the first - I mean, there's Aesop's Fables and such from hundreds if not thousands of years ago - but it was influential because it was one of the earliest modern ones and groundbreaking in its day.  Kinda like how Lord of the Rings is for high fantasy.  Series like Redwall might not have existed without Watership Down.

rachel25

Is Watershipp Down the one about rabbits? Or am I thinking of something else.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: rachel25 on December 12, 2013, 03:20:22 PM
Is Watershipp Down the one about rabbits? Or am I thinking of something else.
Yes, it's about rabbits.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Kera Thorn Bladewind

I'm reading The Unwanteds, and feeling that if I lived in Quill...I'd be Unwanted from birth. I don't go a day without at the very least singing something. O_O I am doomed...

brocka

Re-reading Wind in the Willows. Plan to re-read The Count of Monte Christo. Read that one thirty years ago, so it deserves a re-read. Its really great stuff, as I recall.

Kera Thorn Bladewind

Now...I go to read Warriors: New Prophecy: Sunset. Very much reluctant to read this...my sister told me they killed one of my favorite characters...(I don't care if he's evil, I like him!)

rachel25

Hind's Feet On High Places. Not something I'd instantly go for, but my sister insists its a good book. So I'll check it out.

Romsca

Quote from: rachel25 on December 19, 2013, 05:38:16 PM
Hind's Feet On High Places. Not something I'd instantly go for, but my sister insists its a good book. So I'll check it out.

I had a friend whose mom was working on a screenplay for that book

Redwaller

I'm reading The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks. So far it's awesome!