News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banya

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on March 26, 2015, 03:42:02 AM
Taggerung  ;D

Banya-approved.

Not sure why that one gets such a bad rap.  It's definitely in my top 5, and it was the first one I ever owned, so my copy is well-worn and loved.

MeadowR

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on March 23, 2015, 04:59:09 AM
I'm reading The Bible right now. I could use some peace.

I set myself a challenge once to just read through the whole thing... I didn't get past the third page! :D Think there's a bit too much there to undertake in one go; I can see why people pick just certain stories at certain times!

Continuing my Redwall run with Mariel of Redwall. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Luftwaffles

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on March 26, 2015, 04:06:34 PM
Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on March 23, 2015, 04:59:09 AM
I'm reading The Bible right now. I could use some peace.

I set myself a challenge once to just read through the whole thing... I didn't get past the third page! :D Think there's a bit too much there to undertake in one go; I can see why people pick just certain stories at certain times!

Continuing my Redwall run with Mariel of Redwall. :)

Interestingly enough, that's the same challenge that I have put myself thru. It is quite a challenge, I won't deny that... and it is also very hard to read, I'm in page 23 and it's like the third day since I started doing this :P
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

MeadowR

^ Haha! Therefore I say good luck to you with that! :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Hickory

I'm just getting snatches of different Redwal books.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Banya

I just read:
"On the Memoirs of an African Slave" (The Interesting Narrative, 1789) by Olaudah Equiano
and the Declaration of the Rights of Woman and the Female Citizen (1790) by Olympe de Gouges
and they were both quite good.
Yes, it was for school.

Sage, I'm incredibly amused by your siggie.

Hickory

*maes elegant leg* WHy thank you.

Anybody have the anniverrsary redwall? With the Troy Howell pictures?

Luftwaffles

Redwall! (sadly, only the first one is available in Spanish it seems).
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Gonff the Mousethief

Just finished Doomwyte and The Miracle Worker. I plan to read The Sable Quean, Start the Outlander series and The Wheel of Time series. Have any of you read those?
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Hickory

Now reading "Dirty old London, the Victorian fight against filth"

Jetthebinturong

Skulduggery Pleasant: Death Bringer aka the best book in the series

'He stood there, the black robe flowing around him, his skull barely visible beneath the hood.  "Good God. You look like the Grim Reaper."'

"I swear, talking to you is like talking to a really good-looking and mildly stupid brick wall.'

'I kill a sofa for you and you go and sit in a chair? I don't think you appreciate the sacrifice that has been made for you.'

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

The Book of Lost Tales: Part 1 and the first The 39 Clues: Unstoppable book. The former is composed of the earliest versions of the Middle-earth legendarium, along with commentary by Christopher Tolkien.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 15, 2015, 10:33:58 PM
The Book of Lost Tales: Part 1 and the first The 39 Clues: Unstoppable book. The former is composed of the earliest versions of the Middle-earth legendarium, along with commentary by Christopher Tolkien.
I have read most of that book! I have both parts, and plan to read them and the rest of The History of Middle Earth collection.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jukka the Sling

Cool! I really want to read Unfinished Tales, since I'm pretty sure most of it is canon.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien