What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

I saw that one in a book store once. I looked pretty neat. Most of them should be canon if I remember. Did you know Tolkien wrote an adaptation about King Arthur?
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Rainshadow

I'm still reading The Goblet of Fire.  I've gotten about halfway through, though, so now it's pretty interesting.  (My mom and sister were right; they left a lot out of the film.  :P)

On the manga side of things, I'm currently reading Alive: The Final Evolution.  It's an interesting series about a deadly virus spreading around the world and the people who are immune to it.  (Bonus: the people immune to the virus get super awesome powers.  ;D)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Gonff the Mousethief

The Goblet of Fire Was my favorite Hp. I just liked the story line, plus it is when Voldermort comes back.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

SoranMBane

Oh... Way, way too many. You see, I have this nasty habit of starting a book, then getting distracted partway through and starting a completely different book, and then getting distracted partway through that by yet another book, and then, well... Yeah. The end result is that I kind of end up burying myself under a fairly hefty backlog of unfinished books. At the moment, this includes:

-My reread of Marlfox.
-The Last Unicorn
-The first Mistmantle Chronicles book.
-The first First Law book.
-Yahtzee Croshaw's Jam.
-The Plague Dogs
-The first Sons of Masguard book.
-Neuromancer
-Dune

I also have a copy of The Sea Wolf lying around that I haven't even touched yet, and I'm probably going to pick up a copy of The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman the next time I visit the local used book store, because apparently I don't have enough books to read yet.

UPDATE: Alright, I finally finished The Last Unicorn (it was awesome), and I did buy that copy of Castaways of the Flying Dutchman, so I've started reading that. I also bought a copy of Triss along with Castaway, but that's mostly just to have for now; I'll probably give myself a chance to knock off a few other books before I give that one a reread.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on April 16, 2015, 02:53:03 AM
I saw that one in a book store once. I looked pretty neat. Most of them should be canon if I remember. Did you know Tolkien wrote an adaptation about King Arthur?
The Silmarillion is canon in all but one or two details, and I think most of Unfinished Tales is canon as well. The Lost Tales aren't canon, however, since they are the earliest versions (which were later much revised) of what was later turned into The Silmarillion.

Oh, and yeah, I think I have seen Sir Gawain mentioned in the front of a few Tolkien books.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Luftwaffles

Woah Soran, that's amazing. By "Dune" you mean the novel by Frank Herbert, right? I always wanted to read that one.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

SoranMBane

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on April 22, 2015, 08:06:39 PM
Woah Soran, that's amazing. By "Dune" you mean the novel by Frank Herbert, right? I always wanted to read that one.

Yep, that's the one. I bought it from Barnes & Noble a while back, and managed to get halfway through before I inevitably got distracted. Now it's just sort of sitting on my bookshelf, waiting for me to get back to it. What I did read was pretty interesting, though.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

Kingdom of the Wicked by Derek Landy. I remember the first time I read it I was so taken off guard by the concept. Not the idea of alternate dimensions, just the idea of the one who's still alive in the other dimension. I was like "He's going to find out how to shunt and then he'll be back in the real world wreaking havoc and trying to rule the world"
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

Dirty Old London: The Vicotrina Fight Agaist Filth by Lee Jackson.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Tiria_Wildlough

Loamhedge!!! I think we all know who by!!!

Dibbun Against Bedtime

"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

Edraithel

I just finished Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and I'm reading the Sable Queen right now.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Jetthebinturong

*Quean (Means "evil woman")

Tanith Low in the Maleficent Seven by Derek Landy
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Edraithel

Opps, I always read it in my head as Queen.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man