News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Song of the Explorer. Sign-ups Closed.

Started by Delthion, September 22, 2014, 10:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

The Skarzs

Well, I don't know. . . I'm not all that interested in RPs on the ocean. :-\
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

I'm joinin', but it's too late to make a character tonight.  I'll probably do that tomorrow.  (Woulda done it today, but I was working in the backyard for awhile, and then I was watching TV because I was too tired to think.  :P)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Unimaginative

Quote from: HanNorwood on September 30, 2014, 04:00:51 AM
This really reminds me of The High Seas. 'Tis a pity that I was so busy I never started it.

I added a Age to the app, is that alright.

Species: Red Fox
Name: Sigith Helsing
Ship Class: (Merchant, Pirate or Explorer.): Merchant
Ship Type: (Carrack, Caravel or Galley.) Carrack
Ship Name: Groom of the Sea Goddess
Position: (Captain, First Mate etc.) Captain
Appearance: This, and relatively short. Sigith's muzzle is beginning to Gray despite his youth, and so are the base of his ears, though the rest of his fur is a dark red, with streaks of silver and black in them.
Clothes: A dark purple jacket, and cloth trousers that go down to his ankles. He wears tall boots, and often has a cape draped over his shoulders. He wears a brown belt around his waist.
Weapons: A rapier kept in his belt, and several knives also in the belt.
Personality: Some would say Cold and Calculating, but Sigith prefers the term Logical and Calm. He will sacrifice in order to protect beasts he cares about, as long as they don't get in the way of his successful trade monopoly. He enjoys his luxuries, and has a ornately decorated cabin for himself. Despite his general frostiness, he is very charismatic, and a popular and appealing figure among crewbeasts.
Native Land: Mossflower County
History: Part of the reason he loves his monopoly is because of a dark past. Born into slavery on an infamous pirate ship, he worked to earn his freedom, getting on the captain's good side, until he was able to join the crew. One month later Sigith organized a rebellion, marooned the former captain, and spent the next five years raiding the coasts. The Fox became well known under the assumed name Captain Dread Roberts. After a time, he became bored of this raiding, and moved onto the straight and narrow, beginning a successful trade monopoly. Though officials have tried to attribute Captain Dread Roberts raids to Sigith several times, they were unsuccessful, as Sigith has most of the lands judges on a pay-roll.
Other:

FINISHED!

I just realized: This was my 500th post!
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rainshadow

I decided to be lazy and reuse a character that I haven't used on this forum, but I've used on some other Redwall RP sites that I've long since abandoned.

Silonna Greenholm
Name:  Silonna Greenholm

Species:  Calico cat

Ship Class:  Explorer

Ship Type:  Caravel

Ship Name:  The Bonnie Prince Charlie

Position:  Cook

Appearance:  Silonna is a calico she-cat with bright, emerald green eyes.  Her fur is short and sleek, making her look thinner than normal, but she's very healthy.  Silonna's main fur colour is a bright ginger.  The other two colours are black and white, black being the more dominant of the two.

Clothes:  The she-cat wears a cream-coloured blouse with short sleeves and open shoulders.  Over top of that, she wears a black button-up vest that is almost always unbuttoned.  She has a dark forest green scarf that is wound loosely around her neck.  A sash of the same colour is tied around her waist, into which a rapier is tucked.  She also has a lute carried on her back, held on by a black leather strap which runs diagonally from her left shoulder to her right hip, with the body of the instrument at her shoulder.
 On her long legs, Silonna wears grey trousers with two pockets that she likes to shove her paws into.  She has black boots covering her footpaws.

Weapons:  The cat is the best with her rapier, and has it on her person at all times.  She prefers not to use it, but has it for emergencies.  She also carries a small knife in her boot, hidden away from sight.
 Another thing she claims is a weapon would be her lute.  She occasionally uses this to mock her opponents, singing annoying ditties whilst strumming her instrument.  She doesn't do it often, but when she does, she's rewarded with enraged, and rather clumsy, foes.

Personality:  Silonna is a shy, quiet cat, who prefers being alone to being in a crowd.  She loves to sing, but is afraid to show her talents to anybeast.  But, the calico does play her lute in public.
 One thing that the cat is is a kind creature.  She tries to do her best to not be cruel or rude, but to be polite and generous to everybeast, even her enemies.
  Lately, however, Silonna has turned from being shyly cheerful to depressed at all times, speaking only to a few and avoiding eye contact at all costs.  She won't talk to anybeast about what's troubling her, but can sometimes be found emerging from her bunk with tear-soaked fur and puffy eyelids.  Her mood is known to swing from sadness to anger, from a bit of happiness to truly not caring at all.

Extras:  The cat has two small, brass hoop earrings, one in the base of each ear.  She wraps a leather strap around her right wrist for no particular reason, but she claims that one day she'll need to use it for something.

Native Land:  The cook won't say where she's from; the only thing beasts have been able to get out of her is that she used to live far across the sea.

History:  The calico doesn't talk to anybeast about herself, and if asked about her past, she usually only says a few things: she used to sail under a different flag, and that she was caught in the midst of a mutiny.  She was thrown overboard, and soon after, she came to the Bonnie Prince Charlie.  Now she sails as its cook.  Silonna doesn't say anything else.

Other:  The she-cat can become very cross when someone insults her cooking.  Also, her nickname was once Ginger, and some still call her this, but she claims she absolutely hates the nickname, and is prone to snapping at those who use it.
[close]

Oh, look at this.  I managed to turn a character that was once based off of me into a depressed, angsty character.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

Aaaaand I'm going to have to bow out of this one. zSorry, y'all, but I can't do this woith everything eles.

Delthion

No problem!

Delthion

We'll need at least one more pirate, and another explorer, preferably two more.

Trexonian

Hey Guys, I'm still kinda of a greenhorn to this RP, So I would like to start out as a First Mate, as a explorer or at least a pirate vessel. Let me know if you want me to be on board. (:

Species: Black Squirrel
Name: Raddex the Stern

Ship Class: Pirate or Explorer.
Ship Type:  N/A
Ship Name: N/A

Position: First Mate

Appearance: Ash black, average height, medium muscular build.
Clothes: Typical 1700's Officer's uniform. Black and silver in colour. He wears a teal sash. it is ALWAYS kept in pristine condition. If he is a pirate, he will have a sickly dead white left eye.

Weapons: As an Explorer he will carry a rapier. As pirate he will often carry a boarding axe, and a few throwing knives.

Personality:As his name implies, Raddex is a very strict officer. Not overly cruel, he follows the ship's/ Captain's regulations to the letter, and he expects the crew to do no less and no more then that. A very educated and proper officer of the sea, his loyalty is unquestionable, and he has seen his fare share of battle, As his professional life, his personal life is very regimented, He does not abide in alcohol, or other "feeble things" as he calls it, and spends his spare time either sharpening his skills, maintaining his uniform. He is very observant and very reserve in his speech.

His personality splits from here if he is a pirate or an explorer: As pirate, Raddex has a strong like for violence, Before the heat of a battle, He likes to pick out a "death grudge" Some beast who has what seems to be trivial things, but irritating flaws in his eye, And will pursue with hatred and cruelty until he or she is dead.

As an explorer, he has a typical attitude of one, fascination for new world's, And an excellent teacher in seamanship. He often writes in journal of new experiences in new worlds.

Native Land: The Land of Ice and Snow

History: Unknown (He refuse's disclose)

Delthion

I don't remember any land by the name of Trexonia appearing in Redwall. It would be fine if you gave it's location as in what direction from a Redwall landmark it would be. Thanks!

Trexonian

Delthion

OK thanks! And if you want to join a specific ship you can PM the person that is running it.

Wylder Treejumper

Righty! I'll join, but it'll take me a bit to get my chars up.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.