News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Useless Skills

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 25, 2011, 11:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

What are some useless skills you can do? I can touch my nose with my tongue, make an awesome owl noise with only my hands and blowing (like this) and I can do a pretty good barking dog impersonation.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

I can say, 'I am an otter' in Latin, and say, 'Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper' very fast. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

I can...flare my nostrils.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Galedeep

I can snap my toes...... yeah......

Folgrimeo

- Snap my fingers.
- Sing the Spanish version of the "Dragonball GT" theme (and I don't even know what it means).
- Complete the first stage of "Bubsy: Encounters of the Furred Kind" in 30 seconds.
- Get through most of Mr. Nutz without cheating (I've completed it in theory).
- Recall the names of all pets I've had, including the few we've briefly looked after on behalf of a neighbor or teacher.
- Chug a warm Sunny Delight small bottle in one gulp.
- Created a screensaver in C# that simply puts a rainbow tint over pictures and makes them translucent so I can see what's going on underneath. It probably hogs the CPU.
- Memorized some of Loganberry's superset of Lapine (Watership Down language). A lay hay Thlayli. Eth, si, des, kes, hrair.

I even tried making a little "don't slack off" picture in Lapine. I know it's not coherent. What I was trying to say is this: "I like you, I don't want you to fail. All I ask is for you to do good work. But if you slack off again, we're done for, and I will kick your [darn] [tail]!"

Osu

I can wink, crack my knuckles (does that count? XD), grab things with my toes, sorta speak like a mole,  and eat an entire pizza all by myself in one sitting. Oh yes.

I've always wanted to use molespeech in the middle of an interview or something... 8)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Tiria Wildlough

I can crack my knuckles, and touch teh back of my head with my toe.
(Oh, and by the way, I heard that cracking your knuckles makes you more likely to have arthritis, so I don't do it anymore. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 26, 2011, 01:27:20 PM
I can crack my knuckles, and touch teh back of my head with my toe.
(Oh, and by the way, I heard that cracking your knuckles makes you more likely to have arthritis, so I don't do it anymore. ;)
I had heard that as well, but it's actually not true. A doctor told my brother it isn't true, and all over the internet it says it isn't true. For example...
Received mostly negative reviews.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Osu on August 26, 2011, 07:30:35 AM
...grab things with my toes.......

Aye, but can ye open doorz with yer toez like ah can? An' then cloze them?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Redwall Musician

I can flare my nostrils, talk really fast, and memorize poems.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Osu

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 26, 2011, 08:42:00 PM

[/quote

Yes! XD
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Osu on August 26, 2011, 10:21:51 PM
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 26, 2011, 08:42:00 PM

[/quote

Yes! XD

Well, ha' far can ye thra' thin'z with yer feet?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

White One6193

I can speak latin and write in Old Norse...  I have the swordplay skills to serve as a Roman legionnaire, and I can make shrimp n' hotroot soup.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Lily

I can sing songs from the musical Wicked in two languages.

Matthias720

I can wiggle my ears, roll my tongue, and I can bend my thumbs behind the back of my hands.