News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Arena OOC

Started by James Gryphon, January 14, 2015, 04:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

Just two left.

Sky's a walking arsenal, but I believe that the transmogrifier gun, if used correctly, is the single strongest item in the game. Both players should have a fair chance.
« Subject to editing »

Faiyloe

The final two!  ;D Part of the reason I think Russa has survived so long is that she has kept out of the reach of every other player and let them eliminate each other for her.  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Søren

Sky was deadly without the wand, almost unstoppable with it. I admire Sam for taking it out, but I don't think Russa has the fire power.

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

If there is a next round I don't think there should be something as overpowered as the wand. It takes away all need for strategy and imaginative thinking once you've cracked it.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

However, the USS Definant is A-OK. ;D

James Gryphon

It's like Overlord's Orders; it's all about the creativity. Sky has practically a ton of weapons, but the gun can turn all of them against her. I like Sky's position, but with some creativity I like Russa's even better -- and that's even if Sky can use the wand. If it's broken for good, that's just icing on the cake.
« Subject to editing »

Faiyloe

Quote from: Delthion on March 10, 2015, 09:27:20 PM
If there is a next round I don't think there should be something as overpowered as the wand. It takes away all need for strategy and imaginative thinking once you've cracked it.

You have got to remember for a while there it tended to back fire on the user.  ;) It is up to the host weather they wan't to include something like a wand or not.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

SilentSam

*pouts* Faiy!!!! Gr.... Well, Russa, you better win! I took out her most powerful weapon. I got eliminated for that. I don't want my elimination to be for nothing!!!!! *sigh* Now that that's out I will watch. :P
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Delthion

Quote from: Faiyloe on March 10, 2015, 09:35:42 PM
Quote from: Delthion on March 10, 2015, 09:27:20 PM

You have got to remember for a while there it tended to back fire on the user.  ;) It is up to the host weather they wan't to include something like a wand or not.

I realize that. But it still isn't quite as fun when you are basically running in terror from the Lord of the Wand.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

I checked out the kills; in order, this is how the eliminations went, by primary item involved.

1) Leaf blower/magic wand
2) Water gun/magic wand
3) Water gun/barrage of attacks
4) Magic wand
5) Magic wand
6) Magic wand
7) Leaf blower
8) Magic wand

So, the wand was directly responsible for at least four of those eliminations. In the case of the shared kills, the leaf blower did the damage, but the leaves came from the wand; in the second case, the water got Delthion out, but (from my understanding) it wouldn't have hit him without him misusing the wand.
« Subject to editing »

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Izeroth

I agree that the wand is a bit too OP for its own good. Giving it a half-chance of backfiring every time, however, would even things out.

Jukka the Sling

Russa had eye surgery on the 11th, so that's why she hasn't been on. She says she'll probably be back on within a couple of days.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Skyblade

Okay. Hope she's doing well!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Søren

Quote from: Skyblade on March 13, 2015, 04:14:55 PM
Okay. Hope she's doing well!
See, Sky is a good openant. I probably would have taken the advantage and launched a full blown attack. ;D
Probably not. ;D