Unnatural ~ a magic RP (OOC and sign up topic)

Started by Faiyloe, January 25, 2015, 08:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Don't worry Take your time. It makes things more interesting to introduce a character in the middle or part way in. Keeps things from getting to confusing by trying to get them all in there at once.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Wylder Treejumper

After reading Martin the Warrior again, I've made a few changes to Cordan, no major ones, just to give him some background. I'll get Brenn in soon, and Cordan will come eventually (Maybe leading a squad to investigate reports of "magicbeasts").
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Faiyloe

Sorry but there is no way Kela could be his grandfather. The first wolves came to that land many generations after the liberation from Marshank, Then it was several generations after that till current events. However he can be a decedent of Kela and the sling can be a family heirloom.

Wylder Treejumper

Slight misinfo there, sorry, all fixed. I'll jump in with Brenn ASAP, Cordan will come in whenever the going's good.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Izeroth

Perhaps you could have Cordan with the search party? That seems to be where most of the action is at.

Kitsune

What exactly is going on with everyone right now? There is a little too much to follow...

Izeroth

To sum it up:

Erich and his soldiers are going to regroup with Captain Archel at the house. The magic-users have gotten a decent distance away from the soldiers, and they think they've escaped (Erich has a plan, though.) In another part of the forest, three soldiers tried to arrest Sandpaw's character, but miserably failed.

Also.... in an area that is not at all related to the forest, some soldiers arrested Haenrok.

BlueRose

Selva is running around with very little purpose at the moment. It's very likely that she'll just find her way back to the city and chill until the next thing comes up.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Faiyloe

That looks like it about covers it.  ;) Just a heads up I am leaning towards letting Alarie getting caught so she can later help Haenrok escape.

Dannflower Reguba

Okay, so I was wondering something. I seem to be the only one that actually wants the magic they've been gifted. Per this feeling, Saurrel tries his hardest to coax the magic out instead of trying to suppress it (it's not exactly super noticeable, so he doesn't have to worry about it too much). That having been said, it would make sense for his magic to be more easily provoked, and more common right? Oh, and as for my reference to AWTFYH, that was referring to the situation, not the characters.  :P (Trying to convince a foolhardy course of action to not be taken by a headstrong character)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

That makes sense so long as his control is minimal.

The Skarzs

Well, my character only just found out about his magic trait, so he is extremely uncertain at the moment. Later on I want him to find it as more of a good thing.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

So, who exactly are the ones running? Alarie and Saurrel dropped out, and it looks like Selva has too. Who does that leave?
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

BlueRose

Selva hasn't dropped out yet, but she'll probably get tired of running soon.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Dannflower Reguba

Well, we didn't drop out, so much as stopped running pointlessly since we weren't being chased anymore. I'm actually pretty close to the soldiers again, hiding, but close enough to see and hear what's going on.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This