"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Grammar Nazi Bunker

Started by Hickory, January 28, 2015, 01:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeadowR

^ Hahaha. :P

What did you think I was saying before you read the sentence properly? :D

I should say again that 1980s was one example (good ol' '80s ;D), but of course the same rules apply for any year or numbers that have been shortened!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Jukka the Sling

I dunno. I always thought that if it was just a random number ("add the 7's and subtract the 8's") you could put an apostrophe before the 's'.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

Yeah, it's hard to explain. Or understand.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jukka the Sling

Something else that kinda bugs me is when people do the following:

"Hello there." He said.

It should be this:

"Hello there," he said.

Just about everyone does it, but it's incorrect.

(No offense intended to anyone.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

I before E, except after C. Weird!

Why do you park on a driveway,
and drive on a parkway?

When do you play at a recital,
and recite at a play?

Pineapple has neither pine nor apple in it.

You tell the dog to lay down, and he doesn't because it's lie down!

Knock knock.
Who's there?
To.
To who?
To whom....

SilentSam

For european grammar! Masculine and feminine items! *bombs grammar nazis*
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Izeroth

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Hickory

ATTENTION ALL GRAMMAR NAZIS. OUR WORLD IS UNDER ATTACK FROM TEXT-SPEAKING FANGIRLS. SPEAKING FOR OUR LEADER, HERR GRAMMAR, I ORDER ALL FAITHFUL NAZIS TO DEFEND OUR HOMELAND! DEFEND AGAINST THE OPPOSITION, AND, WHEREVER, POSSIBLE, ATTACK! THE REIGN OF THE TEST-SPEAKING STEREOTYPE GIRLS WILL NOT LAST LONG! FÜR UNSERE SPRACHE!

Mhera

Hickory

See The Amazing World of The English Language, paragraph 4

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on March 26, 2015, 01:45:41 PM
I before E, except after C. Weird!

No, no, no. It's I before E except after C. And sounding in A as in neighbor and weigh. And on weekends and holidays and all throughout May, you'll always be wrong no matter what you say! (Please tell me that you know who I'm quoting!)
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Delthion

I am neither a grammar Nazi nor an unlearned imbecile. But I must stand here! For the pikes must be together by the rising the moon! ;D ;D

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

lullz all ur thread r belong 2 us nao
« Subject to editing »