Non-Badgers with the Bloodwrath

Started by Nightfire, September 15, 2011, 05:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

Dannflor was a squirrel, not a mouse!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Coobreedan

Quote from: Nightfire on September 19, 2011, 07:08:23 PM
I think he gets enraged by it once in Redwall, maybe. I think he definitely goes into it in Mattimeo.

I can't remember it in Redwall, and I haven't seen it in Mattimeo yet. AND TAT'S NOT FAIR! *Eyes go red* I'M GONNA KILL YOU 'COS YOU'VE READ THAT BIT AND I'VE NOT! AAAAAAAAAARGH!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

Don't forget that I killed an adder five times my size and made a vest, gauntlets, and belt out of it.  ::)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

James Gryphon

QuoteDon't forget that I killed an adder five times my size and made a vest, gauntlets, and belt out of it. ::)
Try to stay on topic, please. Fan fiction and role-playing is to be done in their respective forums.

---

I read Mattimeo, and the closest thing I can think of to Bloodwrath that Matthias gets into is when he sees or hears his son, in the middle of the battle underground, and begins to tear through the vermin horde to get to him... but I don't think that is exactly "Bloodwrath", since it's brought on by positive emotions, not negative ones.
« Subject to editing »

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Coobreedan on September 22, 2011, 06:20:40 PM
I met humans with Bloodrath. ;D
My religion book "The Bronze Bow" talked about how this boy, Daniel, got bloodwrath when he was around the Romans. They didn't call it "bloodwrath", but they said stuff like:
"The blood rushed up to his eyes"
Something along that line.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

brocka

As far as travelling companions of opposite genders, remember Bragoon and Sarobando in Loamhedge? This is slightly off-topic, I know. Just refreshing the old memory!

Dotti

Quote from: brocka on September 22, 2011, 09:53:19 PM
As far as travelling companions of opposite genders, remember Bragoon and Sarobando in Loamhedge? This is slightly off-topic, I know. Just refreshing the old memory!
True, but I think Dandin and Mariel were the only male/female traveling duo of the same species, and thus the only two that *could* have gotten married. 
Back on topic, I wonder if any vermin ever had the bloodwrath?  Or is it only reseved for good beasts in a jam??? 
Also, I wonder how a  badger without the bloodwrath would fare against, say, a squirrel with it.   
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Coobreedan

Quote from: Dotti on September 23, 2011, 02:27:20 AM
Quote from: brocka on September 22, 2011, 09:53:19 PM
I wonder how a  badger without the bloodwrath would fare against, say, a squirrel with it.   

The badger would die, and the squirrel would be very injured.

Log-a-Log

I'd pick the badger over the squirrel
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

DanielofRedwall

Badgers are a lot more powerful then squirrels in Redwall, bloodwrath or no bloodwrath. The badger would win. I want to see what James thinks, though!
Received mostly negative reviews.

James Gryphon

Well, the gender and specs of the badger do matter -- whether it's a male or a female badger, for instance, and their age, since a very old badger, like Bella of Brockhall in Outcast of Redwall, or Cregga in Taggerung, is naturally going to be a less effective fighter than a younger one.

The same with the squirrels -- there's a range of them, from that squirrel that a certain forum member likes ;), to Felldoh (who I always perceived as having Bloodwrath), even to Rakkety Tam, albeit briefly.

In general I would say that the badger should win anyway, but it really depends on what badger and what squirrel it is, so it'd help if the question was a bit less generalized. ;)
« Subject to editing »

Coobreedan

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on September 25, 2011, 05:54:30 AM
Badgers are a lot more powerful then squirrels in Redwall, bloodwrath or no bloodwrath. The badger would win. I want to see what James thinks, though!
But remember, Boar was killed by rats!

James Gryphon

True, but it was an army of rats.

For comparison, Graypatch's crew on Darkqueen, and thus probably the rest of Gabool's fleet, had about a hundred rats a ship. Rawnblade, Boar's great-great-great-grandson, effortlessly killed an entire crew of one of them, so based off of that it seems likely to me that a badger can kill a hundred rats, at least under certain conditions.

Now, Bloodwake was one of the largest ships in the entire series. Ripfang is like what Gabool might have been if he never stopped sailing; the book describes a massive horde surrounding Salamandastron. Martin also said that if all the rats stood in line, it would still take the heroes all season to kill them. For the sake of argument, and considering the large size of the slave crew, let's say that there were three or four hundred rats onboard. And these weren't just some random rats either; it was the crew of one of the most notorious and successful pirate ships that ever sailed.

That's a huge and a dangerous army; losing to them isn't really disgraceful.
« Subject to editing »

Nightfire

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on September 20, 2011, 10:04:09 AM
Dannflor was a squirrel, not a mouse!

Oops!!! Sorry, I changed that right away.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.