News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders XVI

Started by Mhera, July 06, 2015, 06:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amber

Oh awesome Overlady, I find it odd how the others never tell the whole of what happened. I, on the other hand, shall. First of all, the reason I wasn't working at first was because I wasn't feeling well. The reason? Skye had given me spoiled chicken for breakfast. Even though I questioned the safety of such an item, she said it was "totally alright". Now I realize that it indeed was not, and that it was the reason I was sick. However, after a while, I started to feel better.

Skye says that I didn't help, but she is wrong. The C-5's paint had been totally scratched, so I had taken it upon myself to re-paint it. However, Russa was being quite annoying. She kept insisting on the fact that a tomato was a vegetable, not a fruit. This triggered a terrible attack of OCD because she didn't seem to understand the fact that it was a fruit.
I was simply trying to correct her. She knows I have OCD, too. It's all her fault I didn't get any work done.

Also, when Russa first said that she had done something evil, I thought she was joking, and simply played along.

Skyblade

"If I hadn't cleaned the ship as thoroughly as I had, it wouldn't have survived. Izeroth and James let in some bugs in the C-5; I have no idea why. They would have destroyed the plane, but good thing I was prepared again. I knew that those bugs hate clean environments. So I cleaned the plane a lot, and the bugs ran away. I know for a fact that the bugs would have destroyed the C-5 if I hadn't. I saved it, Overlady.

As for the spoiled chicken, I actually didn't know it was spoiled, which is why I told Amber it was okay. I had noticed we had run out of food, and graciously offered to buy some for us. Sage and Søren recommended a store, and I followed their directions exactly and got food from there. I now realize that that store was bad - the soup I ate that morning, which I also got from the store, made me very sick. I didn't know about the poisoned food. I was just going off Sage and Soren's recommendation. Even rrrrr said the store was a good one."

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jukka the Sling

Overlady, the reason I threw water at the hovercraft and then shot at it with a bazooka was because it was painted camo and said clearly on the side in large white letters "White October Group".  Now, the hovercraft had never been like this before, and in addition to this, everyone knows that White October is a dangerous gang of drug smugglers who wouldn't think twice about blowing us up.  Therefore, I short-circuited the anti-projectile field and shot at them, all in a valiant attempt to preserve our lives.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Izeroth

I only let the bugs in the C-5 because Gryphon told me to; his exact words were, "Let the bugs in, Izeroth, or hundreds of people will die." I was skeptical of his motives, but I trusted that Gryphon wouldn't lie to me outright. Apparently, I was wrong. Perhaps Gryphon can explain why he chose to almost ruin the mission.

Søren

As for this "White October" group, I've never heard of them until now. Maybe they were trying to frame you, oh great one. But I had no involvement in their schemes.

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

I would just like to point out Jukka's incompetence in not realizing the hovercraft was the very one that her comrades were traveling in.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jukka the Sling

Oh Overlady, I thought I should add that, just after shooting at the hovercraft and damaging it, James stuck his head out the window.  Upon seeing him, I was greatly confused, but of course I stopped shooting.  He suddenly pointed to the words saying "White October Group" and started using American Sign Language.  (He and I are both licensed ASL teachers.)  He signed to me, saying that "I am the one who painted this hovercraft camo and painted the letters on it.  Yes, I just became a member of White October.  I am going to convert Sage, Izeroth, Rrrrr, and Soren to my cause soon.  And I am saying all this of my own free will.  I am not lying, and no one told me to do this."

Needless to say, I was utterly shocked, and I told Skye and my sisters.  By then the hovercraft was nowhere to be seen, possibly because I had damaged it, but I'm not sure.

And I was not "incompetent".  White October always has the very latest in technology, and it wasn't too hard for me to believe at first that the hovercraft was actually theirs.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

Yes, yes, all very well, but didn't you recognize us?

Jukka the Sling

How could I recognize you guys when I couldn't even see you?  You were all inside the hovercraft, and it wasn't until James poked his head out the window that I realized.

Hickory

OOC: Uh, open top hovercraft? IDK

James Gryphon

"Jukka dear, I have just one question I'd like to pose to you: have you lost your mind?"

"Everybody knows that "White October Group" is the name for her Majesty's organization. Or at least, everybody who paid attention when they signed those membership forms." James paused for a moment to glare at Soren. "And I can't believe you would parrot back that North Korean propaganda about drug smuggling. Sure, most everyone in that country might "know" such lies about us, but the rest of the world knows better. Those pharmaceuticals we delivered to those villagers were perfectly safe, as her Majesty said. Are you calling her a liar?"

"Anyway... it's true that once we began our mission, nobody spoke (we were occupied listening to music on Izeroth's mePhone). That said, before our mission, the rest of the team had been moaning and complaining about the long drive to Linguino. After Soren mumbled something about being bored and forgetting the mission, Sage suggested that we do something together to promote team spirit. He thought we could paint the hovercraft in team colors and write our names on the side. This seemed to perk everyone else up, so, since it didn't seem to harm anything and we had some time before the mission, I did the paint job. I used solar-degradable paint I had bought earlier, so that the paint would harmlessly disappear after just a few short hours of sunlight, leaving the hovercraft in its natural state."

"As far as the bugs go, letting them inside the plane was indeed necessary to save lives. You see, these were no ordinary bugs, they were Alien Space Bugs. They were highly toxic and dripped corrosive acid from their feelers. If they were left alone, they would have, without fail, infested the place we were at, then infested the ocean, spread across the world, and killed all of humanity. Their one and only weakness was cleaning fluid, which eliminates their powers and turns them into ordinary house flies. It is true that, left unchecked, they could have eventually destroyed the plane. However, I knew that your Majesty's servants get things done, and that Sky or somebody else would use the cleaning fluid, which was only available on the plane, to end the bug threat to the world. In doing this, we saved all life on Earth."

"The only thing I'm not quite sure about is how these dangerous space bugs landed on our planet in the first place. I think rrrrr mentioned something about contacting aliens the other day. Maybe he'd know."
« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling

OOC:  I was the one who first described the hovercraft, and I said it had windows and that I couldn't see anyone inside otherwise.  So, I guess that's its official description from now on.
BIC:

The membership forms I signed were brought to me by Rrrrr, who said that by so doing he could save me the task of walking down to Overlady Mhera's office to acquire them.  This I found somewhat peculiar, but I accepted it without comment.  Upon receiving the forms from him, I noticed that something seemed slightly weird about the forms, because in one place it referenced a question that was nonexistent, but I supposed it was a typographical error.  Everything else about the forms checked out, and Rrrrr has never lied to me before, so I simply filled them out and signed them.  Rrrrr came back a short time later and took the forms away, saying he would deliver them to the office for me.  About this time, he mentioned that "there's a dangerous drug smuggling gang called White October.  You should watch out for them."  I was grateful for the intel and thanked him.

So, therefore, it seems apparent that Rrrrr edited the forms to remove all mention of the secret White October organization for his own nefarious ends and deliberately gave me false information.

rrrrr

Whatever I told Jukka was told to me by the person who gave me the forms. That person was disguised as the Overlady , so it must be Amber, Russa, or Skye.

About the aliens, I think Gryphon knows more than me about them. He rambled off facts about the Alien Space Bugs, while I only know that he is trying to grow stuff on the Moon.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Skyblade

"I didn't give rrrrr any forms, and I have no idea what he is talking about. I had nothing to do with the hovercraft situation or what Jukka is talking about. I was too busy trying to work out how to get the C-5 back to the government instead of California, with limited success since everything had already been ruined anyway.

Jukka did tell me about the hovercraft thing, but I still didn't know about it. I was busy calling the government at the time, trying to work out why the C-5 went to Linguino instead of to them. Jukka rushed in and said something very quickly and incoherently; she must have been telling me about that, but I didn't catch what she said, Overlady. Anyway, by that point, it was all too late."

Skyblade

OOC: Accidental double post. Please ignore.