News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Arena II

Started by James Gryphon, July 29, 2015, 12:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrrrr

*Runs to second floor near the vending machine*
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Søren

*take soda*
*runs from commotion *

I'm retired from the forum

Faiyloe

Good good Soren is gone for now we can deal with him later. *Takes a closer look at the elevator to see if there is anyway I could disable it if I had to*
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

LT Sandpaw

*To stop Rrrr from getting away I cast out my fishing line trying to hook the back of his shirt so I can reel him back in*

"Catch him Dell don't let him get away!"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

*Chases Rrrrr and tries to tackle him.*
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

Ashenwyte runs through the lobby floor, setting tablecloth after tablecloth on fire. Before too long each one is alight. The nearby chairs and floor also catch, and the entire southeast-central part of the arena rapidly becomes a blazing inferno. (result: 10)
@Ashenwyte: You find yourself near the glass doors at the south side of the arena, on the observation deck. Some long rectangular tables, surrounded by chairs, are nearby.

@Skyblade: The fire is completely out of control. The floor in front of the front desk has caught on fire, and is spreading across the arena. Ashenwyte's recent effort at playing the firebug has also lit up much of the arena to the south of the platform. The fire in the north and in the south are spreading toward each other and will eventually encircle the platform. (result: 8)

Delthion attempts to smother rrrrr, but the latter throws him off and begins running towards the elevator. (result: 4) Sandpaw's quick throw, however, snags rrrrr's shirt. Running at full speed, rrrrr doesn't notice, and is thus surprised when he hits the end of the line. rrrrr loses his balance, but the fishing line breaks in the process. (result: 7) Delthion's tackle knocks him solidly to the floor. (result: 7)

@Faiyloe: You look inside the elevator. The inside walls are solid steel. Besides the buttons for the first and second floors, there's an "Independent Service" key slot.

A metal panel appears to have been bolted over the bottom of the control console. It doesn't look like it can be removed. (result: 4)
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

*Tries to smother Rrrr again.*
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Skyblade

*Murmuring* Pyromaniac. *Runs to Faiy* The fire on the first floor is out of control. The guys might try to escape to here, but...do you think we're even safe on the second floor? This smoke...

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Faiyloe

*Inspects the elevator call button out side the elevator* This is ridiculous is there a fire alarm which will set of the sprinklers. If push comes to shove we can escape to the pool. The ice won't do any good at this point... *blows up three balloons to stretch them out a bit and then letting the air out I stuff them with ice cubes*

Skyblade

True, I saw the fire alarm. *Grins strangely* But maybe if we're safe up here, and the fire spreads, the guys will burn on the first floor. After all, elevators aren't safe when there's a fire.

LT Sandpaw

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah! *Stares in shock at my broken line* Waves the pole now string-less and charges Rrrrr trying to smack him with my pole*

"You! Broke! My! Weapon!"

*Sees my hook still stuck in Rrrrr's shirt and after attempting to swat him a few times I jump on him to try and get my hook back*

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Faiyloe

elevators are not safe, but ladders are. *Grins*

Skyblade

Oops. Forgot about that. *Picks up ladder and puts it on the second floor, out of reach* There.

Faiyloe

Hey sky do you see anyplace where some one might have hidden an elevator key?

Skyblade

Hmm. *Stands roughly in the middle of the arena from the second floor on top of the bucket and looks around with binoculars in a 360 angle*