News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Arena II

Started by James Gryphon, July 29, 2015, 12:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrrrr

*runs away to the couches*
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

James Gryphon

Delthion attempts to attack rrrrr again, but this time the latter is ready and gives Delthy a good kick and push, knocking him down. (result: 3)
Sandpaw is more careful in rushing rrrrr, but doesn't have much more luck; rrrrr blocks the pole. Sandpaw does, however, retrieve his hook, which still has some line attached to it. (result: 6)
Smoke from the fire is spreading. All the combatants nearby cough violently.
rrrrr breaks away from the action and gets back in the sitting area.
@rrrrr: You see fire all to your west, north and south. Smoke is filling the room and starting to obscure your vision. It may not be safe to stay here much longer.

@Skyblade: The ice bucket isn't really built for standing on, but it manages to hold under your weight.

You're standing as close to the center of the arena as possible, on a walkway that runs roughly across the middle of each of the sides of the second floor.

The marble pillar on top of the platform is close by. You could almost reach out and touch it, if it weren't for the protective force field.

The smoke is flowing upwards and beginning to blur your view of the first floor, but you're able to get a better view of the pool from here. It looks as though something sparkly is underneath the water.

Some of the railing on the north side, near where you came from, looks very flimsy.

You see something red on the eastern wall of the second floor. It looks like a box. There's writing on it, but it's too small to read from here.

There are numerous doors along each wall. There are paper signs indicating that they are locked on each of them.
(result: 7)
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

*Gets off bucket* Faiy! Can you check out that red thing over there? *Points* It seems to be a box, and it has writing on it. It could mean something. In the meantime, I can't stand it. I need to check out that pool; there really might be something. *Uses binoculars to see if the pool area is dangerous*

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Faiyloe

*Starts coughing from the smoke* Are there any table cloths up here any kind of fabric we can use?
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Skyblade

(I thought the red box was on the second floor? ???)

There are tablecloths on the first floor but they may or may not be on fire *Uses binoculars to check that area*

Faiyloe

OOC:... XP Silly me I will change My last post.

BIC: *Runs back to the east wall and takes a closer look at the red box*

LT Sandpaw

*Growls as Rrrrr gets away but decides to deal with the much more dangerous problem*

"Dell we got to grab a bunch of cushions from the sofas and dip them into the pool so we can set up a fireproof barrier and wait this one out. Come on follow me!"

*I sprint over to where the couches are and start grabbing cushions off looking under them to see if anything is there* I notice Rrrrr standing nearby and shout over to him*

"Yo get over here and help us before we all burn alive, some moron has set the place on fire! We will have a temporary truce with you until the fire burns out, we got to take as many cushions as we can over to the pool!"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

"Just a minute!" *Runs over to the elevator, gets up to the second floor, pulls the fire alarm. Comes back down.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Skyblade

(Note: Elevators aren't supposed to be used when there's a fire in the building)

Lady Ashenwyte

*Attempts to sit on the tables*
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Faiyloe

OOC: The fire alarm was on the first floor north end of the arena. (Potentially above the desk)

Skyblade

OOC: And I doubt Del could do all that without getting caught/attacked by me and Faiy.

IC: (In the case Del makes it to the 2nd floor somehow with the elevator) *Throws bucket as his face and gets away from him*

Faiyloe

Sky, wait!... Del, temporary truce till this fire is put out and Ash is taken out? If this fire gets to out of hand there won't be anyone left to be the winner. We have the same objective.

Skyblade

*Thinking* Hmm...maybe.

Faiyloe

*Whispers to Sky though PM*

Edit: *Make that a whispered conference*