News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Mafia III

Started by Cornflower MM, August 11, 2015, 05:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you having fun?

Yes
6 (40%)
No
2 (13.3%)
I'm kinda dead. . . .
2 (13.3%)
I'm a bit dead at the moment, but I'm still having fun!
2 (13.3%)
This is fun to watch
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Gonff the Mousethief

I'm considering changing my vote to SaLt. Don't know yet.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Søren

Quote from: Skyblade on August 15, 2015, 02:34:16 AM
Soren and Mhera is debatable but not as popular

What's with the ship between us? I'd prefer to stay unshipped (no, seriously).

Anyway.

I'm feeling Sand. I'm not 100% yet, but I'm voting Sand for the time being. His weird comment about him and PoM was suspicious. Also, he is combat-oriented, and a fighter. His minimal explanation of his vote for Gonff is out of place. His aggression could make his the perfect Mafia.

And remember: These roles are hand picked by Corn. Who do you think she'd make Mafia?

I have a feeling Ash is at 2nd place for me. Then Gonff, Jet and Mhera.
I do not suspect Skyblade at this time. She just doesn't seem like Mafia.

I'm retired from the forum

Skyblade

For the record, I don't support Soren - Mhera. I was just making a point :P

I'm deliberating where to go from here.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

rrrrr

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on August 15, 2015, 06:18:42 AM
I'm considering changing my vote to SaLt. Don't know yet.

I think so too.  :) I vote Sandpaw.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Rusvul

...Ah. Shoot. I didn't notice that this thread existed, and as such didn't join in time. Oops. Oh well.

Lady Ashenwyte

Changing my vote to Sandpaw.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

LT Sandpaw

Your making a mistake.... neither me nor PoM Are mafia, my explanation would work either way whether I am civilian or mafia, I would like to participate longer but unfortunately it looks like I will not be going on.

My explanation is this,

Upon looking back at my past posts and reading the story I knew right off the bat I would be a very suspicious figure, and I was right immediately the other players were thinking that me and PoM were guilty, so I voted PoM so as to institute that at least one of us was not guilty, (Why would the mafia vote to take each other out it makes no sense) It worked for a while however then other people started voting for PoM too. SO I let slip... that I thought Sky was guilty and what do you know people started going after Sky, but they were still tracking PoM so I made my last attempt, unfortunately it was bungled and now I face death.

Though I had other reasons for blaming PoM as well, when I did I noticed that he didn't turn around and shoot the blame back at me and instead went after someone else, I was assured he was most likely not Maia from that. My third reasoning is that it made me look like a rookie player for just going without any reason "ya that guy is guilty" and hopefully less of a future mafia target. Another reason is if I immediately went after my suspected mafia players Skyblade, Ashenwyte I would been seen as mafia for going after Sky, because besides being the most influential player she is a prime mafia target, anyone blaming her would been seen as mafia.

All for not.

I change my vote to Skyblade

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Skyblade

I'm trying to puzzle out that paragraph.

Why do you think I'm Mafia, Sand?

By the way, I'm keeping my vote on Mhera for now. Still deciding who to vote...

Cornflower MM

. . . . . . Good grief, guys. If you keep changing your votes, I might end up changing that rule. Y'all got me utterly confused. I think I've got it figured out, though.

So, Ash and Jet are voting out Sand, Sand is voting out Skye, Skye is voting out Mhera, and Gonff is voting out Ash?

Mhera

Quote from: Skyblade on August 15, 2015, 04:05:00 AM
There are plenty of legitimate reasons why I wouldn't be killed at Night besides being Mafia.
Such as...?

And why do you think I'm Mafia?

I can actually see Sand's reasoning here. The Mafia is more than one player, so Sand could have been, as a citizen, just trying to distance himself from everyone else by accusing the person he was paired with in the story. If I'm not mistaken, eight people in the story were paired up, so it's tempting to automatically assume that one of those groups is the Mafia. However, I suspect that these pairings were just part of the clue about who the Cupid couple was and nothing more, because Soren, rrrrr, and Ash were left solo.

Skyblade

Mhera and company, I explained twice why the Mafia could have chosen not to kill me. I don't know why Mhera feels the need to ask me again when I answered her earlier.

Quote from: Skyblade on August 15, 2015, 02:34:16 AM
QuoteThat's why I also suspect Sky; she's good and we all know it, so why wasn't she killed first?

I can answer that. I'm not trying to brag: it's fact that I have more experience than most people here, and I play hardcore. Everyone knows that. The Mafia knows that the Medic knows that. I think they were too scared to attack me since I was likely to be saved.

Quote from: Skyblade on August 15, 2015, 03:58:47 AM
I already explained why the Mafia might have chosen not to kill me.

In reality (and this is information I got from the Mafia forum), it's not good to vote someone using evidence of who was killed at Night. I think the Mafia was smart enough to not kill me. 1) The Medic could save me, since I'm a big target. 2) Leaving me alive makes me look more suspicious.

Please, for the sake of this game, don't suspect just because I wasn't killed at Night. Using night actions for evidence isn't good unless you're experienced enough to do it (I read this in a Mafia wiki).

Right now, my vote is on you because I'm still making a decision here.

These story clues are driving me crazy. I feel like I'll interpret something as a clue and then it'll be nothing; meanwhile, the real clue will be hiding among the lines.

Mhera

Oh, okay, sorry about that. It's just I read "plenty" and thought that you had more reasons than the two you'd already listed :P

Skyblade

Oh. Sorry, I'm just kind of annoyed people keep suspecting me. This always happens, even if I'm Town :( And sorry if I offended you and Soren. I really don't ship you two at all, I was just pointing out a possibility.

THOUGHTS
Rrrrr posted once only to say he agrees with something. Not sure I like that. He could be busy, but still keeping it in mind.
Less suspicious of Gonff and Sand.
I see Gonff's point on Ash as valid, and I don't have much to go on.

Mhera

Well, trust no one ;) And no offense taken.