News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Mafia III

Started by Cornflower MM, August 11, 2015, 05:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you having fun?

Yes
6 (40%)
No
2 (13.3%)
I'm kinda dead. . . .
2 (13.3%)
I'm a bit dead at the moment, but I'm still having fun!
2 (13.3%)
This is fun to watch
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Skyblade

KILL THE MAFIA!!! THEY WILL NEVER WIN! EVER!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Søren

...and James isn't even a Pat fan...

I'm retired from the forum

Gonff the Mousethief

I am just going to say what I thought because I have a chance of being first kill. I chose Ash because he was the only one who had not logged in when Cornflower sent the Pms. A) He could have not see that he a Mafia, or B) He could just be a citizen, but he had been acting a little strange. I'll leave it at that.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Skyblade

I like that thinking, Gonff, and I really hope you're not Mafia.

Ash is being a bit strange.

Cornflower MM

It would have been an ordinary day in a small hotel in a small town in Philadelphia. . . . Except the eleven people who had gathered in the lobby and were all in a big clump of hugs and introductions. "Mhera! It's great to actually meet you!" A young teen was saying excitedly, pumping an older girl's hand up and down excitedly. She laughed, "It's nice to meet you too, Del." She replied.

In a different part of the group, an older girl was smiling and watching everyone else. "Hello, I'm Jet." She turned around and found herself facing a boy around her age. She smiled, "Hi, Jet. I'm Skyblade." All around, similar introductions were taking place; some crazy (Like Mhera and Del's); some calmer (Like the one we just witnessed between Jet and Skye). Captain Rocktree and Eulaliaaa! were eying each other across the group shyly (they'd been the first two there) and Gonff and Sandy were deep in a conversation about. . . . Something. The others were milling around, talking to each other, breaking up other people's conversations. . . Pretty much behaving like they were in the Cellars.

Soon someone suggested that they bring their stuff up to their rooms, and the message was relayed around the group until no one could remember who first said it. Since this was a small hotel, in a small town, there was three levels - And no elevator. Eul's and Skyblade's room was on the top floor, and when she voiced that, with a sigh, Cap'n Rocky offered to help her with her suitcase. With a shy smile, she agreed. They split off from the group after depositing Rock's suitcase the room he was sharing with Rrrrr on the first floor, starting to talk about Secret Forum Crush?, so they didn't notice someone following them up the stairs.

Unsuspecting, Cap'n Rock and Eul were just opening the door to the stairs when a shadowy figure leaped out and grabbed Eul, covering her mouth so she couldn't scream. "HEY! What are-? Leave her alone!" Rock shouted, leaping at the figure. Startled, the figure turned, loosing its grip. Eul wiggled away, her eyes wide with fear. The figure hit Rock on the head and flung him down the stairs, and then advanced on the shocked Eu. Grabbing her feet, the figure pushed her down the stairs as well, after slipping something into her hand. The figure then casually walked past the people it had murdered, and rejoined the group. No one had ever noticed the figure's absence.

About fifteen minutes later, back in the lobby, Skyblade stood up. "Hey, what's taking Eul and Rock so long? Shouldn't they be back by now? I'm going to go check." She announced, heading for the stairs. Everyone followed, being curious about the two. When she saw the two bodies, Skye shrieked and pointed. "What?" Sandpaw asked, inching his way forward from the back of the group. "What's wrong?" Gonff asked a moment, following Sand. A moment later, they gasped. "What?!" Asked R, unable to take much more of the suspense. "It's Eul and Rock. They're. . . . Dead." Skye said in a voice barely above a whisper.

Everyone pressed around their friends. "Someone call the police!" Ash cried. "Hey, what's in her hand?" Mhera asked, pointing. Jet took it and read the the words on the sheet of paper:

They're the first. Don't worry, everyone will get their turn.

ROUND ONE (NIGHT) HAS ENDED WITH THE CUPID COUPLE, CAPTAIN ROCKTREE AND EULALIAAA!, DEAD.

THIS PIECE CONTAINS A TOTAL OF TWO (2) CLUES. ONE OF THEM IS UNNECESSARY, HOWEVER, UNLESS YOU'RE BLIND.

Søren

Intriguing. I'll post my analysis soon.

I'm retired from the forum

Eulaliaaa!

Darn it Rockliaaa!  >:(  ;D (goes and haunts Sky, who has been acting suspicious)
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Cornflower MM

Oh, dang, I forgot! THERE ARE TWO CLUES THERE: ONE OF WHICH WAS WHO WAS THE CUPID COUPLE. HOWEVER, THAT WAS RATHER UNNECESSARY.

Skyblade

For the record, I predicted that they would be the Cupid Couple. Anyway I'm sorry about that, Eul and Rock :( I know how it feels :P

Now, DON'T get me wrong. We shouldn't rely too much on the clues in the story. The reason is that a story can be interpreted many different ways, so it's not the most reliable source of evidence. HOWEVER. This is jumping out at me:

Quote from: Cornflowerand Gonff and Sandy were deep in a conversation about. . . . Something

Oh, were they? How interesting. What in the world could this something have been other than...you know?

QuoteWhen she saw the two bodies, Skye shrieked and pointed. "What?" Sandpaw asked, inching his way forward from the back of the group. "What's wrong?" Gonff asked a moment, following Sand.

Sand was at the back, as if trying to hide. Then he goes forward for some reason. Gonff follows Sand.

Notable pair we have here.

I vote for Sand. My vote is susceptible to change, though.

Discuss.

Jetthebinturong

That makes sense. Sand, Gonff and Mhera are my current suspects. Why Mhera? Because she pointed out the paper in Eul's hand.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Gonff the Mousethief

Not Cap'n! Very well written story Cornflower! My bet is still on Ash though.

@Sky: Me and SaLt can have conversations about more things that killing people. Plus, I an never one to go first in something, so following SaLt would be a smart move knowing him. What about you and Jet?  ;)

On Ash though, he called the Police, meaning may be the detective. Still though, he is my suspect still.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Skyblade

Hmm. That's the thing about using the stories for evidence. The stories can be misleading.

That's why we need to not rely on them too much.

Anyway:

Mhera pointed out the note - suspect
Ash was quick to call the police - I don't think this means anything, to be honest

I still think it might be Sand though, for hiding in the back of the group. His earlier posts were all "Mafia don't try to kill me!" They could have been an act.

Hmm. Gonff-Sand conversation could have meant something else. We need to think this through.

Cornflower MM

*giggles* This is fun!

Skyblade

I'm thinking about Gonff-Sand. It seems like too obvious a clue...Hmm. It's not out of my head, though. Not at all.

Okay. Changing my vote to Mhera.

In case you're wondering why I keep voting, it's because this is how we do it on the Mafia forum.

Mhera and Del were having a "crazy conversation" earlier.

Mhera is smart, and her earlier posts in this thread could have been a ploy to make us think she is Innocent.

Del's posts have been nothing but spam/Cellar stuff, which don't help the investigation. He also started accusing Soren for no reason. Even if he was joking, I find it suspicious that he's pushing Soren in the spotlight. He has not convinced me he's not Mafia.

Mhera is the one to point out the note.

Cornflower MM

Alrighty, that is a total of. . . One vote. For Mhera.