Is Redwall as safe as they say it is? (Role-play thread)

Started by Ashleg, September 02, 2015, 03:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the vermin meet the Redwallers?

Yeah!!
Not yet...When we're further into the roleplay. c:

Ashleg

"Redwall has never fallen before." Mixy retorted. "If they use us as bargaining chips so be it. I'll die if it means Redwall gets to stay in good paws." She turned to face Bimble. "And my father loves me very much."

--

Vadoma scampered out across the deck, leaving Rapshade to himself...Or so he thought.
The ferret turned his back to the door and pulled out the cloth from before, coughing up blood. "Aghh...I can't believe myself. Every day it gets so much harder to h--"
"Cap'n?"
Rapshade whirled around, eyes wide and frightened. It was Fangfang.
"Who're ye talkin' to, Cap'n? And what's that on the rag..?"
Rapshade gritted his teeth. "I'm not talking t' anybeast...And this, it's...Sauce?" That didn't sound convincing at all. He didn't even look like he had been eating.
Lucky for him, this rat was Fangfang, the dumb one.
"Oh, right, Cap'n, hope ya enjoyed yer snack. I was jus' wonderin' where Tinygut is...Me an' him are mateys, y'know."

Hickory

Jetfur smirked as he walked away from Slatooth and Blackclaw. Idiots.

Whap!

The rat slid on the soapy deck like a dirty Dibbun on a greased pole. He slid all the way across the patch and was flung toward the railing. His stomach hit it and he did a flip over it. Only his quick wits and fast paws did he manage to grab the railing before falling in the river below.

Hauling himself over the railing, Jetfur checked the deck before stumping over to the culprits. "Why, yew insolent fools!" He reached for his whip.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: If it does come to a fight lets not have them killing each other.

BIC:

Both steersrat and weasel doubled up laughing hysterically at Jetfur's near dip in the river. Only stopping when the big rat stomped over to them. Jetfur's reputation as a fighter wasn't something to be sneezed at, but the two pirates felt themselves more then a match to the lone slave driver.

"Trouble walkin' mate?" Blackclaw wheezed slightly out of breath from his laughter. Saltooth did a imitation of Jetfur sliding waving his paws about crazily.

"Wah I'm fallin' 'elp, 'elp!" Both ceased their antics as the rat reached for his whip. Blackclaw straightened up laying a paw on his cutlass hilt while Saltooth did the same with the sword of Martin. "Be needen somthin' mate?" The steersrat asked dangerously, eyes glinting."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Bimble snorted before looking away muttering about foolish dibbuns. Bracklew looked at Mixy, still feeling as if he wasn't worthy of being in her presence. She was a strong brave creature, a true Redwaller. He was a coward, a worthless nothing.

"What do we do then Mixy?" He asked attentively.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Jetur wasn't a fool either, he might be able to hold his own but the sword Saltooth had was obviously dangerous. The rat used his furled whip to nudge Saltooth's chin, like a grandmother might to to a child. He smiled sadistically. "Those teeth look to be in pretty bad shape, mate. Do that again and I might have to knock a few of 'em out." He walked away to the slave deck.

Ashleg

Mixy bit lightly on her paw. "Errr...Let me ask that guy. Hey, Bimble, has anybeast who was a slave ever escaped this ship?"

--

"Oh, you were?" Rapshade the Swift grabbed Fangfang by the arm and led him out, shutting the door behind them. The ferret's eyes glittered dangerously as he stared down at the yellow-furred searat.
"What a pity, I killed him while you were lazing around this ship."
"No I never!" Fang's eyes started to water. Rapshade let him go.
Fangfang backed up and ran away. "Wahaaaa, Cap'n, no, I can't believe you would do that!"

LT Sandpaw

The mouse slave looked back at Mixy, his brow knit into a slight frown. "So now ye want my help, eh little missy?" He scratched at his ears clinking his chains. "Well yer lucky I'm in a fergivin' mood. Now lets see anybeast that escaped." His gaze turned thoughtful, and a faraway look came into his eyes.

"Aye somebeast did escape, a otter named Creekpaw. She got away, 'er friend who tried escapin' with 'er, wasn't so lucky. 'E was whipped ter death. But got away she did."

"How?" Bracklew asked unable to contain himself.

"Well, th' mouse, Quimble was 'is name broke 'is thumbs so 'e could slip 'is paws though the manacles. Then he got a dagger fr'm somewhere n' let Creekpaw out. They left the rest o' us because they figured it'd be 'arder ta get away with so many. Then we 'eard some shoutin' on th' deck n' later they dragged Quimble down 'ere. Quimble shouted somethin' 'bout Creekpaw bringin' back 'elp because she got away, but it never came. She probably died on th' sea... An' because 'is thumbs were broken Quimble couldn't row..." Bimble made a gesture with his paws across his throat and winked.

Ashleg

At first, Mixy was at a loss for words. How had she forgotten about that?
Suddenly every sad detail of Creekpaw's death came back to her.
"O-oh....Creekpaw. Sh-she...died, today..." The haremaid stammered. "Rapshade grabbed me, and B-Bracklew called for help...So she and the Abbey Warrior came running out. Th-they were killed...By the vermin."

"Well start believing." Said Rapshade with a smirk.

LT Sandpaw

"By me." Bracklew corrected putting his head in his paws. "I called for help, I was the one who killed Brandon and Creekpaw." A harsh laugh came from Bimble which woke up his rowing partner. But the mouse ignored the hedgehog's grumbling and leaned towards Mixy.

"Imagine that, escaping an' makin' it ta Redwall. Only ta be killed by Rapshade later on. That's wot I call irony." His ears twitched and he glanced over his shoulder towards the stairs. "Jetfur is returnin', lay low n' pretend ta be asleep." The mouse warned before following his own advice. Seeing every other awake slave doing the same Bracklew sat back looking at his friend with confused eyes.

"Mix, I practically murdered Brandon and Creekpaw." He whispered. "How is it you can still speak to me? How can you still look at me after what I have done?"

Ashleg

"That's because 'tis not your fault, Brack!" Mixy snapped. "You were getting attacked, and you called for help like anybeast sensible would do. Rapshade is the only one to blame for this. If he hadn't kidnapped us, you wouldn't have had to call for Brandon, and those vermin wouldn't have killed them. That ferret told them to attack and that is what they did. Creekpaw and Brandon weren't being very careful, either. The sooner you realize this the better...Don't let this haunt you."

Hickory

Jetfur heard the tailend of what Mixy said as he entere the slave deck. "Yew! Shaddup! You don't talk down here." He unfurled his whip and raised it to strike at the offender.

Ashleg

Mixy's eyes twinkled with the light of rebellion.
"Oh, is that so, wot wot? Then why are you talking down here, fatty?"

Hickory

The rat leaned in close, his teeth bared. "Because I'm the boss down here. Let's put it this way, shall we? I'm the cook with the bowl of vegetables. Once you get all rotten, like the pair you replaced, I throw you out. I'm in charge, y'hear? One more word and it's double the lashes!"

Ashleg

"Well then throw me out, 'cuz I'm rotten!" Mixy growled, folding her ears back angrily.
She leaned forward, too, until their noses were touching.
"Just you wait 'till my dad heard about this. You'll be deader then a stone."

Hickory

Jetfur smirked. "And yore dad'll attack a ship with fourscore crew single-handed, eh?"

Ashleg

Mixy narrowed her eyes.
"Not alone he won't. We have friends where I come from."