News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Something Random About Yourself.

Started by Nightfire, September 22, 2011, 03:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

He's pretty cool. I know he duels with broadswords and occasionally participates in LARP (Live Active RolePlay) battles.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

Now I need to meet him. Is he in the SCA?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

Ooh. LARP is cool.

'Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lighting bolt! Lightning bolt!'

Please tell me someone else is enough of a geek to get the reference... *Crosses fingers*

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

Uh, yeah. News flash. Surely you'd noticed?

The Skarzs

A little hard not to.

And it is apparent I did not get that reference.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

It's from a youtube video with a kid throwing tennis balls and shouting "Lightning bolt" over and over
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on December 22, 2014, 06:02:42 AM

@Mask: I think the expectation of girls to be 'girly' and guys to be 'manly' is stupid. Maybe at some point it was helpful, but it is no longer.

Yes it is stupid. I'm sick and tired of people staring at me in shock when I say I don't like shopping, hardly ever wear jewelry (Unless I make it myself, then I'll wear it for a time.), that I won't own a dress OR a skirt, etc. etc.

Wylder Treejumper

I put Cayenne Pepper in my oatmeal. It started when I was little and read about Skipper eating hotroot in his, and I just got used to it. So now whenever I eat oatmeal around anyone they think I am insane.  ;D
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Cornflower MM on December 22, 2014, 03:40:31 PM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on December 22, 2014, 06:02:42 AM

@Mask: I think the expectation of girls to be 'girly' and guys to be 'manly' is stupid. Maybe at some point it was helpful, but it is no longer.

Yes it is stupid. I'm sick and tired of people staring at me in shock when I say I don't like shopping, hardly ever wear jewelry (Unless I make it myself, then I'll wear it for a time.), that I won't own a dress OR a skirt, etc. etc.

Gender roles and stereotypes need to be abolished

Wylder Treejumper

Woah, that is a bit strong there. Gender roles are there for a reason. In general, each gender falls into a set of characteristics, and because of that some genders are better at performing roles than others.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on December 22, 2014, 03:58:03 PM
I put Cayenne Pepper in my oatmeal. It started when I was little and read about Skipper eating hotroot in his, and I just got used to it. So now whenever I eat oatmeal around anyone they think I am insane.  ;D
Ya think?

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on December 22, 2014, 03:59:57 PM
Gender roles and stereotypes need to be abolished
No they do not.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on December 22, 2014, 04:08:37 PM
Woah, that is a bit strong there. Gender roles are there for a reason. In general, each gender falls into a set of characteristics, and because of that some genders are better at performing roles than others.

Yes, each gender is generally better suited to some roles however the societal expectations that they should do them is wrong, if someone does not want to do something, they should not have to nor should they be expected to. I'm not saying there is no merit to gender roles, I'm saying that people should be allowed to do whatever they want and not just conform to society's expectations. It is just easier for society to not have those expectations at all.

Rusvul

I'm not sure I have any unique insight here, but I must say, I agree with you entirely, Jet. Well said.

Maudie

Beware of young male cousins bearing foam swords and nerf guns.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3