News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Something Random About Yourself.

Started by Nightfire, September 22, 2011, 03:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

What are you talking about? This forum either loves it or hasn't read it. Seriously, I've seen one negative comment about it, bar yours
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

I'm not a Percy Jackson fanatic, perhaps I can be of help.

It's a good book series, definitely worth reading if you care at all. The main idea behind the books is that all the greek gods are still alive, and sometimes they and their (Modern) demigod children have to fight wars against monsters. The story centers around Percy Jackson, a son of Poseidon, for the first five books, as he fights off Titans in a massive war, and becomes a hero.

The second five books are based around the idea that the Roman gods exist also, and that they are one and the same as the Greek gods- Different aspects, same gods. So a son of Zeus and a son of Jupiter would be slightly different in their abilities, powers, and personalities. In the first few of the second five books, the story centers around a son of Jupiter, Jason something. (I don't remember his last name, I don't think Jason was a very memorable character) It then (If I'm not mistaken) centers around both Jason and Percy, as well as the rest of the cast, and they do stuff. Having not read very much of the last five books, I couldn't tell you.

I wouldn't call the characters spectacular, but most of them are pretty distinct. While the way it uses Greek and Roman mythology may not be entirely original, it is one of the few times I've seen mythological/modern fiction done well (The other being The Alchemyst, by Michael Scott- Which is very good) I think if you have a library and some spare time, you should read them.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

How dare you?!? Jist to get an even 2000?!?
;D

I'm retired from the forum

Tiria_Wildlough

I colored my hair red with Koolaid, and it stayed in for a year. Haha...my hair smelled like strawberries that whole time.

Rainshadow

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 16, 2015, 03:26:32 PM
Sent a message to myself. :P
Quote from: Soren the Warrior on January 16, 2015, 03:35:39 PM
;D

I send messages to myself all the time.  Usually I send myself pictures, songs, plot ideas, information on characters, and all sorts of other stuff.  My inbox is like a journal to me.  :P

Oh, look, I posted a random fact without even trying!  My inbox is like a journal to me.  Boom.  I'm awesome.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Russa Nodrey

Just got home from the dentist, no cavities. Yay!
Freddy

The Skarzs

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on January 16, 2015, 03:35:39 PM
;D
No, I got 2000 before I sent one to myself. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

I've been playing a waltz on the piano for about a year.  I hate this waltz now.  I don't even know who wrote it, but it's very infuriating, 'cause you have to stretch your hands to the absolute limit (AKA an octave or more) to play all the chords.  NEARLY EVERY NOTE IS A CHORD THAT STRETCHES AN OCTAVE.  This waltz is also what I like to call an "angry" waltz, as it's in a minor key and is fortissimo for the majority of the piece.  It's also fast.  Very fast.

Sooo... yeah, I hate that waltz.  I'm so sick and tired of it, but I haven't been able to pass it.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Tiria_Wildlough on January 16, 2015, 03:52:20 PM
I colored my hair red with Koolaid, and it stayed in for a year. Haha...my hair smelled like strawberries that whole time.
It stayed in for a whole year? Wow.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tiria_Wildlough

Maudie

O____O My parents would never let me do that. Also, I would go for blue instead. ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Tiria_Wildlough

Quote from: Mask on January 16, 2015, 09:52:14 PM
O____O My parents would never let me do that. Also, I would go for blue instead. ;D

Hahaha, my mom was the one who did it!!!

Maudie

Wait a sec, your hair smelled like strawberries?

Like BELLA SWAN!?!?!

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

James Gryphon

Technically, I think it would have smelled like sugar, fructose, citric acid, red dye #40, and natural and artificial flavors.

I actually had a dream that included a forum member earlier.
« Subject to editing »