News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens *SPOILER ALERT*

Started by Wylder Treejumper, December 24, 2015, 06:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your opinion of Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens?

It was far better than I had imagined
11 (55%)
It was mostly the movie I had expected and wanted
7 (35%)
Meh...
1 (5%)
I'd rather be stuck in a car with Jar-Jar for 2 hours
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Vilu Daskar

You're welcome Jukka.

Wylder, Jedi can't have kids, it goes against their Jedi thing.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Gonff the Mousethief

Luke was the last Jedi though, so no one was stopping him.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Hickory

Quote from: Groddil on December 25, 2015, 10:14:10 PM
Quote from: Jetthebinturong on December 25, 2015, 12:15:14 PM
Stormtroopers are normal people. If they didn't have feelings, I'd be disturbed.

At least as of this movie, anyway. The Rebels probably destroyed the cloning facility on Kamino, which would mean they'd have to start recruiting normal people.

^Poll

What's so bad about Jar-Jar?

I am going to get so much hate for this.
If you've ever played Battlefront 2, the 501st headed to Kamino with Boba Fett because the Kaminoans rebelled. They had a seperate clone force that fought against the Empire (unti; theyw ere all killed and the cloning samples were destroyed). Hence, the Empire had to recruit normal people (all humans) (with the exception of Admiral Thrawn, which is EU)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Wylder Treejumper

Conscription would be more accurate. Kaminoan cloning was obsolete by the end of the Clone Wars, and Spartii cloning produced unstable troopers with limited "shelf life", so Imperial Stormtroopers were taken from their families at birth and totally indoctrinated in Imperial and human supremacist ideas. The First Order would, I assume, do the same. Such extensive programming makes it unlikely for any defectors to occur in the first place, and very unlikely to be able to execute a defection of such magnitude as FN-2187's (Finn).

As for Jar-Jar, he's just an annoying blabbermouth.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

LT Sandpaw

Or is Jar Jar a secret Sith Lord pretending to be a fool...

We may never know...

As for Finn's defection it was clear one of his friends died right before he started having mutinous ideas. (The one that put a bloody handprint on his helmet.) Also it is possible he is force sensitive just not on the level Ray is, making him more resistant to the brainwashing of the First Order. This is BTW just speculation on my part.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Gonff the Mousethief

Well, he was a janitor for the First Order, and the scene we see was his first mission. I guess then it hit him when they had to kill innocent people.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Wylder Treejumper

Indeed. Speaking of which, I think this is probably the first movie I've seen with a janitor as a hero.

Regardless of what anyone says about the movie, the soundtrack is, of course, amazing (Thank you, John Williams). I actually got that for a Christmas present, so now I've been listening to it non-stop for the past 5 hours.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Hickory

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on December 26, 2015, 12:14:28 AM
Conscription would be more accurate. Kaminoan cloning was obsolete by the end of the Clone Wars, and Spartii cloning produced unstable troopers with limited "shelf life", so Imperial Stormtroopers were taken from their families at birth and totally indoctrinated in Imperial and human supremacist ideas. The First Order would, I assume, do the same. Such extensive programming makes it unlikely for any defectors to occur in the first place, and very unlikely to be able to execute a defection of such magnitude as FN-2187's (Finn).

As for Jar-Jar, he's just an annoying blabbermouth.
(I never meant to be accurate, just to let Sandpaw know what I remember. [I hate being a nerd, but not being enough of a nerd to get nerdy things right])

Groddil

Wasn't the EU no longer considered canon, because wouldn't Battlefront fit into it?

Also,

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on December 25, 2015, 10:17:12 PM
You're welcome Jukka.

Wylder, Jedi can't have kids, it goes against their Jedi thing.

Nah, that's the OLD Jedi order. Luke recognised that the system would never work, you'd have countless Anakins and brainwashing kids to fight for your cause from birth really isn't morally acceptable. Therefore when Luke established the new Jedi order he abolished all their rules about emotions and love and stuff...

...at least that's what happened in the EU. Movie canon is iffy.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

Quote from: Groddil on December 26, 2015, 01:14:54 AM
Wasn't the EU no longer considered canon, because wouldn't Battlefront fit into it?

Also,

Yeah. Exactly. The one problem I have with the EU being decolonized is that my favorite Jedi no longer exists.

Wylder Treejumper

^^ Who?

As for Jedi marrying, that is supposedly a rule of the Old Jedi Order, but probably 95% of the humans in the Old Jedi Order broke that rule. After all, it's pretty hard to be human without love. It's really part of the definition.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Groddil

Wylder Treejumper

-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Hickory

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on December 26, 2015, 02:36:09 AM
^^ Who?

As for Jedi marrying, that is supposedly a rule of the Old Jedi Order, but probably 95% of the humans in the Old Jedi Order broke that rule. After all, it's pretty hard to be human without love. It's really part of the definition.
Kyle Katarn, of course. 8)