News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens *SPOILER ALERT*

Started by Wylder Treejumper, December 24, 2015, 06:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your opinion of Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens?

It was far better than I had imagined
11 (55%)
It was mostly the movie I had expected and wanted
7 (35%)
Meh...
1 (5%)
I'd rather be stuck in a car with Jar-Jar for 2 hours
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Wylder Treejumper

Ah, but don't you know that Jar-Jar is actually an evil Sith Lord with the most developed mind-influencing powers ever seen in the Star Wars universe? Yes, it is really he, not Emperor Palpatine, who is the real evil in the series...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Izeroth

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on December 27, 2015, 01:18:35 AM
Ah, but don't you know that Jar-Jar is actually an evil Sith Lord with the most developed mind-influencing powers ever seen in the Star Wars universe? Yes, it is really he, not Emperor Palpatine, who is the real evil in the series...

Why, then, does Palpatine get to rule the Empire?

Rusvul

Quote from: Groddil on December 27, 2015, 01:09:47 AM
Then you aren't looking hard enough. You need to lock yourself in a room with nothing except a DVD player and a copy of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. Do not eat or drink for twelve days, do not sleep,[/i] simply watch the video over and over until all you can think about is the amazing Jar-Jar Binks.

Emphasis mine. This will kill you; 3 days is generally the limit of how long one can survive without water. Some have lived longer, 8-10 days, but twelve would almost certainly be your demise.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Izeroth on December 27, 2015, 01:23:36 AM

The original trilogy was filmed earlier. Also, search up the reddit theory about how he's evil. I would link it but there's swearing in the comments section.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Groddil

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on December 27, 2015, 02:28:34 AM

The original trilogy was filmed earlier. Also, search up the reddit theory about how he's evil. I would link it but there's swearing in the comments section.

Da Theories

I found the theory from reddit on a youtube video. Nothing seems bad in the comments here.

Eulaliaaa!

I saw The Force Awakens today... it was amazing! I'm disappointed with Kilo Ren, though. When he took off his mask, I was expecting some scarred, old warrior... not... whatever that was. He wasn't as cool after that :/

Also, I'm not sure that I liked Poe not being dead. I didn't dislike him. It's just that he was a minor character and it would have been better for him to have died and not appear all like "Yeah, I'm not dead... Surprise!"

Other than that, it was a very good movie and I would happily watch it again.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Jukka the Sling

When Kylo was about to take off his mask, I was hoping for some young and cuteish guy.  I wasn't disappointed. ;D  That... hair...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Groddil on December 27, 2015, 02:51:49 AM

Da Theories

I found the theory from reddit on a youtube video. Nothing seems bad in the comments here.

The comments in the reddit post have swearing in them.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Eulaliaaa!

Cute? Cute?! He's a Sith! They are NOT supposed to be cute!
Several people I was with actually said he was pretty (they also told me that someone my age should have thought he was cute. But I thought he looked anything but cute. And especially not intimidating, which was what he was supposed to be).
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Jukka the Sling

Who says that Sith have to be frightfully ugly all the time? ;D  And I think his apparent insecurity and lack of self-control make him interesting and set him apart from a lot of others.  And his youthfulness partly explains the mask - he's gotta be intimidating in some way.

Russa thought he was ugly, Amber thought he was somewhere in-between, and I think he's sort of... interesting-looking, but also cute in an unusual sort of way.  I think it depends on what stage of puberty you're in. :P  (Russa's the youngest out of us three.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

He should have been intimidating, but he is only an inexperienced Sith.

Jukka the Sling

But he seems to have great control of the Force...

Can we talk about that one major death scene, though... that hurt on so many levels.  It was so twisted. :(

Izeroth

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 27, 2015, 03:24:55 AM
But he seems to have great control of the Force...

Can we talk about that one major death scene, though... that hurt on so many levels.  It was so twisted. :(

To be honest, I was expecting Han to die from the moment he walked onto the bridge. I didn't imagine Abrams would let his main villain be turned back to good so easily.

Eulaliaaa!

I doubt how attractive people find him has to do with how old someone is. If it is... well, I already know there's something wrong with my brain.

And yes. That death scene was really sad. I haven't seen the other Star Wars movies in years, though it was still terrible :(

Groddil

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on December 27, 2015, 03:09:23 AM
Quote from: Groddil on December 27, 2015, 02:51:49 AM

Da Theories

The comments in the reddit post have swearing in them.

The link is to a youtube video, which is the reddit theory by some other guy, without the nasty comments full of swearzies.