Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens *SPOILER ALERT*

Started by Wylder Treejumper, December 24, 2015, 06:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your opinion of Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens?

It was far better than I had imagined
11 (55%)
It was mostly the movie I had expected and wanted
7 (35%)
Meh...
1 (5%)
I'd rather be stuck in a car with Jar-Jar for 2 hours
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

James Gryphon

If that had happened, it would have been one of the most brilliant plot twists of all time. That said, I don't think people would have appreciated it; I think we can only do so now that we've seen how the story was "supposed" to be.
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

Why yes, I have changed my avatar. Deal with it. Also, I dare you to click on my "website..."

MWAHAHAHAHAAHAAAA!

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: Groddil on December 27, 2015, 01:09:47 AM
Then you aren't looking hard enough. You need to lock yourself in a room with nothing except a DVD player and a copy of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. Do not eat or drink for twelve days, do not sleep, simply watch the video over and over until all you can think about is the amazing Jar-Jar Binks.
Number one thing on my Bucket List.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 27, 2015, 03:24:55 AM
But he seems to have great control of the Force...

Can we talk about that one major death scene, though... that hurt on so many levels.  It was so twisted. :(

If you look at his lightsaber, it's blade is rougher than the one of Luke. He also fails to use the Force to get Luke's lightsaber.

The scene with Han Solo and Kylo Ren was so good. I do dislike the fact that J. J Abrams glossed over Han's death so quickly.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

LordTBT

The movie was fun and entertaining, but JJ played it way too safe.

It became predictable with all of the callbacks to A New Hope...it was more like A New Hope 2.0. That's what I didn't want - we needed more new territory.

Which only raises the stakes for Episode 8 and 9 that much more for me.

Specifically:

-I want Luke Skywalker in full "Jedi Master" mode, and if he is to die, not until Episode 9

-Yoda needs to appear as a force ghost, with Frank Oz performing his voice, something that should be done because Frank Oz is still alive

-James Earl Jones needs to do the Vader voice one last time while he is still alive

The EU was very rich and vast, and could/should have been mined for story inspiration. Jacen, Jaina and Mara  Jade all deserved on-screen counterparts.

We'll see where this goes. JJ Abrams did a better job reinvigorating a franchise with his Star Trek film than he did with this.

Also, the new Creed movie does a better job of reinvigorating a franchise as well.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on December 27, 2015, 03:48:20 AM
I doubt how attractive people find him has to do with how old someone is. If it is... well, I already know there's something wrong with my brain.

And yes. That death scene was really sad. I haven't seen the other Star Wars movies in years, though it was still terrible :(
Wait... sorry, I wasn't trying to offend... :-\

Yeah....  And I had already been spoiled thanks to this thread. :P  But it hurt.  It was just so wrong the way Ren seemed to hand over his saber and then so maliciously flicked it on.  And then the way Han stroked his face (the FEELS) and then got pushed off that stupid walkway.  I was hoping his body would at least be left there so there'd be a chance of retrieving it, but nooo.  And then everything blew up, so it didn't matter anyway. :P

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on December 27, 2015, 07:53:16 AM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 27, 2015, 03:24:55 AM
But he seems to have great control of the Force...

Can we talk about that one major death scene, though... that hurt on so many levels.  It was so twisted. :(

If you look at his lightsaber, it's blade is rougher than the one of Luke. He also fails to use the Force to get Luke's lightsaber.

The scene with Han Solo and Kylo Ren was so good. I do dislike the fact that J. J Abrams glossed over Han's death so quickly.
Yeah, and I think that's cool, 'cause his saber reflects his own unstable personality.

I chalk that up to the fact that he was wounded and possibly conflicted over killing his father.  Thus, he wasn't exactly at his strongest right then.

Oh, guys, I found a oneshot on fanfiction.net about Han's death.  It has one use of an 's' word variation, so I'm not sure if I should link it or not, but besides that it was SO GOOD....
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Amber

I felt really bad for Han, but unfortunately I already knew that he was going to die thanks to Jukka telling both me and Russa that he gets killed by Ren.

QuoteJukka the Sling  : December 26, 2015, 10:02:43 PM 

When Kylo was about to take off his mask, I was hoping for some young and cuteish guy.  I wasn't disappointed. ;D  That... hair...
Seriously? Come on, Jukka, he wasn't even that good-looking. It's like you have some sort of crush thing on him. He's a SITH.

Jukka the Sling

Yeah, you've told me that like a million times. ::)  He isn't the cutest guy I've ever seen, but like I said, he's attractive in an unconventional way. :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

Quote from: LordTBT on December 28, 2015, 06:23:09 AM
The movie was fun and entertaining, but JJ played it way too safe.

It became predictable with all of the callbacks to A New Hope...it was more like A New Hope 2.0. That's what I didn't want - we needed more new territory.

Which only raises the stakes for Episode 8 and 9 that much more for me.

Specifically:

-I want Luke Skywalker in full "Jedi Master" mode, and if he is to die, not until Episode 9

-Yoda needs to appear as a force ghost, with Frank Oz performing his voice, something that should be done because Frank Oz is still alive

-James Earl Jones needs to do the Vader voice one last time while he is still alive

The EU was very rich and vast, and could/should have been mined for story inspiration. Jacen, Jaina and Mara  Jade all deserved on-screen counterparts.

We'll see where this goes. JJ Abrams did a better job reinvigorating a franchise with his Star Trek film than he did with this.

Also, the new Creed movie does a better job of reinvigorating a franchise as well.
KYLE KATARN FOR THE WIN

(Sorry)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Amber

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 28, 2015, 06:03:32 PM
Yeah, you've told me that like a million times. ::)  He isn't the cutest guy I've ever seen, but like I said, he's attractive in an unconventional way. :P
I noticed that you didn't deny having a crush on him.

Rusvul

Is he actually a Sith? I thought the Knights of Ren were similar and analogous but distinct.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on December 28, 2015, 07:19:57 PM
Is he actually a Sith? I thought the Knights of Ren were similar and analogous but distinct.
*looks it up*  Apparently you're right.

Lady Amber

Quote from: Lady Amber on December 28, 2015, 06:49:53 PM
You still haven't responded to this.

QuoteJukka the Sling  : Today at 02:25:05 PM 

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on Today at 02:19:57 PM

*looks it up*  Apparently you're right.
Oh, okay.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Lady Amber on December 28, 2015, 07:35:56 PM
Quote from: Lady Amber on December 28, 2015, 06:49:53 PM
You still haven't responded to this.
You seemed to disapprove of my fascination with Kylo Ren earlier because he's a Sith.  Well, we just discovered that he's not a Sith, so you should have no problem with it now. ;D

Hickory

Yes, but the Nightsisters of Dathomir "technically" weren't Sith, even though they were force-users and used their powers for evil.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.