Main Menu

Elder Scrolls.

Started by Lady Ashenwyte, February 08, 2016, 08:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Quote from: Jet the binturong on February 14, 2016, 11:40:04 PM
Quote from: Sagetip on February 14, 2016, 11:29:53 PM
Bah, Fallout is far better.

If you like apocalyptic stories better than fantasy, which I don't. Apparently FO4 took out a lot of the roleplaying potential too, which is a huge downside.
Meh, opinions differ.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Hickory

Lady Ashenwyte

Groddil

Search up Fallout Lore by ShoddyCast on youtube.

Hickory

Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on February 16, 2016, 12:18:20 AM
Quote from: Sagetip on February 15, 2016, 11:17:07 PM
Fallout lore is huge.

Examples?
Literally, you can learn about these two brothers who tried to sail up north, and one of the brothers hates the other because HE SLURPS COFFEE TOO LOUD. That's lore. Or about the poor guy called Swann who was mutated and totally forgot everything, and the only thing he still knows is SWANN?

MEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Sagetip on February 16, 2016, 03:09:04 PM
Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on February 16, 2016, 12:18:20 AM
Quote from: Sagetip on February 15, 2016, 11:17:07 PM
Fallout lore is huge.

Examples?
Literally, you can learn about these two brothers who tried to sail up north, and one of the brothers hates the other because HE SLURPS COFFEE TOO LOUD. That's lore. Or about the poor guy called Swann who was mutated and totally forgot everything, and the only thing he still knows is SWANN?

MEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH

In the Elder Scrolls, you can find out about how the Tribunal got their power from, how the universe was created, how Vivec first created and used Muatra, his spear. The lore about how he forged it is very in depth. There's lore about the trials of living gods, an engine that literally went out of the universe, races that burn with hate for man. Search up The Imperial Library for pages and pages of lore.

Feles

Skyrim's lore or rather elder scrolls as a whole, is huge, possibly it has the most lore out of any video game... but its combat is painfully bad, (cept for magic) because it generally involves you hacking at your enemies an ungodly amount of times before they die
Fallout has guns, and VATS and nukes, but less lore and no magic.
So Combat VS Lore is what it boils down to
Spoiler
We really need MATS Mage Assisted Targeting System
[close]
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Lady Ashenwyte

Skyrim's lore is pretty meh compared to the lore of Morrowind. I think the magic system is very good compared to Morrowind, but the combat in Morrowind was awesome.

Hickory

Quote from: Inquisitor on February 20, 2016, 01:50:16 AM
Skyrim's lore or rather elder scrolls as a whole, is huge, possibly it has the most lore out of any video game... but its combat is painfully bad, (cept for magic) because it generally involves you hacking at your enemies an ungodly amount of times before they die
Fallout has guns, and VATS and nukes, but less lore and no magic.
So Combat VS Lore is what it boils down to
Spoiler
We really need MATS Mage Assisted Targeting System
[close]
LOL

Lady Ashenwyte

Bump.

GET MORROWIND! The graphics are outdated, but it's so awesome. I'm going to do my first dungeon, which is a Dwemer dungeon soon!

Feles

I'll get the skywind mod for skyrim when it comes out
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Edraithel

Do you guys have any mods for skyrim, if so which ones?
I'm a bit obsessed with them I think I have around 40 running at the moment. Some main ones I have are:
Campfire
Frostfall
A mod that makes npc wear clothing appropriate to the environment (I can't remember the name)
No fast travel
Hold borders
Better walking speeds (now I don't walk super slow)
Parthannaux dilemma (you don't have to kill him to join the blades)
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man