News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Started by The Lady Shael, June 22, 2011, 10:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lutra

@Lily - Do you plan to get official certification someday?
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Lily

Quote from: Lutra on July 20, 2011, 02:34:11 AM
@Lily - Do you plan to get official certification someday?
It really depends on what I feel like doing when I eventually go home. Probably not, though. My degree was Software Engineering, so I'll probably end up going into that after I've finished in Japan. I do love teaching, but I have a feeling teaching Australian kids would be a liiiiitle different to teaching Japanese kids!

martins#1fan

A lazy, useless, slob...... What!?!
I'd like to be an animal rescuer, I LOVE ANIMALS.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Tsarmina

Well, I want to be a writer and singer. But not solo singer - in a group, like SNSD or 4minute

~Tsarmi
I am Sherlocked <3
OUAT *SwanQueen* forever

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved', the pig was 'committed'." ~Unknown

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action." ~Ian L Fleming

yeswonderful

What do I want to be when I grow up? Hmm...a kid at heart and body with an adult's reasoning.  :D

But really, seeing as I'm probably in the category of "grown up" for most, I'm doing something I never really expected myself to do until recently but am loving it! When I was a kid I pictured myself as a veterinarian, a biologist, a zoologist; anything to do with animals and nature. I received my Bachelor's in Biology with an emphasis in Ecology and Evolution. However, while in college I discovered a new passion: organic farming.

After graduating I worked for the Michigan Department of Natural Resources in Conservation for six months before being given the opportunity to join in the ownership of a new organic farm. Now I'm running the farm with two others and loving it! It's the best of all worlds for me, save for having much free time. I've also dabbled with the idea of writing on the side, for writing has been a passion of mine since I was very young and has continued on into my adult life. Writing at the moment, however, is an enjoyable hobby to get my mind off things rather than an income source. I just don't have the wherewithal to dedicate enough time to it to make it anything more than that.
Like pirates? Want to be a classy vermin who wears a cravat and sails the high seas? Enjoy writing? Join the VI! http://rovl.org/vi
VI movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD-1Q0htbfk&feature=youtu.be

Hálig

I want to be a movie director or an actress. . . . .or maybe a playwright. :)
Click here to visit my site!

Proud Doctor Who fan!

Balvayne

An author or graphic designer I suppose.

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Skalrag of Marshank

I wanna be an author and have a pet fox.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Right now I think that I could be a professional pet-sitter. By the end of the week, I will be responsible for four outdoor rabbits, one indoor rabbit, an orphaned baby wild rabbit, two rats, and a ferret.  :o
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

The four outdoor rabbits are called, from oldest to youngest, Albert Einstein, Luna, Pepper, and Ritzi. The indoor bunny is called Fudge, but he's also called Bob. So we just call him Fudgebob. The baby orphaned wild rabbit we are calling Hazel. We'll release him back into the wild when he's old enough, though. The two rats are called Jet, short for Jetstone and Misty, short for Mystique. The ferret we will be baby-sitting is called Zoe. She's my brother's girlfriend's ferret. Fudgebob is the rabbit of a friend. The two rats and the four outdoor bunnies are mine. ;)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Hmm. I'd offer to sell you one, but I don't want to disclose my location. I suffer from extreme paranoia when it comes to online identities.  :) Besides, we aren't breeding them right now, because winter is close and rabbits are a pain to take care of in the winter.

Skalrag of Marshank

~ Larry Boy