Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatch of Southsward

Group 1:
Squire blinked in apparent confusion.

"But of course, it was you that wanted to get in the first place. No need for machete drawing - if you don't want to come in, then don't. Also, they might not like it if you draw that fully." - he gestured with a thumb behind him, where four guards now had their weapons level with Eul's chest.

"As for your question, every person is a resource - an asset. We own an entire supermarket with plenty of food. We welcome people in - because in this new world every life is valuable. We're building something great here. A community the zombies will not be able to penetrate."
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Hickory

Kyle crossed his arms. "That's all well and good, but there's a first time for everything."

He turned to the others. "The place certainly looks safe. I don't see why we shouldn't go in. The only problem is that if there is a fight, we would be outnumbered. And surrounded."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

"I've seen those zombies infiltrate and overrun top grade military bases." Antonio said, mostly to himself. Turning to the others he pointed to the guards stationed on the walls. "If they wanted us dead, they'd have shot us from a hundred yards off. I'm willing to gamble that we'll be fine, and you can blame me if... If... If... I suppose you can blame me if we all die." Nodding to Squire, Antonio stepped forward at the head of the group.

"Please don't kill us," Antonio tried to laugh at his bad joke, but only managed to chuckle awkwardly. "Ah, we'll follow you in."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Eul slowly took her hand off the machete, keeping her hands where they could be seen. "Alright," she said. "I don't see the harm in coming to this place." In reality, she would rather stay away from the place and pick through the remains of some town to find what she needed. It was safer and she was better at scavenging than determining whether or not some one was able to be trusted. She remained alert, picking up every detail she saw and trying to figure out as much as she could about the place.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Fatch of Southsward

Group 1:

The decision made, the group entered the base. They found themselves in the same compound that Delthion and Jason were at. Squire gestured towards the weapons piled all around the compound. "Firearms are left here. You may keep your knives." He nodded at Eul - "You may also keep that machete of yours."

He gestured towards the two doors at the end of the compound.

"Once you've put away your weapons, exit through the door on the right, it will take you to the supermarket. Tell Cynthia Squire sent you - she'll give you extra food! I've got a few things to take care of here before I call it a night. I'll meet you at dinner."

Hickory

Kyle tossed his tesla and the empty handgun on the table. He opened the door on the right and held it for the others.

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: Only one door (right or left) - you have to pick to follow Squire's directions or not! @Sagetip

Groddil

Jason nodded.
"Thank you, Squire. If there's anything you need in return, we'd be glad to help."
The survivor waited until Delthion had removed the second rifle, before leading him through the door. Whispering to his companion, Jason looked around the supermarket.
"Don't worry, Del. I still have the other pistol in case anything goes sour. Oh geez, this is big. How are we expected to find Cynthia?"
The survivor walked over to a nearby citizen.
"Hey, we're new here. Squire told us to see Cynthia; Any idea where she is?"

Fatch of Southsward

Group 2:

The grizzled survivor nodded.

"Aye, o'er there. Just a few more steps. Ye can't miss it. Little food stand. Go through the line, get the grub. If Squire told you to see 'er, make sure ye mention that Squire sent ye. Ye'll get good food. Not like the mess we've had to live on fer years. Cynthia likes to please new 'uns, see?"

Eulaliaaa!

Eul felt slightly better about the situation now that she knew they weren't taking her only weapon, and she looked around at the others. "Do we want to send some people in the right door, and some in the left? I'm curious to see around this place, they seem not too bad, but I still want to see. Besides, we would probably only get in trouble or whatever if they were hiding something," she whispered, looking around the room.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Groddil

Jason thanked the other man and led Delthion towards the food stand. After waiting in the line for a while, Jason found himself at the front of the line. The survivor introduced himself to Cynthia.
"You Cynthia? I'm Jason, and this is my son Delthion. Squire sent us."

LT Sandpaw

Unclipping his pistol holster Antonio set it down carefully, keeping the knife with him. Glancing over at Wilbur he motioned at the bow.
"You'll probably need to leave that behind." He warned, pulling his pack up higher on his back. "We want to do everything in our power not to startle or anger our hosts." He said in response to Eul. "But we can... Can... We can ask if your curious. Thanks Kyle, c'mon everyone." Antonio, acting much braver then he felt, led the way through the door Kyle was holding. His eyes wide as they stepped into the supermarket.

"Where do you suppose," He asked glancing back at the others. "We'll find Cynthia?"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: I'm going to assume this means group 1 has decided not to enter the other door.

BIC:

Group 1:
Having heard what Antonio had said, a citizen nodded at him.

"Cynthia's right o'er there - the little food stand. Never seen ya 'afore. New citizens eh? We get em all the time. Be sure to tell Cynthia you're new - she likes to treat newbies with the good food. Otherwise you'll get the soup. Always avoid the soup when you can, my friends." - he looked down upon his own bowl of soup with disgust.

Group 2:

Cynthia, a blonde woman with her hair pulled back in a pony tail, had been reaching for a soup ladle until Jason spoke. She beamed at Jason.

"Oh, I'll bet he's told you all about how I like to play favorites with the new arrivals! Figure they deserve something special to ease the exhaustion of living outside the walls!"

Instead of serving the soup, she leaned down and pulled out a steak dinner.

"We have new people show up all the time, so I've had it all cooked and ready just in case. Here you go darling." - she handed the sustaining food to Jason and Delthion.

Hickory

OOC: Cynthia sounds like she's from Diamond City.

BIC:

Following the others through the door, Kyle listened to the citizen. "At least it's food," he remarked before starting towards Cynthia.

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: Is that the settlement in Fallout 4? (My roommate in college played that game - that's how I know.  ;) )

Group 1:

Cynthia smiled at the new arrivals. "Hmm, not sure I've seen you around before."

She reached for the soup ladle - "Quiet folks, are you? I thought I knew everyone in this settlement! Meet someone new every once in awhile, I suppose."