News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

OOC: Yes, it's the settlement. Nice catch.

BIC: Kyle smiled weakly. "Yeah. Squire sent us over to you, since we're new arrivals.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Fatch of Southsward

Group 1:

Cynthia grinned - "Ahhhh, that's why I've never seen you before. Wow, that's a lot of new arrivals in one day! We had another group of two come in earlier today! I served them steak, and there's plenty left over! Eat up darlings, there's enough to go between all of you!"

She handed over six plates of the juicy looking steak. (Note - it's six, to include Ryan and Randall, if anyone's forgotten they're still with you!  :) )
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Eulaliaaa!

Eul stayed near the back of the group, looking around the area and seeing all the exits she could use if it was needed. She smiled at Cynthia, accepting a plate. "Thank you very much," she said, remembering the last time she had eaten a steak. It had been too long ago. "You said there was a group of two? Do you know who they were?" Her mind immediately jumped to Delthion and Jason, but she pushed that thought away. The chances of that happening were small, right?
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

Accepting the plate, and a set of eating utensils Antonio glanced around looking for somewhere to sit. "This is quite the place you have here." He commented to Cynthia while waiting for the others to get served. "I suppose Squire is in charge, did he... He... Did he come up with the idea of building the wall?" Antonio didn't like the idea of a wall, if something got in, then everyone would be stuck inside. He'd seen the same thing happen with a chain-link fence.

As Eul asked her question Antonio too thought of Delthion and Jason. He could only hope that if the two were here, they wouldn't run into each other. That could lead to some awkward situations. Still, it did remind him, he'd have to warn Squire about them, and what the two were capable of, whether they were here or not. Squire deserved to know.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: We'll wait for either @Delthion or @Groddil to post one more time, then we'll move on.

Delthion

Delthion was content to follow Jason's lead, so he did so silently. Then as he was walking back he spotted the original group and Wilbur, he quickly hid his face and told Jason about what he had seen. "We need to put some distance between us and this line. But we need to stay in the base, maybe we could volunteer for guard duty?"
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

Jason nodded.
"I was thinking the same thing myself. Come on, we'll go see Squire."
The survivor scarfed down the last of his steak and made a break for the door.

Fatch of Southsward

Group 1:

As the conversation continued, the forks became increasingly more heavy. The steak was finished, and it had become a terrible burden to get out of the chairs. Antonio was fast asleep, face down on his plate of steak, Eul reached to wake him, but her arm was too short and it seemed like he was miles away, at the end of a dark tunnel. One by one, the group's heads dropped onto their plates.

Group 2:

As Jason walked towards the door he was only dimly aware of Delthion falling behind him. He became aware that his head was on the ground. Had he fallen suddenly? It didn't really matter - the ground was nice. The ground was comfortable. He should spend the night here, he decided. His last fleeting vision was of two boots walking up to him and stopping inches before his closing eyelids

Both Groups:

All the survivors awoke to find themselves in a chain link compound. There were roughly twenty people in the compound altogether. All of their clothes and bags were gone, and they were dressed in matching white shirts and blue jeans. Each three survivors were chained to a post. Delthion, Jason and Antonio to one post, Eul, Wilbur, and Kyle to another post and Randall and Ryan were tied along with a survivor who appeared to be dead, were tied to another post.

OOC: For those interested, the steak was, of course, drugged. The way to avoid being drugged was to simply not tell Cynthia that Squire had sent you, or to enter the second door to find the compound.

Hickory

Fatch of Southsward

Hickory

Kyle blinked the blurring as out of his eyes. "Damnit," he said upon finding himself in the present situation. As the others came awake, he observed the room. "My things," he realized. All of his materials were lost, taken by Squire and his people. He pulled against the chains. "Squire!" he yelled. "Where the heck are you?"

Groddil

Jason awoke to see the original group was tied up with them.
"Squire? You're making a mistake, we're not with them! We're on your side, get us out of here!"

Delthion

Delthion smiled grimly. He had thought that the steak might be drugged, but there wasn't any reason why they should have, so he let the matter rest. "Well, I think that we'll be here for a while. I was worried something like this might happen." Delthion said and then leaned his head back against the fence.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

As the shouts sounded Antonio's eyes flickered open, blinking in confusion. "Wha-?" He turned his head to see Delthion and Jason chained next to him. Surprised Antonio tried to pull away, his bonds clinking pitifully at the meager resistance.
"You two did something didn't you," Antonio accused glaring around at the twenty or so other prisoners that were with them. "You tried to kill someone I'll bet, and they took us all."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

"No...but we were all fools. I didn't trust Squire the moment I saw him. Although I didn't see a reason that he should do this to us. I wonder what is the point behind our imprisonment." Delthion said keeping his head laid back against the fence.