News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

2016 Presidential Elections

Started by Hickory, September 03, 2016, 03:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Yeah he just doubled the national debt, divided the nations racial and ethnic groups even more then they were, and nearly passed through gun control, he also pulled troops out of Iraq leaving the region to be controlled by rebel insurgence groups which we armed, who eventually turned into ISIS. But your right, he did pass national health insurance which has been a nice disaster, and he's allowed kids to leach off their parents until their twenty-five, so we'll give credit where credit is due.

Frankly the best thing Obama did in office was have the guts to give to order to go through with the mission to take out Bin Laden. :-\

I'll say this, as bad as Obama has been he's a little better then Hillary. And for what its worth he was the first black president, and while I think electing someone in so they can be the first whatever is a bad way to judge someone's eligibility, its still a milestone in American history.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on September 06, 2016, 02:48:04 PM

Yeah he just doubled the national debt, divided the nations racial and ethnic groups even more then they were, and nearly passed through gun control, he also pulled troops out of Iraq leaving the region to be controlled by rebel insurgence groups which we armed, who eventually turned into ISIS. But your right, he did pass national health insurance which has been a nice disaster, and he's allowed kids to leach off their parents until their twenty-five, so we'll give credit where credit is due.
Yeah. . . agreed.
19 trillion dollars in debt. That's a million million.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Banya

@Sagetip
Quote from: Banya on September 06, 2016, 01:23:37 AM
I'd be interested in a poll change to who is voting in the upcoming election, just to gauge how many of us are old enough and will vote, old enough and won't vote, and aren't old enough to vote.

Hickory

Sure, but I'll change it back in time for the actual voting to begin.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Banya

Quote from: Sagetip on September 06, 2016, 11:53:36 PM
Sure, but I'll change it back in time for the actual voting to begin.
Sweet. thanks.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Ashleg on September 06, 2016, 03:47:04 AM
Quote from: Groddil on September 06, 2016, 02:07:01 AM
Quote from: Jet the binturong on September 06, 2016, 01:12:16 AM
But I'd rather have a politically competent criminal in office than a blustering politically inexperienced bully like Trump. Clinton may be scary for America, but Trump is scary for the world.

Agreed.

Second that.
The way I see it, it's like this: would you rather have the sneaky, doublecrossing Chancellor Palpatine or the blundering Jar Jar?  (Perhaps not the best analogy, but still.)  I'd take the guy whose motives and intentions (seem to) have a greater chance of being genuine.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Groddil

The way I see it, its better to put up with Hillary for four years or however long the prezzers is in office for, then immediately get somebody better. Trump is just... No.

LT Sandpaw

I agree, except Trump for four years, and then someone better. Do you know Trump, how many have his speeches have you watched? How many of his ideas have you reviewed?

James Gryphon

Too many. ;)

If I had to pick between Trump and Hillary, I'd go with the former, just because I don't think they'd let him do anything. I find the comparison of Hillary to Palpatine extremely apt.
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on September 07, 2016, 01:19:01 AM

I agree, except Trump for four years, and then someone better. Do you know Trump, how many have his speeches have you watched? How many of his ideas have you reviewed?

Trump is nothing more than a redneck with a lot of money. Hitler gave good speeches too, but I don't think many people would have liked him as the US President.

LT Sandpaw

On the contrary, before Hitler became known as a Nazi villain the Democratic left considered him to be the model of leadership and progressiveness. They also thought Stalin was great, until you know they realized he killed loads of his own people.

And Trump is anything but a redneck. And there ain't nothing wrong with rednecks neither. That's just an insult based off emotions rather then facts.

If you see Trumps track record he's actually a rather interesting extrovert.

Groddil

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on September 07, 2016, 01:48:30 AM
And Trump is anything but a redneck. And there ain't nothing wrong with rednecks neither. That's just an insult based off emotions rather then facts. He's racist, insults just about everyone, and his claim to fame is that he's rich and a total stuck-up [rat].

LT Sandpaw

Lets not get to vicious here. But how is he racist?

Groddil

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on September 07, 2016, 02:02:30 AM

Lets not get to vicious here. But how is he racist?

But how is he racist?

But how is he racist?

. . .

.  .  .

Please tell me you did not just ask that.

LT Sandpaw