Choose Your Own Adventure - Forum Edition

Started by Groddil, September 05, 2016, 04:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Yeah jump for the hole, I can't imagine we'd have a massive chance against Del.

Edit: Plus we've had a lot of luck falling down holes in the past, Baliss doesn't seem to take much fall damage and can probably survive again.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

I wonder if he'll ever go full snake and just swallow someone whole.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Delthion

I just want to see what happens if we do fight me. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

Groddil

"Uh oh."
Delthion swipes at you with his sharp claws. You notice a small pit in the ground, and dive through it. All of a sudden, you hit water. Freezing cold water. Shivering, you clamber out of some sort of pool, and notice a circuit breaker clamped on a nearby cinder block. You flip the lever down, causing lights to flicker on all around you. The body of water, an actual swimming pool, has turned red due to the dead guests floating in the water. Averting your eyes from the gruesome sight, you exit through a chainlink gate and head towards a large building. Above the entrance door, 'Brockhall High' has been scrawled onto a sign. You nudge open the door and trudge through the dark halls. You peek through the window in one of the doors, where several guests are crowding around a body, flailing wildly, and a nearby cabinet is... shaking?

Investigate further.
Keep moving.

Items

Ashe's Chainaxe - A ridiculously overpowered... thing made using a chainsaw and a war axe. Can tear apart guest and member alike with ease. Shame the circuitry has been totally destroyed.
Rucksack - Stores stuff.
Jerry Can - Holds fuel for the Chainaxe. 3/4 full.
Torch - A makeshift flaming torch.
Chainaxe Motherboard - A crucial Chainaxe component. Unfortunately, without an Imperial Electrocore, the Chainaxe is still useless.
Electrical Cable - An insulated bit of cable.
Small motor - A small motor.
Jury-Rigged Growth Ray - A shrink ray that has been modified to run without a Quantum Carbonizer. It can now only make things bigger.
Zombie Slave Serum - Turns a dead body into a zombie that will obey a single order, then disintegrate.
Double-Barreled Shotgun - A snazzy weapon recovered from the Dungeon. Galli is using it. Loaded with 2 Shells.
Shotgun Shells - Ammo for the Double-Barreled Shotgun. You have 6.

Scimitar - A fancy, curved blade. It once belonged to Daskar.
Dungeon Keyring - A keyring that can open any door in the dungeon.
[close]
Memberdeck

Members Encountered:
#0: Unknown: [ADMIN]
#1: Unknown: [JAMES]
#2: Ashe - A badger, formerly the strongest PowerPlayer in existence. He now runs a teahouse.
#3: Unknown: [JUKKA]
#4: Russa - An insane squirrel, who resided in the hospital. Was erased from existence by Ashe.
#5: Unknown: [AMBER]
#6: Unknown: [SOREN]
#7: Unknown: [PEONY]
#8: Unknown: [BANYA]
#9: Delthion - A crazy, cannibalistic hedgehog. Enjoys SPAM.
#10: Skarzs - A strange creature that resembles a potato. Huge, strong, and doesn't say much.
#11: Unknown: [GONFF]
#12: Unknown: [DANFLOR]
#13: Unknown: [PERIFAEN]
#14: Unknown: [LEATHO]
#15: Unknown: [ROCKTREE]
#16: Unknown: [MATTHIAS]
#17: Faiyloe - A fairy Forumite, whose home you destroyed. She can control Skarz. You have unfinished business with her.
#18: Unknown: [SKYBLADE]
#19: BlueRose - A crazed Forumite, locked up in the Dungeon. She seems friendly enough.
#20: Unknown: [THE BINTURONG]
#21: Unknown: [RACHEL]
#22: Unknown: [SUNPAW]
#23: Unknown: [RAIN]
#24: Unknown: [DOTTI]
#25: Unknown: [MHERA]
#26: Unknown: [EULALIA]
#27: Unknown: [KITSUNE]
#28: Unknown: [IZEROTH]
#29: Unknown: [SAGE]
#30: Unknown: [MASK]
#31: Unknown: [DUSTFEATHER]
#32: Unknown: [ASHLEG]
#33: Unknown: [WYLDER]
#34: Daskar - An unhappy stoat who ruled over Daskaria. He was trapped in Skarz's thread by Delthion. He was killed by BlueRose.
#35: Unknown: [LUTRA]
#36: Unknown: [SAND]
#37: Unknown: [GRODDIL]
#38: Unknown: [TAM]
#39: Unknown: [WRAITH]
#40: Unknown: [LEO]
#41: Unknown: [LOUGH]
#42: Unknown: [INQUISITOR]
#43: Unknown: [CONRAD]
#44: Unknown: [TESTER]
#45: Unknown: [GAT]
#46: Unknown: [DARKENMAL]
#47: Unknown: [MEADOW]
#48: Unknown: [RUSVUL]
#49: Unknown: [OSU]
#50: Unknown: [DANIEL]
#51: Unknown: [WOT]
#52: Unknown: [ABAREBEAR]
#53: Unknown: [PSYBOX]
#54: Galli - A strange Forumite who communicates through screams. She wanders the forum Aimlessly.
#54: Unknown: [HATLORD]
#55: Unknown: [BONE]
#56: Unknown: [GRIFFEN]
#57: Unknown: [ALBRITHR]
#58: Unknown: [NIGHTSHADE]
#59: Unknown: [BROOKSKIMMER]
#60: Unknown: [NILEJOY]p
#61: Unknown: [SILENTSAM]
#62: Unknown: [FIREHAWKE]
#63: Unknown: [TOMMY TREESHIELD]
#64: Unknown: [LORDTBT]
#65: Unknown: [HANNORWORD]
#66: Unknown: [WHITEGHOST]
#66: Unknown: [MENTALMIDWESTERN]
#68: Unknown: [FATCH]
#69: Unknown: [KROWDON]
#70: Unknown: [AMARITH]
#71: Unknown: [ROSIE]
#72: Unknown: [BADGERSWORD1]
#73: Chipster - A hare who once attacked Galli's cardboard box. His plane had already crashed when you got here. But is he truly dead...
#74: Unknown: [NORHAM]
#75: Unknown: [BROCKTRESS]
#76: Unknown: [TIRIA_]
#77: Unknown: [OLDFOX]
#78: Unknown: [SANDLOT]
#79: Unknown: [TAGGERUNG]
#80: Unknown: [MARY]
#81: Unknown: [ALEXANDRE]
#82: Unknown: [ALEXANDRE]
#83: Unknown: [VIZKA]
#84: Unknown: [MILADY]
#85: Unknown: [NATHAN]
#86: Unknown: [UNGATT]
#87: Unknown: [2QUID]
#88: Unknown: [HIAG]
#89: Slagar - An evil, deformed fox in a mask. He threw you into the cellars.
#90: Baliss - This is you. A genetic freak with tendrils for arms.
#91: Unknown: [LORDE]
#92: Unknown: [BELLE]
[close]
Peoplez wot's travelling with you

Baliss - Member #90. This is you.
Galli - Member #54. She can deploy a cardboard box as a shelter. Affinity: 2 Location: Unknown
Daskar - Member #34. He can call for support from the Daskarian Imperium. Affinity: -3 Deceased.
BlueRose - Member #19. Guests will avoid her, and in turn, you. Affinity: 2 Location: Unknown
[close]

Groddil

Sorry for the triple post, but I've actually made the new post this time.

Hickory

Great. Groddil and Jukka are probably here, and given the things that have happened at the school, it could be a huge boon, or a terrible mistake.

Although we could stand to do something. We may find a friend in the enemy.

Groddil

Gripping your scimitar (as tightly as you can with tentacles for hands), you kick open the door and decapitate a guest. Another guest shrieks, and tries to hit you with a chair. You narrowly avoid it, causing the seat to smash over another guest's head. You stab out at the one that swung the chair, impaling it against a wall. When the final two guests charge you, you merely sidestep, and close the door behind them. They scratch at it, but have no idea how to get in. The Forumite that was being attacked is a squirrel, and you quickly rush to her side.
"Find... Medkit. Need... Medicine."
You look over your shoulder at the shaking cabinet.
"No... Don't let... out. Not... Yet."
Nodding, you approach a wall mounted first aid kit and rip it open. Inside are three vials of strange liquid, a device marked "T.I.D.", and a sticky note. The sticky note reads:

Quote from: Sticky Note

R.A.D. - [ILLEGIBLE] Acid [ILLEGIBLE]
T.I.D. - Transfusion Injector Device
[ILLEGIBLE] - Carbon Phosphane 4

The three vials have also been labelled. One with "Timoxilin Barbebutenol," one with "R.A.D.", and one that you cannot read.

Baliss got a T.I.D.

It seems like you need to use the strange thing to give the squirrel some sort of healing drug. But which one is correct?

Give the Squirrel the Timoxilin Barbebutenol.
Give the Squirrel the R.A.D.
Give the Squirrel the Medicine that you cannot read the label of.
Mix all the vials together.
Ignore the squirrel and open the cupboard.

Items

Ashe's Chainaxe - A ridiculously overpowered... thing made using a chainsaw and a war axe. Can tear apart guest and member alike with ease. Shame the circuitry has been totally destroyed.
Rucksack - Stores stuff.
Chainaxe Motherboard - A crucial Chainaxe component. Unfortunately, without an Imperial Electrocore, the Chainaxe is still useless.
Jury-Rigged Growth Ray - A shrink ray that has been modified to run without a Quantum Carbonizer. It can now only make things bigger.
Zombie Slave Serum - Turns a dead body into a zombie that will obey a single order, then disintegrate.
Double-Barreled Shotgun - A snazzy weapon recovered from the Dungeon. Galli is using it. Loaded with 2 Shells.

T.I.D. - Some sort of medicinal device.
[close]
Memberdeck

Members Encountered:
#2: Ashe - A badger, formerly the strongest PowerPlayer in existence. He now runs a teahouse.
#4: Russa - An insane squirrel, who resided in the hospital. Was erased from existence by Ashe.
#5: Unknown: [AMBER]
#10: Skarzs - A strange creature that resembles a potato. Huge, strong, and doesn't say much.
#17: Faiyloe - A fairy Forumite, whose home you destroyed. She can control Skarz. You have unfinished business with her.
#19: BlueRose - A crazed Forumite, locked up in the Dungeon. She seems friendly enough.
#34: Daskar - An unhappy stoat who ruled over Daskaria. He was trapped in Skarz's thread by Delthion. He was killed by BlueRose.
#54: Galli - A strange Forumite who communicates through screams. She wanders the forum Aimlessly.
#73: Chipster - A hare who once attacked Galli's cardboard box. His plane had already crashed when you got here. But is he truly dead...
[close]

Galli - Member #54. She can deploy a cardboard box as a shelter. Affinity: 2 Location: Unknown
Daskar - Member #34. He can call for support from the Daskarian Imperium. Affinity: -3 Deceased.
BlueRose - Member #19. Guests will avoid her, and in turn, you. Affinity: 2 Location: Unknown
[close]

James Gryphon

Google search reveals that the first option is a mind control drug that, after a little while, kills the victim from heart failure.

The precise scientific definition of carbon phosphane is unknown to me. However, it's probably worth noting that phosphanes are typically toxic, used for insecticides and other such applications.

Mixing the vials together sounds like a recipe for disaster.

So, R.A.D sounds rad!
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

R.A.D probably stands for Radioactive Acidic Drink.

The options may not act like they do in real life, though.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

James Gryphon

Technically tim-barb isn't a real drug; it's from the Johnny English film.

Maybe they don't, but if the names didn't matter at all, Groddil could just as well not listed them. It seems reasonable to suppose that their names are somewhat a clue to their value.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

I'd say R.A.D as well. Though I think mixing all three together would be amazing. ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on October 04, 2016, 03:03:05 PM

I'd say R.A.D as well. Though I think mixing all three together would be amazing. ;)
My thoughts exactly. Maybe we should take them both for later use. Some mind-control death drug would be pretty useful...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Groddil

You stare at the three medicines. For some reason, you feel like you've heard of two of them before. As such, you take the third one, marked "R.A.D." You pour it into the T.I.D. and inject it into the squirrel. Several seconds later, her wounds start to disappear before your very eyes. She sits up.
"Thank you. I owe you one. Name's Amber, I'm Jukka's sister."
"What's in the cupboard?"
"Mace Windex."
"What is that, some sort of cleaning product?"
"He's... I don't know. He's not a guest, but certainly not a Forumite. Jukka's trying to use him to restore Del's sanity."
"Is that humane?"
"He's not going to die. Jukka won't kill her own child."
Before you can reply, a strange fox-like creature appears out of nowhere.
"Whoo-wee, looks like you made the right choice!"
"Who are you?"
"Why, I'm a Groddil clone, of course!"
"Huh?"
"I came here to congratulate you! James, you were right, the Timoxilin Barbebutenol is a movie reference, as is the Carbon Phosphane 4, or, should I say, CPH4."
"Why the movie references?"
"The guy who wrote this was lazy, alright? Do- FOURTH WALL BREAK DETECTED!!!1!"
"Eh?"
"I AM SORRY MASTER. I WILL SELF-DESTRUCT NOW!"
The Groddil clone taps itself in the chest, causing a miniature black hole to suck its body into nothingness. Amber, looking confused, walks over to the closet, freeing a strange looking man. She walks towards the door.
"Wait, don't open that. Guests... Grab that chair."
She nods, and picks up a chair.
"Once I open the door, throw the chair."
Another nod. You grip the door handle and yank it open. You jump to the side as Amber throws the chair. Two zaps of your growth ray later, the huge chair smashes through the doorframe and crushes the two guests. Dusting yourself off, you and Amber start walking up the stairs. All of a sudden, the stairs collapse. When you manage to haul yourself up, you're in some sort of Home Economics room. Smoke is coming from a nearby oven.

Investigate the oven.
Find the exit.

Items

Rucksack - Stores stuff.

T.I.D. - Some sort of medicinal device.
[close]
Memberdeck

Members Encountered:
#4: Russa - An insane squirrel, who resided in the hospital. Was erased from existence by Ashe. The youngest of the Squirrel Sisters.
#5: Amber - The middle Squirrel Sister, and a member of the Revolution. Was bringing Mace Windex to Brockhall High.
[close]

[close]

Hickory

Great, we're still in Brockhall.

Investigate the oven, I guess.