Crossed Swords Plotting: BloodSpine Crew

Started by BrookSkimmer, February 27, 2013, 11:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BloodGullet

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on March 03, 2013, 08:30:34 PM
Zomevone could be ze cook.

are you volunteering?  the job doesn't pay much, but I'm sure there are perks (like extra helpings)  :D
When ye hear me muzzle lock, say yer prayers, ye bilgerat!

Tam and Martin

You don't do much when you are cook but it's an interesting spot. In the role play, The Long Patrol, I play a female cook

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

BloodGullet

cool, ok, so far,

officers:
Captain Visefang the Red/ Played by DanielofRedwall
the Captain, of course

Sculrig/ Played by Tam and Martin
first mate

Skral Kodzar/ Played by Mattio
second mate

Navarre/ Played by Romsca
bosun

Golfar the Veil / Played by BloodGullet
navigator

crew:
Vela Menkar / Played by 321Tumbler
Seeress

Carr Marsh / Played by HeadInAnotherGalaxy
cook?

undecided:
Sula Grillet/ Played by Jetthebinturo
Farril/ Played by PluggFiretail

if I have anything wrong or someone wants to change, feel free to post - not set in stone.

not really quite everyone we will need to "man" a ship.  perhaps we should have a ghost crew of beasts that are just talked about but don't actually say anything.  up to you guys.

BloodGullet

Quote from: Tam and Martin on March 04, 2013, 12:04:03 AM
You don't do much when you are cook ...

oh, not always - think Long John Silver in Treasure Island!

Dannflower Reguba

Please don't double post BloodGullet.  ;) Don't worry, we've ALL done it.

Looking good guys! Just wanted to wish yall good luck!  :) Any return on what time of the year you think it should be?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

BloodGullet

oops! my bad, sorry, just getting a little carried away :o

as to the time of year - I think, so far, most of the group seems to want it to be spring time. so if that is what your group has decided, then perhaps we can go from there - or is it usual to ask the creator of the rp to decide? I'm not sure, perhaps Brookskimmer can make a call on that.

DanielofRedwall

My thoughts on all that has been decided or discussed so far...

• In terms of ranks, I honestly don't mind who is ranked what, I'll leave that up to you guys to decide. I mentioned in my character sheet that Visefang'll probably favour those highly ranked a bit more, but he'll be cruel to everyone. Just remember that not everyone can or needs to RP as a highly ranked character. I reckon it would be fun RPing as the lowest of the low ranks, always bullied and never heard. ;) Think Sneezewort and Loosewart (I think those are the names?) from The Long Patrol.
  • In terms of seasons, I reckon a bit of rain or even a storm would add a bit of intrigue to the story. That would mean spring or autumn would be good, because in winter it just snows (well, not here, where I live it buckets with rain).
  • Tumbler, I like the idea of you being a seeress. I'd probably react a bit like Razzid Wearet would have in The Rogue Crew. I could introduce my character with you tending to the wound on my back.
  • The ship description- I like BloodGullet's description, that does it for me. I'd like to add that the ship flies a flag a bit like a Jolly Roger. On a black backgorund, there a pictures of two red fangs with a red cutlass going over the top of them horizontally. I may draw a picture of that and put it up, but I'm pretty bad at drawing, so you'd only get the gist of it.

Those are my opinions. You're going well so far, I like the decisions everyone has made!
Received mostly negative reviews.

BrookSkimmer

This is all looking very good you guys.

The points Daniel put up look good to me, as well as the positions of various beasts on the ship.

You will have until Wednesday or so to finishing plotting before the first posts of the tournament will go up!

Mattio

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: BloodGullet on March 04, 2013, 12:01:00 AM

are you volunteering?  the job doesn't pay much, but I'm sure there are perks (like extra helpings)  :D

Nay, ah vaz juzt puttin' it oot zere. Ah'd rather be vith ze lover rankz. Cookz generally dinnae go oot on lootin' expeditionz, an' ah'd rather nae ztay back vith ze zhip an' mizz aw ze fun.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on March 04, 2013, 04:57:13 PM
Quote from: BloodGullet on March 04, 2013, 12:01:00 AM

Nay, ah vaz juzt puttin' it oot zere. Ah'd rather be vith ze lover rankz. Cookz generally dinnae go oot on lootin' expeditionz, an' ah'd rather nae ztay back vith ze zhip an' mizz aw ze fun.

translation

No, I was just putting it out there. I would rather be with the lower ranks. Cooks generally don't go out on looting expeditions, and I would rather not stay back with the ship and miss all the fun.

;) For those that are new to his cool dialect.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Jetthebinturong

could I be Visefang's advisor or something since my character is very fond of power and tries to manipulate everyone to do what she wants, sort of like Flinky
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Tam and Martin

321tumbler

I like that idea. Maybe we could make a mistrustful alliance to kill Visefang, but we both plan to kill eachother afterward.

Tam and Martin