News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Corrupt-a-Wish

Started by Matthias720, March 20, 2012, 08:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

Granted. It's an IBM PC, loaded up with PC-DOS 1.0, a 4.77mhz processor, and an amazing 16kb of ram.
You can do all kinds of things on it, like make BASIC apps, run a spreadsheet, or play great games. It can even log on to BBSs. (Just make sure that you have a modem and that it's plugged in to your phone line.)

I wish I had a bag of pretzels.
« Subject to editing »

BadgerLordFiredrake

Granted, but the salt is a poisonous compound.

I wish I could have a million dollars.
baby turtle forever

James Gryphon

Granted. You have a million dollars, but all of the serial numbers have been rubbed off. You can't spend any of your money because there isn't any proof of its authenticity. Then a paranoid clerk calls the police, and you're mistaken for a counterfeiter and hauled off to jail.

I wish that this software DVD would load.
« Subject to editing »

BadgerLordFiredrake

Granted, but it completely fries your motherboard.

I wish I had invincibility.
baby turtle forever

Tiria Wildlough

Granted, but nobody likes you anymore.

I wish I had lots of followers on Tumblr.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

James Gryphon

Granted, but they're all spambots. You get tons of posts telling you about "great business opportunities" and "one weird trick discovered by a housewife".

I wish that my teeth were always clean.
« Subject to editing »

Rainshadow

Granted!  They are always so nice and perfectly white, especially when you take them out and stick them in a glass of water beside your bed.

I wish that I didn't have to can pickles.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jukka the Sling

Granted. You now have to can tomatoes and applesauce instead. (Not together, of course.)

I wish my Dragon Cave dragons hadn't all turned out to be female so far.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Granted, but now they all start attacking you.

I wish for a planet that had ten million acres of forest, two hundred million acres of ocean and wildlife was in abundance, the atmosphere was perfect, I was on it I was the same age that I am now, I had family on it that were completely virtuous, the water was impervious to poison and so was the atmosphere, so was the gravity. There are no robots of any kind, and there is a plentiful food supply.

I am interested in what will happen to this.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

Granted. However, after spending many delightful and pleasant years on said planet, a huge asteroid collides and starts tidal waves and earthquakes. Thus ends the utopia.

I wish I could meet all the forum people in real life.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Granted, but you hate them all, and vice-verse.

I wish that utopia was not destroyed.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

ninja'd response: Granted, but they're nothing like how they are on the forums. Everybody, from the staff on down, act like jerks when you meet them, and the experience turns you off so much that you decide never to come on the forum again. :)

Granted; utopia wasn't destroyed. However, being imperfect, you can't be allowed to be in perfection, because you'd mess it up, so you're sent to live in a desert where you spend the rest of your days harvesting water.

I wish I could find my glasses.
« Subject to editing »

Rainshadow

Granted!  You find them with your foot.  ;D

I wish that I could get the smell of garlic off my hands.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

James Gryphon

Granted, but you get it off by washing your hands in a chili pepper solution. Then, when your eyes itch, you rub them with your hand.

I wish that I had 20/10 vision.
« Subject to editing »

Rainshadow

Granted!  You now wear glasses that have the numbers "20" and "10" etched on them, obstructing your view.  :)

Quote from: James Gryphon on August 20, 2014, 12:00:09 AM
Granted, but you get it off by washing your hands in a chili pepper solution. Then, when your eyes itch, you rub them with your hand.

That's just mean.  :P  ;)

I wish that I could eat corn on the cob again.