News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Escaping the Redwall Universe (All May Join)

Started by Lutra, June 09, 2012, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

Shade quietly left her food and sneaked after the two otters. She stood around the corner and listened to Lily introduce herself.
'What does she want to talk to him for?' wondered the shrewmaid.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lily

OOC: Sorry, maybe I wan't clear enough. She didn't actually say that because she thought it sounded silly. Should I edit my post?

Lutra

OOC: Nope, I knew you didn't say that.  Tiria will have to edit hers when she comes back on.  Anyway, here we go......

IC:

Whitewater became aware of a presence behind him, and he figured it must be the female otter he had spoken to at the table.  Who else would leave a table full of food that good?  She had come up beside him and introduced herself as Lily.  "My name is Whitewater," he said politely.  "I was just admiring this tapestry; I'd never seen it before or anything quite like it."  He took her paw.  He'd seen men in movies take a ladies' paw to kiss, but Whitewater figured that was wrong for this place.  They weren't human.  But Whitewater felt as if she could be trusted all the same.  "I don't know what's gotten over me today, its been the most curious day of my life.  I have the strangest feeling I don't even know why I'm here at this place."  How much should I let on? he wondered, realizing he had already let slip that he doesn't live at this residence.  How much more should she know?  "Its made me so muddled that I can't even walk straight with this tail and all," he concluded creatively.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

AbbotAlf0805

Barbossa walked back to the tapestry because he heard some voices. "Well hello there!" said Barbossa leaning in the door way looking at them. "Now who might you be?"
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not a hipster.

Lily

Lily smiled. "Maybe there's something in the air; I've been feeling a bit muddled myself. I'm guessing you're not from around here either?"
She didn't know if this other otter was in a similar position to herself or if he was just having a bad day, but the more she was around him the more she felt she could trust him.

AbbotAlf0805

OOC: hey guys im talking to Lutra and Lily!
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Skipper

Skipper watched the two otters leave cavern hole, he turned back to the food and bit into a warm loaf of bread thoughtfully. His mind was swirling with the mystery of these mysterious guests but however hard he thought he could not make out why or how they got here. Skipper winced, he drew his paw away as he realised he had accidentaly bit it not realising he had finished the bread.

Lutra

Quote from: AbbotAlf0805 on June 28, 2012, 12:42:19 PM
OOC: hey guys im talking to Lutra and Lily!

Sorry about that...indeed you are there!

IC:

Whitewater looked at the female otter.  Maybe they weren't so different from each other after all.  "You could say I'm definitely not from around here.  I really don't know why I am here or what brought me here," he said rather solemnly.  He heard a sound behind him and turned quickly as a rat walked in and inquired who they were.  More introductions groaned the otter.  He glanced at Lily and whispered, a paw to her ear, "There's more I want to say but not in front of this character."

Whitewater faced the rat who reminded him of a pirate out of a Hollywood film.  He certainly looked the role.  "My name is Whitewater and I'm just passing through here.  This is Lily, she's also a traveler.  If you hurry I think there's plenty of food left in that dining room over there, you wouldn't want to miss it" he pointed, hoping the rat would get the hint and leave them be.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

AbbotAlf0805

OOC: Barbossa is a mouse

BIC: "Alright then just trying to make friends here at the abbey!" said Barbossa walking away shaking his head and paws in an innocent way. He left and went to meet new creatures. The abbey sure has a lot of new creatures since last time I visited he thought walking into the orchard.

Lily

As soon as the mouse left, Lily decided to go for broke. The worst that could happen was that Whitewater would think she was crazy. Maybe she was, a little.
"Have you ever felt like... like you were in the wrong body? Like, one day you woke up and you weren't... yourself any more? That's what today has been like. I know it sounds a little weird, and maybe you think I'm crazy, but..." she trailed off. "That's what I think." She looked at the other otter expectantly, waiting for him to either call her crazy or agree with her.

Tiria Wildlough

Shade supressed a giggle. What was the ottermaid on about?
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

Whitewater just stared at the otter.  Good Lord!  She's describing what I'm going through!  How can this be? he thought, befuddled.  Seeing that the mouse had left, and no other creature was currently present to hear him, he said, very quietly, "I think I know what you mean.  Though I must ask, if you don't think you're an otter, what do you think you are?  There are days I feel like I should be.....a different person, but well, I'm an otter now."  He didn't want to come out and say he was a human; would she even know what a human was, or was this just an otter with an identity crisis wishing she were a squirrel or something?  Better to play it safe! he thought.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Lily

Lily could barely stop herself from jumping and yelling out loud. Now she was certain that Whitewater was in the same predicament as she, he had even used the word "person".
"That's it! I'm supposed to be a person! Oh my goodness, please tell me you know what I mean." Her voice, while still quiet, became shrill with excitement.

Lutra

Whitewater looked back at Lily who was now obviously excited.  No doubt about it--this otter was once a person like himself, now stuck in whatever scheme this was.  So he wasn't the only one in this predicament!

"Yes I understand entirely what you mean," he said, still trying to keep quiet.  "I was a person too, but I'm clueless as to how I got here.  Its nice and all but I can't be an otter forever!"  He looked around again, making sure nobody else was here.  "We need to stick together, no matter what, otherwise we might never discover quite why this happened.  To make this credible, just say you and me are......courting, then they won't mind so much that we're always together.   They'll probably want an explanation of who I am and all; I'll make it up and just say I came from a river down south and happened upon the building.  They'll have to buy it.  You should probably give them a similar story.  My guess is there's probably more people in this, but the trick will be discovering who is a person, and then figuring out what to do about it."

Whitewater looked around again.  "Are you with me on this?"
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra